Why Are Rush So Secretive???

presto123

Rush is secretive because they have ALWAYS been that way.

NEVER do I recall Rush going out of their way to promote themselves.

They are comfortable being who they are, and when fans no longer crave their music, I think they'll hang it up. Well at least as far as new music is concerned.

I don't think the guys crave attention...so there isn't the plea for it.

I also think they have a ton of hobbies, and would rather be doing other things that give constant updates.

yeah I think at this point in their career, the band is really secondary to them. They don't consider it a priority. I can't blame them either... they could easily call it quits right now and live out the rest of their lives very comfortably. They'll get going again soon though... they always do.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 20 2009, 06:38 AM)
I'm kind of glad they don't post frequent updates, as it would be discouraging. When we DO hear an update from them regarding the state of their music, we know it means something.

Otherwise it would be:

July 1st - we continue to recover from our last tour and have no idea when we'll record again.

August 1st - we continue to recover from our last tour and have no idea when we'll record again.

September 1st - we continue to recover from our last tour and have no idea when we'll record again.

October 1st - while we continue to recover from our last tour and have no idea when we'll record again, one day last week one of us thought vaguely about recording again before we reverted back to recovering from the our last tour and having no idea when we'll record again.

sarcasm.gif

Rush and Twitter......two great things that go great together! laugh.gif

Well first off when Rush was first formed we weren't exactly in the Information Age yet. This constant twenty-four hour a day six-hundred-and-four-thousand-eight-hundred seconds a week thing access to people and groups is pretty darn new.

That being said I actually think that Rush DOES cough up a lot of information to us fans. I mean anyone get the newsletter this week? For anyone who didn't already know we got updates on the Grapes Under Pressure auction, Geddy Lee short film at Toronto Film Festival where he takes us on a tour of the infamous Massey Hall and info about Alex in the movie SUCK.

On top of that we have Neil's website and Rush.com where if memory serves me correctly did have a lot of Snakes and Arrows album and tour news, progress and updates. Who remembers TOUR DATES COMING SOON what felt like just a short time ago.

Beyond that I am sure they are very well aware us nerd overlords here on TRF and RIAB share any scrap of information that we get our greasy little hands on so...

I don't think Rush are secretive at all in the way described by the original poster. Private lives? That's a whole different story.

msn_sheep.png

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 21 2009, 11:39 AM)
Well first off when Rush was first formed we weren't exactly in the Information Age yet. This constant twenty-four hour a day six-hundred-and-four-thousand-eight-hundred seconds a week thing access to people and groups is pretty darn new.

That being said I actually think that Rush DOES cough up a lot of information to us fans. I mean anyone get the newsletter this week? For anyone who didn't already know we got updates on the Grapes Under Pressure auction, Geddy Lee short film at Toronto Film Festival where he takes us on a tour of the infamous Massey Hall and info about Alex in the movie SUCK.

On top of that we have Neil's website and Rush.com where if memory serves me correctly did have a lot of Snakes and Arrows album and tour news, progress and updates. Who remembers TOUR DATES COMING SOON what felt like just a short time ago.

Beyond that I am sure they are very well aware us nerd overlords here on TRF and RIAB share any scrap of information that we get our greasy little hands on so...

I don't think Rush are secretive at all in the way described by the original poster. Private lives? That's a whole different story.

msn_sheep.png

I'm a nerd?

Good points Godeater. Well said. We do get quite a decent amount of information about what Rush are doing. From individual projects to recording and tour info when it's available.

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 21 2009, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 21 2009, 11:39 AM)
Well first off when Rush was first formed we weren't exactly in the Information Age yet.  This constant twenty-four hour a day six-hundred-and-four-thousand-eight-hundred seconds a week thing access to people and groups is pretty darn new.

That being said I actually think that Rush DOES cough up a lot of information to us fans.  I mean anyone get the newsletter this week?  For anyone who didn't already know we got updates on the Grapes Under Pressure auction, Geddy Lee short film at Toronto Film Festival where he takes us on a tour of the infamous Massey Hall and info about Alex in the movie SUCK.

On top of that we have Neil's website and Rush.com where if memory serves me correctly did have a lot of Snakes and Arrows album and tour news, progress and updates.  Who remembers TOUR DATES COMING SOON what felt like just a short time ago.

I don't think Rush are secretive at all in the way described by the original poster.  Private lives?  That's a whole different story.

msn_sheep.png

I'm a nerd?

Good points Godeater. Well said. We do get quite a decent amount of information about what Rush are doing. From individual projects to recording and tour info when it's available.

Yes, you're a nerd! biggrin.gif It amazes me how many fans are surprised when labeled " 2.gif Nerds"... For the longest time Rush was "that Sci-Fi/Rock Opera band", and therefor us fans were looked upon as a bunch of sci-fi, trekkie, dork, D&D playing cult-followers (which alot of us were, and still are! laugh.gif ). wacko.gif Most people don't realize that a huge number of Rush fans are musicians, and not necessarily sci-fi fans at all.

But let's not let the facts get in the way of a good stereotype... rofl3.gif

i never understood the nerd concept. i've seen "nerds" at almost every concert by any group i've been to. so it's more "cool" to be at an iron maiden concert? i've seen tons of nerds at maiden shows. i used to like iron maiden up to 7th son when i was younger but i honestly can't stomach 90% of their stuff anymore. ummm, not sure what that has to do with anything. just babbling. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Sep 21 2009, 03:07 AM)
My thoughts:

What I do is my business. I feel no need to broadcast to the world what the hell I'm doing.

That was almost as boring as Rush wink.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 21 2009, 01:48 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 21 2009, 03:03 PM)
I'm a nerd?

Nerdy nerdy nerdlinger you!

I've always embraced my nerdness.

First, I think my nerd status here needs a modifier: I'm a RUSH nerd.

And I'm female.

A female Rush nerd.

I'm a rare breed of nerd.

The fact that I thought my nerd status needed a "modifier" totally screams nerd. Damn. I'm in deep.

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 21 2009, 04:56 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 21 2009, 01:48 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 21 2009, 03:03 PM)
I'm a nerd?

Nerdy nerdy nerdlinger you!

I've always embraced my nerdness.

First, I think my nerd status here needs a modifier: I'm a RUSH nerd.

And I'm female.

A female Rush nerd.

I'm a rare breed of nerd.

The fact that I thought my nerd status needed a "modifier" totally screams nerd. Damn. I'm in deep.

Janie honey...back away from the keyboard.

go have that kid already, he's messing with your head wacko.gif

Archived