The Best Albums Of 2009

theworkingman

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Aug 19 2009, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE (MCM @ Aug 20 2009, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (PhilsFriendMatt @ Aug 18 2009, 10:00 PM)
Nickelbacks album may have been the reason 08 was a bad year. Anyway the top album I have so far this year if Franz Ferdinands new album. It's pretty good, I like the self titled debut more, but not bad. I am looking forward to Pearl Jams new album though.

Yes, I try and keep the Nickelback thing under wraps but I just can't help but like them. I've been wanting to get that Franz Ferdinand but I loved the last one so much I'm afraid to be disappointed so I havent got it yet. I had/have high hopes for them but you never know with the sophmore album.

Seeing as this is the third, you shouldn't have any reason to worry about it because of the second album syndrome wink.gif

Really, I wonder if the one I have is the first or the second, I'll have to look and then I'll have to buy this newest one. I should pay closer attention.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Aug 20 2009, 06:39 PM)
Lynyrd Skynyrd- Gods and Guns. Hasn't come out yet but is gonna be the best album of 09.

How could they have a new album coming out when the entire band died in a plane crash 30+ years ago? Or is it one of those things where somebody who, like, sat in with them once is touring under the name?

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 19 2009, 03:52 PM)
Link
The top ten for Prog releases this year:

1. Maudlin Of The Well - Part The Second
2. Riverside - Anno Domini High Definition
3. Phideaux - Number Seven
4. The Dear Hunter - Act III: Life and Death
5. Martigan - Vision
6. The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love
7. IQ - Frequency
8. Mastodon - Crack the Skye
9. Nemo - Barbares
10. Gazpacho - Tick Tock

The new Riverside kicks some serious ass. 1022.gif

A new Riverside cd????? Are you kidding me?

I love that band.

"Know" wonder I belong to this Forum. wink.gif

I think the new PT album will take the cake. Isn't it nice to predict the winner of the year before even hearing the album?

Signed,

Gavin Harrison Ford

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Aug 21 2009, 12:40 AM)
The Incident by Porcupine Tree is going to defeat ALL

laugh.gif

I've got my fingers crossed for this. yes.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 21 2009, 01:26 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 19 2009, 03:52 PM)
Link
The top ten for Prog releases this year:

1. Maudlin Of The Well - Part The Second
2. Riverside - Anno Domini High Definition 
3. Phideaux - Number Seven
4. The Dear Hunter - Act III: Life and Death
5. Martigan - Vision
6. The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love
7. IQ - Frequency
8. Mastodon - Crack the Skye
9. Nemo - Barbares
10. Gazpacho - Tick Tock

The new Riverside kicks some serious ass.  1022.gif

A new Riverside cd????? Are you kidding me?

I love that band.

"Know" wonder I belong to this Forum. wink.gif

I think the new PT album will take the cake. Isn't it nice to predict the winner of the year before even hearing the album?

Signed,

Gavin Harrison Ford

Dude, (from another thread)

Indukti - S.U.S.A.R.

It's awesome! And the vocalist from Riverside sings a couple songs.

You will not be disappointed. Check the songs out on Last.FM

http://www.last.fm/music/Indukti/S.U.S.A.R./Cold+Inside...+I

http://www.last.fm/music/Indukti/_/Shade

ohmphrey - ohmphrey

sacrifice - the ones that i condemn

jungle rot - what horrors await

kiss ??? are people serious??

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Aug 20 2009, 10:11 PM)
QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Aug 20 2009, 06:39 PM)
Lynyrd Skynyrd- Gods and Guns. Hasn't come out yet but is gonna be the best album of 09.

How could they have a new album coming out when the entire band died in a plane crash 30+ years ago? Or is it one of those things where somebody who, like, sat in with them once is touring under the name?

I think I heard the first single from this today on the radio.. I missed the DJ's intro to it but it didn't sound bad.

"Abnormally Attracted to Sin" - Tori Amos

That gets my vote for number 1.

Looking forward to the new Paramore album in September.

"brand new eyes"

QUOTE (Echoes @ Aug 22 2009, 01:02 AM)

"brand new eyes"

I'm thinking about getting the deluxe version of that record, and I've never heard anything by them (that I know of). Looks really sweet, too.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Aug 22 2009, 07:56 AM)

"brand new eyes"

I'm thinking about getting the deluxe version of that record, and I've never heard anything by them (that I know of). Looks really sweet, too.

I got the deluxe edition. It's worth every penny with that package. And if you havent heard anything, go.....NOW. haha. Listen to the album "Riot!". It's their second one. Their first one "All We Know is Falling" is good too, but Riot pwns. There's a song on Riot called "crushcrushcrush". If you're going to listen to that song, listen to the LIVE version on "The Final Riot". It's 100% better. You may be familiar with the song "Decode". It was featured in Twilight. Alright, lemme stop. I could go on for hours about how great Paramore is. haha. 1022.gif

i will wait until oct when everything is pretty much out by then. if i do it now i will just end up doing it agian

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Aug 20 2009, 12:42 AM)
so far hands down Black Clouds & Silver Linings by DREAM THEATER. Looking foraward to The Great Misdirect by BETWEEN THE BURIED & ME which comes out 10/27/2009 though!!

I'm definitely looking forward to the new Between The Buried And Me.

QUOTE (Echoes @ Aug 22 2009, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Aug 22 2009, 07:56 AM)

"brand new eyes"

I got the deluxe edition. It's worth every penny with that package. And if you havent heard anything, go.....NOW. haha. Listen to the album "Riot!". It's their second one. Their first one "All We Know is Falling" is good too, but Riot pwns. There's a song on Riot called "crushcrushcrush". If you're going to listen to that song, listen to the LIVE version on "The Final Riot". It's 100% better. You may be familiar with the song "Decode". It was featured in Twilight. Alright, lemme stop. I could go on for hours about how great Paramore is. haha. 1022.gif

Preordered the deluxe edition of brand new eyes yesterday! Can't wait until the end of September.

^^ Alright! Just so you know, Paramore is going on tour and will be in Atlanta on October 27th if you're interested in seeing them. If you got the time and the $$$, I strongly recomend it. They are so much better live than they are in the studio and it's a show PACKED with energy.

I've listened to this quite a few times now and my opinion has changed. To date, it may be the best Prog Metal out this year.

http://files.gadu-gadu.pl/003f6eef9609702e4378b9126a072636eb1fa0d3.jpg

What is it you ask?

Riverside - Anno Domini High Definition

Check out samples here, but this does not really grasp the power in the song writing and singing:

Link

Egoist Hedonist is probably one of the best tunes of the year.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 27 2009, 02:22 PM)
I've listened to this quite a few times now and my opinion has changed. To date, it may be the best Prog Metal out this year.

http://files.gadu-gadu.pl/003f6eef9609702e4378b9126a072636eb1fa0d3.jpg

What is it you ask?

Riverside - Anno Domini High Definition

Check out samples here, but this does not really grasp the power in the song writing and singing:
Link

Egoist Hedonist is probably one of the best tunes of the year.

I've yet to dip my toes....I might take you up on the recommendation.

Archived