Orange Julius

GeddyRulz

WCM, ol' pal! Please ask your sister for the Julius recipe.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 12 2010, 05:45 AM)
WCM, ol' pal! Please ask your sister for the Julius recipe.

I think wcm is cruising the warm waters of the Mexican Riviera all week. Didn't see him around yesterday.

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jan 8 2010, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 8 2010, 12:51 PM)
If I even LOOK at orange juice I get heartburn.

I have that problem too, but the low acid kind tastes good and doesn't give me heartburn.

Yep! Thank God for low-acid OJ! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 12 2010, 08:42 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 12 2010, 05:45 AM)
WCM, ol' pal!  Please ask your sister for the Julius recipe.

I think wcm is cruising the warm waters of the Mexican Riviera all week. Didn't see him around yesterday.

Yep. WCM will be back on Monday.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 8 2010, 11:03 AM)
They make pretty good hot dogs, too.

About a year and a half ago I found myself at a huge mall about every other day because my son liked the toddler play area the mall had. One day, starving, I got a hot dog from Orange Julius. Every single time I took him to the mall for some toddler fun time, I would scarf down one of those hot dogs. Even when my son grew bored with the mall I would drag him there just so I could get one of those hot dogs!

You know what else is good and took me forever to hunt down the recipe?

A Wendy's Frosty shake.

Also, I would kill for a DQ Blizzard making machine. I love their soft serve stuff, or whatever it's called.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jan 12 2010, 10:37 AM)

A Wendy's Frosty shake.

Also, I would kill for a DQ Blizzard making machine. I love their soft serve stuff, or whatever it's called.

I used to work for DQ, we used to have fun with the blizzard machines. We used to create our own concoctions when things got boring or when we were closing. I came up with a skor with prailine, chocolate covered cherry, and a few others.

But knowing what I know about their products... I'll never eat there again.

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jan 12 2010, 08:07 AM)

A Wendy's Frosty shake.

I used to work for DQ, we used to have fun with the blizzard machines. We used to create our own concoctions when things got boring or when we were closing. I came up with a skor with prailine, chocolate covered cherry, and a few others.

So your a McDonalds girl now? unsure.gif rofl3.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 12 2010, 11:25 PM)

A Wendy's Frosty shake.

Ewwwww! Hell No! If I even smell it my stomach starts churning. I can't digest that crap! I'm lactose intolerant, if Im gonna go through a night of hell Im gonna make damn sure it's for the real deal ice cream.. not some bacteria infected chemical based product full of air.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jan 12 2010, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 12 2010, 11:25 PM)

A Wendy's Frosty shake.

Ewwwww! Hell No! If I even smell it my stomach starts churning. I can't digest that crap! I'm lactose intolerant, if Im gonna go through a night of hell Im gonna make damn sure it's for the real deal ice cream.. not some bacteria infected chemical based product full of air.

laugh.gif rofl3.gif It's good your on top of this sh**!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif tongue.gif

I wonder if there are any Orange Julius's in southwest Connecticut....

ALRIGHT! There's one in the CT Post Mall in Milford! I'll be trying OJ out soon trink39.gif

Edited by Tarkus407

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jan 12 2010, 12:07 PM)

A Wendy's Frosty shake.

I worked at Burger King for two years and we had roaches in our shake machine. Customers didn't know, because if any roaches were actually IN their shakes they'd be ground-up to nothing.

They finally took the machine out back and blasted it with some chemicals for twenty minutes while roaches were running out of it in droves. Within a week the machine was back in use, but... you think any of us employees would drink a shake after that??? no.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 13 2010, 06:14 AM)

A Wendy's Frosty shake.

I worked at Burger King for two years and we had roaches in our shake machine. Customers didn't know, because if any roaches were actually IN their shakes they'd be ground-up to nothing.

They finally took the machine out back and blasted it with some chemicals for twenty minutes while roaches were running out of it in droves. Within a week the machine was back in use, but... you think any of us employees would drink a shake after that??? no.gif

062802puke_prv.gif This type of shit just makes me want to live off the land..

http://www.citizensreport.org/2010/01/09/s...n-fecal-matter/

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jan 13 2010, 07:38 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 13 2010, 06:14 AM)

A Wendy's Frosty shake.

062802puke_prv.gif This type of shit just makes me want to live off the land..

http://www.citizensreport.org/2010/01/09/s...n-fecal-matter/

Nothing wrong with living off the land, it's prolly a hell of a lot better for you then dealing with geneticaly engineered foods.

http://www.greenpeace.org/canada/en/campaigns/ge

There's a HUGE list of all the GE foods and a special report how there are links to growth hormoned injected beef affecting the development of children.

Okay, back to the original topic:

I found an O. Julius recipe that might be worth trying until we can get our mitts on wcm's sister's recipe.

6 oz Fresh Squeezed orange juice or any orange juice will work (I am guessing frozen concentrate is out)

6 oz Clear water

3 oz simple syrup

8 oz shaved or crushed ice

1 teaspoon of powdered milk or instant vanilla pudding mix

Toss all in a blender.

Simple syrup is just 2 parts granulated sugar to 1 part water, bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved. Very easy and does not take long at all. Extra can be stored in the fridge.

I probably won't have time to check this out until this weekend, so if someone does try it before then, please report back.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 8 2010, 01:25 PM)
I'm not familiar with Orange Julius, but I do know of Orange Whips.
http://www.sunglassesid.com/images/sunglasses/Ray-Ban-3030-John-Candy-big.jpg
Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips.

applaudit.gif

I have never had an Orange Julius.

That is all.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 8 2010, 02:03 PM)
My favorite is strawberry. They make pretty good hot dogs, too.

Definitely this. Strawberry Julius + Chicago Hot Dog = Happiness.

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jan 13 2010, 04:52 AM)

ALRIGHT! There's one in the CT Post Mall in Milford! I'll be trying OJ out soon trink39.gif

There used to be one in Trumbull Shopping Park... I know, I practically lived in that mall. Trumbull is closer than Milford.

QUOTE (Rendclaw @ Jan 13 2010, 03:20 PM)

laugh.gif I think hot dogs are pretty much the perfect food.

QUOTE (Rendclaw @ Jan 13 2010, 03:26 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jan 13 2010, 04:52 AM)

There used to be one in Trumbull Shopping Park... I know, I practically lived in that mall. Trumbull is closer than Milford.

Sadly, I've never seen one in Trumbull, and that's the mall I go to the most (despite all the hoodlums from Bridgeport causing a ruckus all the time facepalm.gif )

I thought there might be one attached to the Monroe DQ but there isnt. Looks like Milford's the place to go!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 13 2010, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (Rendclaw @ Jan 13 2010, 03:20 PM)

laugh.gif I think hot dogs are pretty much the perfect food.

yes.gif