Victor OR MFH

vaportrails14

which is better solo album  

45 members have voted

1. 1. which is better solo album

• Victor
    • My Favorite Headache

QUOTE (Working Man @ Nov 19 2009, 05:05 PM)
I'm going with My Favorite Headache. Though it's not an excellent album, I think it beats Victor in the vocal department. I just can't get into the vocalist on the album (anybody know his name?). Though I do like "Promise" and "Sending out a Warning".

The vocalist is Edwin, formerly of I Mother Earth.

I actually enjoy Victor more. MFH is too middle of the road for me.

This is an easy one for me. MFH does absolutely nothing for me. It's very boring and has no life to it. Victor, on the other hand, is pure genius and remains in heavy rotation even today.

I'm not voting cuz I like them equally (how Canadian of me). LOL

They are both very enjoyable to listen to and both offer very different music. I guess if I were pressed, I'd give the nod to Victor only because it's so different from the Rush sound.

Yes, MFH sounds like a Rush album, and that's not a bad thing, and it's clear from MFH who drives the 'Rush sound' and that's the point. Even Ged's voice aside, the way the songs are constructed is very Rush-esque... and again, that's not a bad thing. Just that Victor is such a departure that it makes the album much more 'fresh' than MFH.

MFH is beastly.....everyone should know that. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Nov 21 2009, 04:32 PM)
My Favorite Headache. but i think if Alex made a solo album NOW it would be way better than Victor.....because of his involvement in Porcupine Tree and what not

I really hope that if Lerxt does another solo album that it will sound nothing like Porcupine Tree tongue.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Nov 21 2009, 04:29 PM)
My Favorite Headache. but i think if Alex made a solo album NOW it would be way better than Victor.....because of his involvement in Porcupine Tree and what not

I really hope that if Lerxt does another solo album that it will sound nothing like Porcupine Tree tongue.gif

SILENCE!!!! rage.gif

tongue.gif

This is one of those times I might agree with Fridge. I don't think they're bad, but I don't see the fascination with them either.

Love 'em both.

I've had to replace both since their initial release after wearing out or scratching up my original copies.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Nov 21 2009, 12:29 PM)

No sh**!!!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Archived