Kayo Dot- Coyote

Lostprophets- The Betrayed

Boards of Canada- New Clear Dawn

Nevermore- The Obsidian Conspiracy

Beach House- Teen Dream

MGMT- Congratulations

Massive Attack- Weather Underground

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 24 2009, 08:10 PM)
The thing is that there IS good music today.......ALOT of it........ but you old codgers had it lucky back in the 70s.............. The good music (Floyd, Genesis, Rush...etc) Was OUT THERE and widley known........

Today you have to LOOK for the good music.........there is still good music being made.

Thanks for that, I guess I'm too lazy to put that much effort into looking then. laugh.gif

At some point I will have to get some PT and give it a hard listen.

I need another band to fill in the void created by lackaNURush. wink.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 23 2009, 10:00 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Oct 23 2009, 06:43 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 23 2009, 08:39 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 23 2009, 06:26 AM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 23 2009, 02:59 AM)
I dont really have anything specific but I have no idea how 2010 will top 2009 in Music... 2009 has been an amazing year, with some releases still to come!

+1

Some people truly do live in different worlds than I do. I own maybe 8-10 cd's from this entire decade, if that. I'm not saying right/wrong or better/worse, because everyone should enjoy what they enjoy - I just find it all very interesting. My head is still stuck in the past, but you probably already knew that. tongue.gif

Goober, youre a Dinasouar! Get with it man! wink.gif

I'm as with it as I'm gonna get. tongue.gif

Me too. Except I think my past is more recent than your past. wink.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 26 2009, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 23 2009, 10:00 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Oct 23 2009, 06:43 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 23 2009, 08:39 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 23 2009, 06:26 AM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 23 2009, 02:59 AM)
I dont really have anything specific but I have no idea how 2010 will top 2009 in Music... 2009 has been an amazing year, with some releases still to come!

+1

Some people truly do live in different worlds than I do. I own maybe 8-10 cd's from this entire decade, if that. I'm not saying right/wrong or better/worse, because everyone should enjoy what they enjoy - I just find it all very interesting. My head is still stuck in the past, but you probably already knew that. tongue.gif

Goober, youre a Dinasouar! Get with it man! wink.gif

I'm as with it as I'm gonna get. tongue.gif

Me too. Except I think my past is more recent than your past. wink.gif

ohmy.gif

well, as xanadude69 put it above, the music i listen to isn't really my past per se, that is, it's not the music i grew up with. i didn't get into psych till i was about 16 (1985) and prog till i was about 18 (1988), so even then it was music that was already past. i grew up with 80's music and heavy metal especially, but mostly abandoned that when i got into more classic rock...

New SLAYER next tuesday

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 26 2009, 12:19 PM)
The thing is that there IS good music today.......ALOT of it........  but you old codgers had it lucky back in the 70s.............. The good music  (Floyd, Genesis, Rush...etc) Was OUT THERE and widley known........

Today you have to LOOK for the good music.........there is still good music being made.

Thanks for that, I guess I'm too lazy to put that much effort into looking then. laugh.gif

You should really give PT a shot. I started listening to them a few weeks ago. Check out the PT thread for suggestions about which album or songs to listen to. I'm glad I did.

QUOTE (Natch @ Oct 28 2009, 01:48 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 26 2009, 12:19 PM)
The thing is that there IS good music today.......ALOT of it........  but you old codgers had it lucky back in the 70s.............. The good music  (Floyd, Genesis, Rush...etc) Was OUT THERE and widley known........

You should really give PT a shot. I started listening to them a few weeks ago. Check out the PT thread for suggestions about which album or songs to listen to. I'm glad I did.

yeah, definitely go buy some PT. There is nothing not to like about them IMO.

Great musicians with great songs.

Now if you are feeling adventurous head off into the great unknown with Between The Buried And Me. The new disc dropped yesterday and its likely to be the best release of the year for me. Nobody jams hard than this band at this point in time IMO........ common001.gif

Archived