The Official 2010 "I Hate VD" Thread

Mara

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Feb 11 2010, 08:27 PM)
http://www.publishersweekly.com/articles/blog/660000266/20080501/loveyouforever.jpg

laugh.gif

We have that book. It's really sweet, actually.

Anyway, I plan on celebrating Valentines Day by ignoring it and then gorging myself on discounted chocolate on Monday. yes.gif

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until I get a girlfriend, VD can suggit.

Wonder how much money was wasted on Roses this year.

Speaking of which here's something kinda funny on the school announcements; It went something like this:

"Our student council is delivering roses during 5th period classes, so if any of you young lovers would like to buy one for someone special, it's $ 3:00 for one rose, and $ 5.00 for two! We'll deliver the rose and a message to any student you'd like to and they'll receive it during their 5th period class. And to all you single people out there - don't feel down, deliver a rose to one of your friends!"

Okay, so what do you do if you don't have any friends? confused13.gif z7shysterical.gif facepalm.gif

QUOTE (AgentScotty @ Feb 13 2010, 10:00 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 7 2010, 09:36 PM)
Cupid can cram his arrows up his fudge tunnel.

rofl3.gif

hahahaha z7shysterical.gif

I'm going to tell that to any student who asks how my valentines day went

"it was stupid, Valentine's Day is dumb, Cupid can cram his arrows up his fudge tunnel!

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Feb 13 2010, 06:21 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 13 2010, 02:43 PM)
QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Feb 11 2010, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Feb 11 2010, 08:04 PM)
apple raspberry and custard, best being the apple Miss RL23...REAL apple bits make the flavor POP, custard 2nd and raspberry...pitless!  Enjoy!  btw they got lemon too, but..mmm weellllll... 062802puke_prv.gif

which did u get?  drool1.gif

I LOVE lemon...and that's what I got!!! They're awesome!!! My only choices were strawberry, raspberry, lemon and....... PRUNE!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

Paczkis (POONCH-keys) are godlike and imperial... Fuggetaboudit!!

Teh fresh-baked paczkis are in on Tuesday... 653.gif

and so, I go back to da store n guess what NO LEMON..see she knows where I live, and bought em all for herself!

laugh.gif rofl3.gif

If you're nice, I'll share them with you.

Yes.. both my Wife and myself think Valentine's Day is stupid.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...dpost&p=1857450

QUOTE (Pags@Feb 14 2010 @ 09:40 AM from the "Hey guys...tomorrow is Valentines day., Don't wind up in the Dog House" thread on why I don't buy anything for VD)
I can't! My wife is allergic to flowers, thinks something that withers and dies is a stupid gesture anyway, can't stand the idea on the waste of money in buying a red-dyed piece of cardboard that says "I Love You", and scoffs at the idea of buying fattening chocolates as a sign of showing "I care".

So we blink at each other when we wake up and murmur "Happy Valentine's Day", and then go make coffee.
Edited by Pags

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 13 2010, 09:14 AM)
Well, it's tomorrow! I haven't bought so much as a card; nor has my husband. (We do have our 7th anniversary next Sunday, though, and we'll make a fuss then).

Well... it's today.

It's so funny how we do not get into this holiday; however, I am making a special dinner tonight (lamb and lentil stew) and will be slaving in the kitchen all day. Ok, well I will be slaving away piling the ingredients into the CrockPot. Ok, so the CrockPot will be slaving away all day in the kitchen.

Hate threads are awesome aren't they? popcorn.gif

I'm supposed to be doing a course but somehow I wandered over to TRF. This morning I watched 30 Days of Night. Tonight I'm gonna see Saw III. Can't wait. Later peeps!!!!!

I made my wife and daughter a great steak dinner with baked potato and broccoli, and a nice shrimp cocktail.

No flowers or chocolate needed. We don't play that game. We play by our rules! 1287.gif atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 14 2010, 06:21 PM)
I made my wife and daughter a great steak dinner with baked potato and broccoli, and a nice shrimp cocktail.

No flowers or chocolate needed. We don't play that game. We play by our rules! 1287.gif  atickhum.gif

My dinner was almost exactly the same, but I substitute sweet potatoes...And fried up a nice bottle of wine to compliment... smile.gif

But in the spirit of this thread, the person I was referring to is myself! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 14 2010, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Feb 14 2010, 06:21 PM)

No flowers or chocolate needed. We don't play that game. We play by our rules! 1287.gif  atickhum.gif

My dinner was almost exactly the same, but I substitute sweet potatoes...And fried up a nice bottle of wine to compliment... smile.gif

But in the spirit of this thread, the person I was referring to is myself! biggrin.gif

We ate LEFTOVERS!!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Feb 14 2010, 06:31 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Feb 13 2010, 10:36 PM)
Until I get a girlfriend, VD can suggit.

you're single? i wasn't aware. ph34r.gif

in b4 WHO IS SHE YOUR LEFT HAND LOLOLOL eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 14 2010, 09:56 PM)
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Mine was faaaaaaantastic!! wub.gif 653.gif biggrin.gif cheer.gif trink39.gif

Nice!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Feb 14 2010, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Feb 13 2010, 06:21 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Feb 13 2010, 02:43 PM)
QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Feb 11 2010, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Feb 11 2010, 08:04 PM)
apple raspberry and custard, best being the apple Miss RL23...REAL apple bits make the flavor POP, custard 2nd and raspberry...pitless!  Enjoy!  btw they got lemon too, but..mmm weellllll... 062802puke_prv.gif

which did u get?  drool1.gif

I LOVE lemon...and that's what I got!!! They're awesome!!! My only choices were strawberry, raspberry, lemon and....... PRUNE!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

Paczkis (POONCH-keys) are godlike and imperial... Fuggetaboudit!!

Teh fresh-baked paczkis are in on Tuesday... 653.gif

and so, I go back to da store n guess what NO LEMON..see she knows where I live, and bought em all for herself!

laugh.gif rofl3.gif

If you're nice, I'll share them with you.

i'm always nice wink.gif rofl3.gif

My Valentine's Day turned out nice. Mrs beOhBe called me at work and suggested pizza as you want from papa John's...we had a one for each of us, leftovers for later on this week...Starbux and a Paczki...raspberry for my dessert and watched a DVR of Frank the Entertainer. Thought it'd be plain shite, but hey it was laughable. grown man living in his Mom n Dad's basement trolling out hoochie mama's from the tri state area and beyond to finally get his sorry ass married n outta his parent's house.

What a way to spend V Day

z7shysterical.gif

BUMP! For 2011. bumper.gif

Yep, still hate it. Got an anniversary (our 8th) a week from tomorrow; THAT is the real celebration for us!

Edited by Mara