NCAA Basketball

tangy

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 2 2010, 10:47 PM)
It's been a very disappointing year for Tarheels but a huge congrats to them on win number 2000 in their history tonight 1022.gif

2nd team to win 2000 after Kentucky.

1022.gif common001.gif trink39.gif

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Duke! I was too tired/drunk to watch the second half but the first half was ugly. The only bright part of the whole season was watching John Henson mature.

Will Ed Davis go pro?

Carolina, IMO suffered more from a lack of leadership from the older players than a lack of talent by the freshman. If a new leader does not emerge we may have the same problems next year. On a positive note, I hear the heels have the number one high school player coming up next year.

Syracuse is a very good team but couldn't overcome the mojo in Freedom Hall yesterday. I mean, really, how could anyone beat Louisville yesterday? That place was crazy.

Here's to hoping that UK lays the wood to Florida today and doesn't take the game lightly. I'm gonna miss John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins next year...not to mention Patrick Patterson.

DeMarcus Cousins could be the best player in the country that no one talks much about. He's 6'11", 280, runs the floor, has awesome footwork, handles the rock like a PG and is a double-double machine...and is predicted to go 3rd in the draft.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 7 2010, 10:26 AM)
Syracuse is a very good team but couldn't overcome the mojo in Freedom Hall yesterday. I mean, really, how could anyone beat Louisville yesterday? That place was crazy.

Here's to hoping that UK lays the wood to Florida today and doesn't take the game lightly. I'm gonna miss John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins next year...not to mention Patrick Patterson.

DeMarcus Cousins could be the best player in the country that no one talks much about. He's 6'11", 280, runs the floor, has awesome footwork, handles the rock like a PG and is a double-double machine...and is predicted to go 3rd in the draft.

Cousins is great but he is overshadowed by Wall IMO. Will try to catch some of the KY game today.

I was working in the yard and did not catch any of the Syracuse game.

QUOTE (tangy @ Mar 7 2010, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 7 2010, 10:26 AM)

Cousins is great but he is overshadowed by Wall IMO. Will try to catch some of the KY game today.

I was working in the yard and did not catch any of the Syracuse game.

Didn't miss a whole lot if you didn't see it. UK did what I feared...had FL down by 18 in the first half then decided the game was over and let them back in it.

This attitude will bite UK in the Tourney.

WOW......just when I thought my Gamecocks were done, they shock #13 Vanderbilt on Senior Day in Nashville!!! :shock:

If they beat Alabama in the SECT, they draw Kentucky, a team I actually like our chances against as we match up favorably with them!

Lose to Kentucky, and hey the NIT is a nice consolation prize, especially given all the adversity we've suffered this year.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Mar 8 2010, 10:24 AM)
WOW......just when I thought my Gamecocks were done, they shock #13 Vanderbilt on Senior Day in Nashville!!! :shock:

If they beat Alabama in the SECT, they draw Kentucky, a team I actually like our chances against as we match up favorably with them!

Lose to Kentucky, and hey the NIT is a nice consolation prize, especially given all the adversity we've suffered this year.

If I never see UK play Devon Downey again it'll be too soon.

just wanna give a thumbs up to Coach Calhoun for FINALLY benching the starters. Really liked the energy our JV UConn team brought to the game on Saturday, even if they lost... Dyson and Robinson needed a wakeup call in time for the NITs...

Congrats to USF btw, good game guys!

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 8 2010, 02:01 PM)

Better root for Bama on Thursday then.... laugh.gif

What me worry? HOLY SHIT!! GAELS WIN!!! MARCH MADNESS BABY!!!!!

My stomach couldn't take the first half, but man what a second period BLOWOUT!!!

"IT'S ALL ABOUT THE G!"

I need to pick up one of those shirts!!!!

Did any of you on the East Coast watch this great game??????

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 8 2010, 11:04 PM)
What me worry?  HOLY SHIT!!  GAELS WIN!!!  MARCH MADNESS BABY!!!!!

My stomach couldn't take the first half, but man what a second period BLOWOUT!!!

"IT'S ALL ABOUT THE G!"

I need to pick up one of those shirts!!!!

Did any of you on the East Coast watch this great game??????

I missed it.

I did watch my college Appalachian State University lose to Wofford and missing their chance to go to the NCAA. Congrats to Wofford. They said this was the biggest win ever for their school!

I love the energy and the pureness of college hoops. Its the most upset friendly sport IMO. I love how my school ASU beat College of Charleston, who earlier in the year beat UNC Chapel Hill.

This year is the first year since the ACC was formed that UNC Chapel Hill did not have a single player on the All ACC Team. Ouch!

Edited by tangy

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Mar 9 2010, 01:17 PM)
UConn women have broken their own win streak by now winning 71 games in a row.

Wonder if there was booze and cigars involved in the celebration...... tongue.gif

I don't know about the booze and the cigars, but it appears they're ready to strap it on for another run through the NCAA Tournament.

QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ Mar 9 2010, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Mar 9 2010, 01:17 PM)
UConn women have broken their own win streak by now winning 71 games in a row.

Wonder if there was booze and cigars involved in the celebration...... tongue.gif

I don't know about the booze and the cigars, but it appears they're ready to strap it on for another run through the NCAA Tournament.

rofl3.gif strap it on is right!

QUOTE (joanneeeeee @ Mar 10 2010, 12:54 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 9 2010, 04:23 PM)
Holy shit Uconn got thier asses handed to them...by St. John's    wacko.gif

cuz we suck major ass angry.gif it's embarrassing

better luck next year...if Coach stays on

The UConn women will probably win though.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Mar 8 2010, 05:52 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Mar 8 2010, 02:01 PM)

Better root for Bama on Thursday then.... laugh.gif

Can't believe I'm saying it but...Roll Tide!!

* my luck they'll win and hit about 100 3's against the Cats... unsure.gif

Evan Turner NCAA Player Of The Year yes.gif

Sinks the three, sinks the Wolverines. applaudit.gif

GO BUCKS!!!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/spirit3trails/Brutus_Buckeye_in_a_cartoon_charact.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Mar 14 2010, 04:13 PM)
the kentucky/miss state game was amazing! congrats to KY.

Yes it was. I've never seen the "intentional missed FT" play work before. Even though I think the game was meaningless for UK as far as NCAA seeding goes it was nice to see UK win the SEC championship after the past couple of years, I'm especially happy for junior Patrick Patterson who struggled with the most worthless-ass joke of a coach the past two years.

10 minutes until selection. trink38.gif

Buckeyes roll over Gophers 90- 61 1022.gif

Midwest bracket is a killer.....

yes.gif