The Beatles' Remastered Discography

The box set has been on top of the NAD since Sep 10th, it just delivers and delivers.

Long, Long, Long...George's finest 3 minutes? Any takers?

It was always a great tune, but the bass and drums now jump out of the speakers, and the little acoustic strumming is so clear. Beautiful.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Dec 29 2009, 01:51 PM)
The box set has been on top of the NAD since Sep 10th, it just delivers and delivers.
Long, Long, Long...George's finest 3 minutes? Any takers?

It was always a great tune, but the bass and drums now jump out of the speakers, and the little acoustic strumming is so clear. Beautiful.

"Long Long Long" is sublime pleasure. It captures its intended mood perfectly. Yes, it's one of George's best. Oh yeah, Ringo is a pretty good drummer.

Giving my first truly proper listen to these (I've listened to a few of them already but only on crappy built in laptop speakers). I'm just finishing the White Album and have gone through Revolver and Abbey Road. I have Sgt. Pepper queued up next but after listening to those few albums, I can tell that these are truly incredible.

I got Revolver for x-mas and have listened to it a lot since . I forgot half the songs on it, my vinyl copy is in a box somewhere

I have finally made it through all the CDs in the Box.......

Holy shit! Its like seeing the Mona Lisa for the first time from a foot away after spending a decade looking at it through a dingy window from 15 yards away.

WOW!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 28 2009, 08:12 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Dec 28 2009, 09:08 PM)
I've heard all the songs they play on the radio, but that's it. So yes, when it comes to their albums I'm a Beatles n00b.

You're in for a treat, IMO.

Oh, man.

That reminds me of my first Sgt. Pepper experience. I popped it in fresh. I was driving home with my mom and brother. We just listened to it until the "A Day In The Life" fadeout.

"Let it play through again," I said. biggrin.gif

That February I listened to the CD almost everyday. It was a ritual. I wore the booklet out, that's for damned sure.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 11 2009, 02:13 PM)
QUOTE (job @ Sep 11 2009, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 11 2009, 01:34 PM)
I'm MORE a fan of Rubber Soul onward...

This is exactly how I have always felt, HOWEVER, the new warmth, depth and fullness applied to even the earliest work has me positively mesmerized.

Regarding RS & on: The White Album and Abbey Road are especially improved by the spectacular remastering.

And finally, my favorite Fab Four song is "For No One". I bought the box, got into the car, and played it first. What a joy it was to hear it in this form, with Paul's bassline fully audible!

Then I'm even MORE stoked to start with the early stuff.

Sadly the only pre-RS album I have is the debut, Please Please Me...and I love it. Just never got around to With The Beatles, Help, Beatles For Sale, etc....(and yet I probably know 3/4 of the songs just the same).

I'm reading this Beatles book by their former sound engineer and it's really got me revisiting their earliest facts:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51bUbfn1agL._SS500_.jpg

Nice book. Well-written and stuffed with interesting facts.

Sorry for the double post.

Edited by Turn Me On Dead Man

Still haven't listened to all of the records. Sounds like a good summer project.

It took me over a year to listen to the full stereo box set. Each time I put in a different CD I was blown away. I'd get stuck on a single CD for at least a month because each time I listened to it, I'd find something new that I didn't hear before. Such a wonderful set. Worth every penny, in my opinion.

Revolver is my favorite Beatles album. The new remastered version was practically attached to my hip for several months. I played it everywhere I went. At home, in my car, at work. It didn't matter. I was mesmerized.

I also quite enjoyed the Magical Mystery Tour CD. "Baby, You're a Rich Man" made my jaw hit the floor! Paul's bass sounds so f***ing good! Everything sounds so much fatter. Love it!

My mono set sits less than a yard away from me as I type this. It is still unopened. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Jan 29 2012, 12:09 PM)
My mono set sits less than a yard away from me as I type this. It is still unopened. ph34r.gif

I completely agree with you about the stereo boxed set.

But, I will say this,

if the stereo blew you away, just wait until you get into the mono boxed set.

I don't even have the words to type to explain just how amazing the sound is.

Have fun!

http://beatlesboxsets.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/New-Beatles-Box-Set-Mono-Edition1.jpg

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jan 29 2012, 07:52 PM)
My mono set sits less than a yard away from me as I type this.  It is still unopened.  ph34r.gif

But, I will say this,

Have fun!

http://beatlesboxsets.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/New-Beatles-Box-Set-Mono-Edition1.jpg

Ive heard form many the mono is better.

I don't know if I can say if the mono is better or the stereo. There are several differences in the mono mix, some quite different indeed. If you have the means I would recommend both for comparison. It's hard to find a better listening experience.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jan 30 2012, 01:52 PM)
My mono set sits less than a yard away from me as I type this.  It is still unopened.  ph34r.gif

But, I will say this,

Have fun!

On the backburner.