Seinfeld!

*Limelight*

I'll duck in here and explain why I hated this show so much.

I went to college with several nearly-identical real-life versions of these people. The stereotypical Jewish-American Princess (Elaine). The mama's boy (Jerry). The slacker. And the angry nerdy Jewish mama's boy. For the most part, these people were annoying. Hence the reason I have no interest in watching a TV show featuring fictional versions of them. (I went to Emory, which despite having Methodist Church affiliation has a large Jewish student population).

No, I'm not being anti-Semitic here. I just don't find humor in the stereotype of the shrill complaining New York Jew. The few episodes of Seinfeld I did see were pretty much a whine-fest.

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 19 2009, 08:11 AM)
I'll duck in here and explain why I hated this show so much.

I went to college with several nearly-identical real-life versions of these people. The stereotypical Jewish-American Princess (Elaine). The mama's boy (Jerry). The slacker. And the angry nerdy Jewish mama's boy. For the most part, these people were annoying. Hence the reason I have no interest in watching a TV show featuring fictional versions of them. (I went to Emory, which despite having Methodist Church affiliation has a large Jewish student population.
No, I'm not being anti-Semitic here. I just don't find humor in the stereotype of the shrill complaining New York Jew. The few episodes of Seinfeld I did see were pretty much a whine-fest.

Whiny humor doesn't do it for me, either.

"So I said, 'You mean the panties your mother laid out for you?'"

"That's not offensive. It's abnormal, but it's not offensive."

Edited by GeddyRulz

I love me some Seinfeld! I watch it religously. I've seen every episode like a million times. haha. I find the humor in it extremely clever and funny and sometimes I laugh at the things most people I know dont laugh at. I'll give some examples of some of my fav things.

The scene where Puddy is sitting on the cough and Kramer calls him.

DP: "Puddy"

K: "Is David Puddy there?"

DP: "This is Puddy"

K: "Oh Puddy, this is Kramer"

DP: "I know"

rofl3.gif

(not exact, but you get the idea)

The scene where Jerry and George are on the phone with the cops in LA and Jerry keeps asking George if he knows where "the 1___ is?" And after saying no twice, George just looks at him after the third one. Then the cop comes and says "Which one of you is Costanza?" and they point at eachother.

rofl3.gif

Elaine: "You yelled at me that time at the movie theatre! THATS why you're not getting the kid!"

I could go on and on. Let me stop for now. haha.

I'm looking forward to the new season of Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm coming on next month. Seeing highlights it appears The whole Seinfield cast are going to be regulars!

QUOTE (softfilter @ Aug 22 2009, 04:20 PM)
I'm looking forward to the new season of Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm coming on next month. Seeing highlights it appears The whole Seinfield cast are going to be regulars!

The Seinfeld cast will be on this coming Sunday night episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. smile.gif bolt.gif