The Professor's Drums

MainDrag

QUOTE (druid13 @ Aug 3 2009, 03:49 PM)
BOOM
http://www.rushphotoarchive.com/concert/gadziola12_31_76/photos/2gadziola12_31_76.jpg

Wow - nice picture!

QUOTE (druid13 @ Aug 3 2009, 01:40 PM)
You guys who Higly Doubt Neil would put his name on his bass drums need to look at the ATWAS gatefold picutres alittle more carefully.....the fact the names were there ( clearly visible on my Vinyl version) is what made it MORE believable not less.

Peart took these heads off for the recording of ATWAS.....for MAssey HAll...but check the front cover...the names are there.

cool......you learn something everyday!

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 3 2009, 03:19 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 24 2009, 07:14 PM)
His name is on the bass drums, definitely something a kid would do. Nice find, although it looks too good to be legit. It could be though.

I'm guessing the winner stuck those on??? I highly doubt Neil would ever put his name on the bass drums......

Neil didn't put his own name on his drums, he put Larry Dombraski's.

QUOTE (Beatnik @ Aug 3 2009, 03:36 PM)
Putting your name on your kicks was a  popular thing to do back in the day, Carmine Appice and Cozy Powell come to mind. I believe the kit in the Fly By Night video was a rental (he had three floor toms set up)

Look here and you will see the squares on the heads where his name was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN4wIpDABUU

Cool auction and I would go with legit.

I just read through this post... at first skeptical but fully convinced of their legitimacy. If I only had $10,000+ to spend on this piece of rock history. Great video of Anthem!

QUOTE (Bawoo @ Aug 3 2009, 09:16 PM)
As to the concert toms, Neil always used Ludwig silver dots on those, up to the Tama kits where he started using Remo black dots.

Not true. He still used Silver Dots on the concert toms with the mahogony Tamas.

Up to $10,100 now. . .

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Aug 5 2009, 01:32 AM)
QUOTE (Bawoo @ Aug 3 2009, 09:16 PM)
As to the concert toms, Neil always used Ludwig silver dots on those, up to the Tama kits where he started using Remo black dots.

Not true. He still used Silver Dots on the concert toms with the mahogony Tamas.

You might be right about that, but I seem to remember black dots on the Exit Stage Left video (maybe silver still on Permanent waves...?). But in any case they were always dots. smile.gif

QUOTE (PaulC2112 @ Aug 9 2009, 09:44 PM)
Rush is a band reports:

"Neil Peart's original Slingerland drum kit sold on eBay for $25,100"

http://www.rushisaband.com/display.php?id=1923

NeilFinal.gif

Hopefully we get to find out who won. . .

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 9 2009, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (PaulC2112 @ Aug 9 2009, 09:44 PM)
Rush is a band reports:

"Neil Peart's original Slingerland drum kit sold on eBay for $25,100"

http://www.rushisaband.com/display.php?id=1923

NeilFinal.gif

Hopefully we get to find out who won. . .

I'll tell you after I get the money sent off from the bank tomorrow. biggrin.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Aug 10 2009, 02:21 AM)
Here's the Bid History

ebay

gotta love that $2112 bid! laugh.gif

Edited by MMCXII

QUOTE (Bawoo @ Aug 9 2009, 09:22 PM)
Wow, you bought them! Much too rich for my blood, I'd have gone to about 13K maybe. smile.gif I'm very glad that they went to a true fan!

No, not me ... I was just joshing. laugh.gif

But, I am handling a lot of things for the winner to protect his anonymity.

I can say this much ... they will not be hidden away in the basement or storage. Keep an eye out around here in the next week or two for a cool announcement about the kit and where you will be able to see it up close.

There are some other things going down with it to that you as a fan will really like. Think Indy in November. ohmy.gif

RUSH On!

-Michael

That's great that the winner plans to share a little with the fans, instead of just stashing them in his basement!

That would be great if it went to Indy, not far from Michigan and I would make the trip to go down and visit.

Maybe even a TRF Pre-drum kit viewing party???? smile.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 11 2009, 08:24 PM)
I wasn't aware his toms didn't match at that time. It would be hard to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt if this is authentic.
Thanks for sharing! bekloppt.gif

I think there is a copy of a letter of authenticity from Neil that the original winner of it has. This would not be easy to duplicate with so much detail.

I think we can put the authenticity thing to bed. Way to much discussion on and off this board on that subject. They were Neil's drums.

I just have a comment re: the inference that a "collector" would only stash this drum set away in his / her basement so they and they alone could view it.

I have no idea who the winning bidder was. I was in there in a serious way near the end. As a collector, I had every intention of "sharing" the set. It would have been a good reason for my first attendance at Rushcon and I also intended to loan it to the Toronto Hard Rock or some other venue. I can't imagine it sitting in my basement gathering dust. Just to say that it isn't like this kit has been rescued from obscurity by some white knight. Can't wait to see it in person some day - 30 + years after I last viewed it up on a stage.