NCAA Basketball

tangy

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wall is responsible for good chunk of UK's scoring from assists alone, he set a school record a couple of games ago. He has the ability to score whenever he wants but does an unbelievable job of getting other players going. He is also clutch when a games on the line.

And he prolly will be the #1 pick in the draft. He's so damn fast & the moves he can make is sick. I'll miss him next season.

Edited by theredtamasrule

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Nov 2 2009, 10:39 AM)
The South Carolina Gamecocks are a team to watch out for. Nearly everyone is back from the team that was SEC East co-champs a year ago, and we had an excellent recruiting class to boot.

So many high hopes, and then:

1) we lose our 2nd leading scorer in game #5

2) we lose our leading rebounder, who is eventually dismissed from the team

3) Without said players we lose to FRIGGIN WOFFORD. angry.gif

NIT at best. And that sucks considering how our football season ended.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 4 2010, 12:32 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Nov 2 2009, 10:39 AM)
The South Carolina Gamecocks are a team to watch out for.  Nearly everyone is back from the team that was SEC East co-champs a year ago, and we had an excellent recruiting class to boot.

So many high hopes, and then:

1) we lose our 2nd leading scorer in game #5

2) we lose our leading rebounder, who is eventually dismissed from the team

3) Without said players we lose to FRIGGIN WOFFORD. angry.gif

NIT at best. And that sucks considering how our football season ended.

hang in there! its too early in the season to throw in the towel.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Dec 23 2009, 08:54 AM)
QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Dec 22 2009, 06:55 PM)
My Hoosiers are trailing Loyola (MD) 24-4 as I type this .

COME ON GUYS !!  sad.gif

And they ended up losing that game by about 8-10 points.

What is WRONG with Indiana? That is one team that I never expected to fall off the radar like they have.

Thanks to rule violations from former coach Kelvin Sampson the Hoosiers had to start from scratch whithout any scholarship players last year, Tom Crean will fix it but it'll take time.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 4 2010, 09:18 PM)
talk about a ball shaving! the heels fall to the college of charleston.

congrats to COC!

That was one helluva game. I watched it last night, and after it was over, texted my neice who is a Tarheel alum.

C of C under Cremmins has a lot of credibility. They BARELY missed the Dance last year (one of the last 4 teams out) and is looking to ensure that doesn't happen again, regardless of whether or not they win the SoCon (which I think they will).

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Jan 4 2010, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Dec 23 2009, 08:54 AM)
QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Dec 22 2009, 06:55 PM)
My Hoosiers are trailing Loyola (MD) 24-4 as I type this .

COME ON GUYS !!  sad.gif

And they ended up losing that game by about 8-10 points.

What is WRONG with Indiana? That is one team that I never expected to fall off the radar like they have.

Thanks to rule violations from former coach Kelvin Sampson the Hoosiers had to start from scratch whithout any scholarship players last year, Tom Crean will fix it but it'll take time.

Indiana knew Sampson was a snake when they hired him. Should be no surprise that they got bit.

I still can't believe that my Gamecocks were courting him at one point. blush4.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 5 2010, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 4 2010, 09:18 PM)
talk about a ball shaving! the heels fall to the college of charleston.

congrats to COC!

That was one helluva game. I watched it last night, and after it was over, texted my neice who is a Tarheel alum.

C of C under Cremmins has a lot of credibility. They BARELY missed the Dance last year (one of the last 4 teams out) and is looking to ensure that doesn't happen again, regardless of whether or not they win the SoCon (which I think they will).

it was a great upset and i congratulate Cremmins and his team.

i only saw the last minute in overtime as the game was not televised up here.

i love an major upset even when its against on my favorite teams. to me thats the beauty of NCAA hoops!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 6 2010, 09:54 PM)
For one of my parlays I picked Cornell to beat the 22.5 point spread against #1 Kansas but jeez I didn't expect them to be winning with 5 minutes left ohmy.gif

Kansas manages to win (71-66) but that was quite the scare by Cornell

How bad is Oregon State basketball this year?

It's not good when you lose to a non-conference opponent at home.

It's worse to lose to a non-conference opponent at home, that doesn't even have a conference affiliation and also has a losing record.

But it's just PATHETIC to lose to said non-conference opponent at home BY 51 POINTS! ohmy.gif

And yet it's a final:

Seattle 99, Oregon State 48 wtf.gif

Sounds like Craig Robinson needs some more Obama-care after that one. smile.gif

CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) -Oregon State equaled its worst loss in school history Wednesday, falling to Seattle 99-48.

The 51-point margin of defeat came via the same score that the Beavers suffered on Jan. 23, 1997 at Arizona.

Mike Boxley had 19 points and Chris Gweth added 18 for Seattle (7-9), which is playing its first full schedule against Division I opponents since 1979-80.

The Redhawks broke open a close game in the first half with a 9-0 run to go ahead 27-21, then outscored Oregon State 10-2 in the final three minutes to lead 41-27 at halftime.

Seattle scored 19 straight points early in the second half and led by as many as 54 late in the game.

Walk-on McBee hits late 3-pointer as No. 15 Tennessee stuns No. 1 Kansas

Associated Press

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Scotty Hopson had 17 points and Tennessee (No. 15 ESPN/USA Today, No. 16 AP), with a lineup thinned by suspensions, dismissals and injuries, beat No. 1 Kansas 76-68 on Sunday night.

Kansas' Tyshawn Taylor stole the ball and dished it to Brady Morningstar, who hit a 3-pointer with 1:14 left to cut Tennessee's lead to 71-68.

Skylar McBee, one of three walk-ons who played for Tennessee, answered with his own 3 as the shot clock expired.

Sherron Collins, who bailed the Jayhawks (14-1) out of a near loss to Cornell on Wednesday with a career-high 33 points, couldn't help this time, missing three shots before time expired. Collins led Kansas with 22 points.

Kansas couldn't find its composure in front of 21,936 Tennessee fans. The Jayhawks turned the ball over 16 times, while Tennessee (12-2) had only eight turnovers.

The loss leaves No. 2 Texas and No. 3 Kentucky as the only unbeatens in Division I and it was the fourth this weekend by a Top Ten team, joining No. 4 Purdue, No. 5 Duke and No. 8 West Virginia.

It was the Vols' first game after coach Bruce Pearl dismissed Tyler Smith on Friday, a week after the senior was arrested on misdemeanor gun and drug charges. Tennessee was also playing without Cameron Tatum, Melvin Goins and Brian Williams, who were arrested Jan. 1 with Smith.

But Tennessee played even more shorthanded than that. Starters Wayne Chism and J.P. Prince found themselves in foul trouble early and both spent more than half of the game on the bench.

The Vols showed they could play defense without two of their best defenders, limiting the Jayhawks, who entered the game shooting 51.3 percent from the field, to an uncharacteristic 37.7 percent. Tennessee shot 48.1 percent, the best by a Kansas opponent this season.

Kansas shut down Tennessee's game in the paint early until Renaldo Woolridge hit three consecutive 3-pointers -- all from the same spot on the court -- as part of a 14-2 run by the Vols.

From there the Vols found the lane a little more accessible, and Tennessee finished with 30 points in the paint compared to Kansas' 20.

Bobby Maze gave Tennessee its first lead with a layup around big man Cole Aldrich that made it 23-21 with 5:59 in the first half. Kansas would only lead once more, on an alley-oop dunk by Taylor with 18:03 in the second half that made it 37-36.

It was the second consecutive win for Tennessee over a No. 1 opponent. The Vols last faced the No. 1 team when it won 66-62 at Memphis on Feb. 23, 2008, a win that vaulted them to their first, albeit brief, No. 1 ranking.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=300102633

I f***ing hate the Vols but it's always awesome to see the SEC kicking ass - well, except Florida.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 10 2010, 07:34 PM)
I f***ing hate the Vols but it's always awesome to see the SEC kicking ass - well, except Florida.

Definitely helps us all to get some quality wins in the conference for a change.

My guess at this point is that 5 SEC teams get in: Kentucky, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Miss State and Vanderbilt.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 11 2010, 03:09 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 11 2010, 03:04 PM)
Horns now ranked number 1.

So glad rankings mean absolutely nothing at this point in the season in at least one sport. eyesre4.gif

Still eating sour grapes are you? Truth be told, I don't know if the Horns have enough experience late in the tournament to win the whole thing but I do like our young team.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 12 2010, 11:19 AM)

So glad rankings mean absolutely nothing at this point in the season in at least one sport. eyesre4.gif

Still eating sour grapes are you? Truth be told, I don't know if the Horns have enough experience late in the tournament to win the whole thing but I do like our young team.

I like Texas over Kentucky. That's for sure.

It looks like there will be a good battle for the overall #1 seed, though.

Boiler Up!

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 12 2010, 10:19 AM)

No, no.....you misunderstood my post, and I reread it and I'm sorry I didn't make it clearer.

Texas is #1, which is fine with me, I don't care one way or the other. My point was, I love college basketball because we DO NOT OBSESS about the polls! So unlike college football, we have an actual tournament to decide the champion.

Didn't mean to knock Texas at all.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 12 2010, 12:05 PM)

No, no.....you misunderstood my post, and I reread it and I'm sorry I didn't make it clearer.

Texas is #1, which is fine with me, I don't care one way or the other. My point was, I love college basketball because we DO NOT OBSESS about the polls! So unlike college football, we have an actual tournament to decide the champion.

I'm a little sensative due to last week's game against Bama.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 12 2010, 12:07 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jan 12 2010, 12:05 PM)

I'm a little sensative due to last week's game against Bama.

I see that. I'll note the egshells a little more carefully for a while. wink.gif