2010 already looks like a great year for music

The Owl

Wow I'm am already looking forward to the releases of 2010! 2009 was a great year........ so much good music came out this year...and it continues into 2010...

Post what you are looking forward to in 2010 (Include DVD releases if you want)

here is what Im looking forward to!

Porcupine Tree- Live DVD from the FOABP tour (still a possible 2009 release but unlikely)

Spock's Beard- Spock's Beard X (2009 possible but also unlikely)

Coheed & Cambria - Untitled prequel to the Amory Wars Saga

Opeth- Untitled (Nothing Official Yet, but Michale Akerfeldt states that they Plan to go back in the studio after a short break from touring...hopefully a 2010 release)

Radiohead- Untitled

Symphony X- Untitled (possible 2010..band has confirmed it is in the works, in an Interview in Classic Rock presents PROG)

Paul Cusick- Untitled (Work has started on 2nd album... 2010 is a likely release date)

David Bowie- Live double CD from the "Reality Tour"

Arena- The Tender Box (no date confirmed, but 2010 likely)

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Oct 22 2009, 10:20 PM)
Easy. New Bad Religion CD and tour. That's all I need.

HAHAHA!

That's a given pick for you my friend!

Hell I will pick that one up too!

I am actually looking forward to the new ACCEPT cd.

Unfortunately UDO will not be singing on it.

Signed,

"Princess Of The Yawn" I mean DAWN!

Isn't there a new Iron Maiden and Ozzy record in the works??

Ratt?????

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Oct 22 2009, 11:40 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 22 2009, 09:08 PM)
David Bowie- Live double CD from the "Reality Tour"

When did this happen? I didn't hear about it.

I found several links but here is one

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2009...30861253921237/

It is basically just the audio from the DVD that came out a few years ago........But that was a great DVD, and I would like to have that on my iPod.....I will be picking it up.

unlikely a new Dream Theater album will come out in 2010. Probably 2011 based on their cycle of album releases. Some official bootlegs and a live cd/dvd perhaps.

I got a list of 30 or so titles/bands already

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/SoundscapeMN/2010_anticipation

Orphaned Land - The Neverending Way of ORwarriOR

Lehto & Wright

In Vain - Mantra

Demians

Apes and Androids

Pat Metheny

Agalloch

Margot & the Nuclear So & So's

Jimmy Gnecco

Menomena

Neverending White Lights - Act III

Pain of Salvation - Road Salt

Midlake - The Courage of Others

Oceansize

Warpaint (debut album)

House of Fools

Minus the Bear

Fates Warning

Tangled Thoughts of Leaving (debut album)

Kaura

Arsis - Starve for the Devil

uneXpect

Fair to Midland

Subterranean Masquerade - In Pastille Colors

Coheed and Cambria

Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol 3

Immortal Technique - The Middle Passage

Dark Tranquility

Cynic

Between Two Skies (debut album)

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 23 2009, 02:59 AM)
I dont really have anything specific but I have no idea how 2010 will top 2009 in Music... 2009 has been an amazing year, with some releases still to come!

+1

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 23 2009, 06:26 AM)
I dont really have anything specific but I have no idea how 2010 will top 2009 in Music... 2009 has been an amazing year, with some releases still to come!

+1

Some people truly do live in different worlds than I do. I own maybe 8-10 cd's from this entire decade, if that. I'm not saying right/wrong or better/worse, because everyone should enjoy what they enjoy - I just find it all very interesting. My head is still stuck in the past, but you probably already knew that. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 23 2009, 08:39 AM)

+1

Some people truly do live in different worlds than I do. I own maybe 8-10 cd's from this entire decade, if that. I'm not saying right/wrong or better/worse, because everyone should enjoy what they enjoy - I just find it all very interesting. My head is still stuck in the past, but you probably already knew that. tongue.gif

Goober, youre a Dinasouar! Get with it man! wink.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 23 2009, 12:30 AM)
QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Oct 22 2009, 10:20 PM)
Easy.  New Bad Religion CD and tour.  That's all I need.

HAHAHA!

That's a given pick for you my friend!

Hell I will pick that one up too!

I am actually looking forward to the new ACCEPT cd.

Unfortunately UDO will not be singing on it.

Signed,

"Princess Of The Yawn" I mean DAWN!

Isn't there a new Iron Maiden and Ozzy record in the works??

Ratt?????

Ratt!! come on dude! nooooooo! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Oct 23 2009, 06:43 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 23 2009, 08:39 AM)

+1

Goober, youre a Dinasouar! Get with it man! wink.gif

I'm as with it as I'm gonna get. tongue.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 23 2009, 01:59 AM)

yeah.......... There are still a few 09 releases I need to get....... Octahedron, The Resisitance, Anno Domini High Definition, The Whirlwind, and the New Glass Hammer album........

But there is alot of goodness coming out next year as well.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 23 2009, 10:44 AM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 23 2009, 01:59 AM)

yeah.......... There are still a few 09 releases I need to get....... Octahedron, The Resisitance, Anno Domini High Definition, The Whirlwind, and the New Glass Hammer album........

New BTBAM next week too! 1022.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 23 2009, 09:39 AM)
Some people truly do live in different worlds than I do. I own maybe 8-10 cd's from this entire decade, if that.

+1

There is SOOOOO little that appeals to me today, versus when I was growing up in the 80s, I couldn't buy enough tapes/CDs.

Amazing how times have changed in the last 20 years.

OLD MUSIC GOOD NEW MUSIC BAD 1022.gif

Now that we've got that out of the way, the three records that I know of are Coldplay's fourth record, My Chemical Romance's fourth album, and Radiohead's eighth LP. The one that's closest to completion, as far as I know, is MyChem's record, but I have no clue as to when it will be released.

There's also some slight possibility of a new Big and Rich record; however, this is probably me just hoping they'll get in the studio and put out a new record. I'm kinda bummed out that they haven't put out a proper album in over two years, that all they've done is release a mere four songs - especially when those four songs are under par.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 23 2009, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 23 2009, 09:39 AM)
Some people truly do live in different worlds than I do.  I own maybe 8-10 cd's from this entire decade, if that.

+1

There is SOOOOO little that appeals to me today, versus when I was growing up in the 80s, I couldn't buy enough tapes/CDs.

Amazing how times have changed in the last 20 years.

Yeah, i know exactly what you guys mean. I think back in the 70s and 80s, the great bands got more airplay. You really have to dig nowadays and network with other music fans to keep up with any stuff thats good. I wouldnt know about Porcupine Tree if all i listened to was local radio. Sadly, its all way to formated now.

Tangy says fight old age by listening to new music!

Metal is the musical fountain of youth! 1022.gif

Music is a constant. As much great music is being made as ever.

In some ways it easier to find killer new groups than ever. We used to be slaves to radio for new material now its a click away. Seek and you shall find the goods..........

The thing is that there IS good music today.......ALOT of it........ but you old codgers had it lucky back in the 70s.............. The good music (Floyd, Genesis, Rush...etc) Was OUT THERE and widley known........

Today you have to LOOK for the good music.........there is still good music being made.

Archived