NCAA Basketball

tangy

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 14 2010, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 14 2010, 02:53 PM)
Congrats to Clemson for taking down the Tarheels last night! The parts I watched wasn't even close.

The Tarheels are a bubble NCAA team at best.

Get used to a long season.

That's funny because a lot of the so-called experts say they have the talent to make some noise in the tourney. Some even say Final Four (though I even doubt that)

Sure they are not the same powerful team as last few years but they can still compete. For sure they will be a great team again in next few years.

They will be playing with the big boys in March. Watch. yes.gif

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 14 2010, 03:55 PM)
Congrats to Clemson for taking down the Tarheels last night! The parts I watched wasn't even close.

That's funny because a lot of the so-called experts say they have the talent to make some noise in the tourney. Some even say Final Four (though I even doubt that)

Sure they are not the same powerful team as last few years but they can still compete. For sure they will be a great team again in next few years.

OK fine, but the ACC is ULTRA-competitive once again this year. IMO even more so than last year. I mean VIRGINIA, who nobody expected anything from is leading the conference. It would not surprise me to see UNC finish 9th in the ACC. I'm not hating on the Tarheels, I'm just looking at a team that couldn't seal the deal at the College of Charleston and who got beaten by Clemson about as badly as they used to BEAT Clemson.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 14 2010, 05:07 PM)

OK fine, but the ACC is ULTRA-competitive once again this year. IMO even more so than last year. I mean VIRGINIA, who nobody expected anything from is leading the conference. It would not surprise me to see UNC finish 9th in the ACC. I'm not hating on the Tarheels, I'm just looking at a team that couldn't seal the deal at the College of Charleston and who got beaten by Clemson about as badly as they used to BEAT Clemson.

The ACC is always tough.

I don't agree Heels will fall that low but I will say it is possible that there could be a surprise ACC champ this year. I just hope we and several other teams can somehow stop Puke from winning (unfortunately they are playing well right now)

The Heels weren't supposed to be that good this year but going into this past week they are ranked #12.

Other than the upset loss to Charleston all of their losses have been to ranked teams (3 in top 5)

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 14 2010, 05:55 PM)

The ACC is always tough.

I don't agree Heels will fall that low but I will say it is possible that there could be a surprise ACC champ this year. I just hope we and several other teams can somehow stop Puke from winning (unfortunately they are playing well right now)

The Heels weren't supposed to be that good this year but going into this past week they are ranked #12.

Other than the upset loss to Charleston all of their losses have been to ranked teams (3 in top 5)

to me the heels are just young and prone to making mistakes. sometimes they look good ( usually at home ) and other times they just fall apart. they could be a pretty strong team by the end of the ACC tourney . we will see.

at least carolina has the #1 high school prospect coming next year.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 14 2010, 07:02 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 14 2010, 05:55 PM)

The ACC is always tough.

to me the heels are just young and prone to making mistakes. sometimes they look good ( usually at home ) and other times they just fall apart. they could be a pretty strong team by the end of the ACC tourney . we will see.

at least carolina has the #1 high school prospect coming next year.

Yes the future bodes well as long as Coach Williams is still around new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

No. 11 Valdosta State 81, No. 1 Augusta State 75, FINAL

Posted by Chris Gay on January 16, 2010 - 4:54 PM in asu | Augusta State | college basketball | Valdosta State

http://blogs.augusta.com/node/4024

VALDOSTA, Ga. -- Not sure what the weather's doing in Augusta, but we're in Monsoon Central here. Good thing this game is being played indoors. And if you're asking "What Game?" then you haven't been paying attention.

Augusta State puts its No. 1 ranking on the line today when it plays No. 11 Valdosta State in a little while. The Jaguars have nothing to lose and everything to gain from this non-conference game. This will be a grand test for ASU as it prepares for its fourth consecutive run to the Division II Tournament. Of course, making the tournament is not on the Jaguars' minds -- winning a national championship is. And this is one of those games that will help prepare them for more difficult teams down the road.

A win today would almost assure Augusta State of being the Southeast Regional host -- provided the team doesn't have a meltdown of nuclear proportions. A victory locks up a sixth consecutive winning season in the Dip Metress tenure and gives the team a major win over a nationally-ranked region team.

If you've never been here, the university is very pretty -- it features Spanish-style architecture. Like ASU, the university is in the middle of town. Except here, moss hangs from the trees.

The game likely will start about 4:13 or so. While we're waiting, you can appreciate one of the Valdosta students who is dressed up in a white wife-beater and jean shorts, with a sign that proclaims "I'm from Augusta." Nice. This men's game is going to be crazy, I think.

(cut for brevity's sake... read the entire article at the site)

VSU 81, ASU 75, Final

They're going nuts here like they won a national championship. I'm sure ASU wouldn't mind a rematch in the Elite Eight.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So we finally got beat, something that hasn't happened since the Final Four in 2009. I'm sorta glad that we lost, so now we don't have to worry about the whole "undefeated" thing. IMO we played like we were the #11 team, they played like they were the #1 team, but oh well.

We did have fun today, though. ASU organized a thing to take us from Augusta to Valdosta via charter bus, including meals at Applebee's and Chick-fil-A. We've got some crazy fans - wish the game had turned out better, but I still had fun.

#9 Kansas State stuns #1 Texas, 71-62!

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 18 2010, 11:38 PM)

Not so much a stunner, IMO. It would have been a stunner if K-State wasn't ranked. But to lose to a fellow top 10 team just validates that K-State has got themselves a program.

Texas, Kansas AND Kansas State in the top 10.....WOW. You don't think of the Big XII as a basketball conference usually, but those are some heavy hitters there.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 16 2010, 10:37 AM)
tarheels VS georgia tech today @ 2!

Tarheels lose again.

I think they'll pull it together eventually.

we will see. still lots of turn overs and poor decisions. glad they at least made a run at the end though.

the clemson/ nc state was a great game too!

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 19 2010, 09:25 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 18 2010, 11:38 PM)

Not so much a stunner, IMO. It would have been a stunner if K-State wasn't ranked. But to lose to a fellow top 10 team just validates that K-State has got themselves a program.

Texas, Kansas AND Kansas State in the top 10.....WOW. You don't think of the Big XII as a basketball conference usually, but those are some heavy hitters there.

did not hear about that one! nice.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 19 2010, 03:13 PM)

Tarheels lose again.

we will see. still lots of turn overs and poor decisions. glad they at least made a run at the end though.

Just saw a projection today that had the Heels as an 11-seed.

So they're in, but just barely.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 19 2010, 03:37 PM)

Tarheels lose again.

yeah, and another tough game tonight for the heels. Wake Forest @ Carolina.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 20 2010, 12:35 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 19 2010, 03:37 PM)

Tarheels lose again.

yeah, and another tough game tonight for the heels. Wake Forest @ Carolina.

They're usually pretty good at home against Wake so hopefully that trend continues.

They just got to quit letting the game get away too early and playing catch up all the time. Their big comeback against GT is encouraging despite losing the game.