Rush On Cmt's Crossroads?

andrew28

CMT has a program called "Crossroads" that features two artists (one a country artist, the other ????) playing each other's music together on stage (with clips of them yukking it up in between). Some pairing have included Def Leppard/Taylor Swift; Dave Matthews/Emmylou Harris; Kid Rock/Hank Williams, Jr.

I caught the episode with Def Leppard and Taylor Swift, and while I stopped listening to DL a long time ago, I enjoyed watching Taylor on screen. smile.gif

ANYWAY, even though it would never happen in a million years, what country artist would you want to see Rush perform alongside?

QUOTE (Broncos730 @ Aug 12 2009, 09:05 AM)
Any of them would be fine with me as long as they put Rush on one day and the country artist on another that way I only have to worry about setting my DVR once.

LOL. Unfortunately, that's not how it works. BOTH artist perform together (so in theory if they paired with Willie Nelson, Willie might sing a verse or two of Tom Sawyer and Geddy might sing a verse or two of On the Road Again).

QUOTE (andrew28 @ Aug 12 2009, 11:16 AM)
I could see someone like Garth Brooks doing a slowed-down "country-fied" version of Red Barchetta or Limelight.

The mere mention of that makes me feel ill.

Some songs in the Rush compendium should never, ever be recorded by anyone else. Red Barchetta and Limelight are two of those songs.

Certainly no Rush should ever, EVER be countrified. I favor the death penalty for whoever might commit such blasphemy.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 12 2009, 10:21 AM)
I could see someone like Garth Brooks doing a slowed-down "country-fied" version of Red Barchetta or Limelight.

Some songs in the Rush compendium should never, ever be recorded by anyone else. Red Barchetta and Limelight are two of those songs.

Certainly no Rush should ever, EVER be countrified. I favor the death penalty for whoever might commit such blasphemy.

I didn't say the end result would be GOOD. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 12 2009, 07:21 AM)

If only Johnny Cash were still alive!! 653.gif

troutman runs away from Mara bolt.gif

laugh.gif tongue.gif

I could see someone like Garth Brooks doing a slowed-down "country-fied" version of Red Barchetta or Limelight. And "Working Man" definitely lends itself to the blue-collar roots of country music.

Actually, according LSM, country stations had played The Larger Bowl.

Would be intersting to see, though. I have no doubts about the boys doing well with it. Maybe Brad Paisley?

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Aug 12 2009, 12:02 PM)
The one Rush song that has kind of a Country sound to it, at least in parts, is The Way the Wind Blows.

I think Cold Fire is #1 in the country-sounding category, myself. cool.gif

Tim McGraw has mentioned being a Rush fan on Larry King Live here.

KING: So you like groups like...

MCGRAW: The Eagles -- big Eagles fan. I love Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, of course. I love Phil Collins, which I guess is a little more '80s but I love those guys in Genesis. Rush. Big Rush fan. Alabama, of course, one of my all-time favorites.

Check out this other post that relates below:

Tim McGraw gave Rush some props last night, at his book signing in NYC

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 12 2009, 12:20 PM)
Rush and Slim Whitman would rock ! 1022.gif

Uh-uh. Slim will make your head explode. Oh - wait, never mind. That's Martians for whom Slim is deadly.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 12 2009, 10:17 AM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Aug 12 2009, 09:50 AM)
willie nelson

That would be very cool.

I think Roy Clark, if he's still alive, would be a good one too.

Oh yeah!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Alex, Willie, Roy and Buck Owens. 1022.gif biggrin.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif

Archived