Your fave Steve Vai album?

Steevo

I'm just about to flick off Passion & Warfare and while nowhere near perfect, I still think it has the best of his entire output contained in there. And yes Presto, before you ask, I have listened to ALL of his albums laugh.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ May 28 2009, 06:11 AM)
I'm just about to flick off Passion & Warfare and while nowhere near perfect, I still think it has the best of his entire output contained in there. And yes Presto, before you ask, I have listened to ALL of his albums laugh.gif

tongue.gif LOL. Doesn't much matter to me. NOT a Vai fan I'm afraid.

Passion and Warfare was his best overall album, IMO.

But i love his Flexable period for its Zappa influence. some cool tunes there and it shows his complete strange approach to the guitar.

Alien Love Secrets is also great.

I think his best " rock" playing was on the first Roth solo piece. Just over the top.

I remember buying Flexable years ago on cassette. It was an interesting album, even though it sounded as if it were recorded in his bedroom closet.

I still think his best work can be found on the "Crossroads" soundtrack.

His cameo performance was pretty good too.

The only one I know of is Passion and Warfare...I bought it when it came out...just too much shredding, no riffage....ya gotta have riffage to be regular.

passion and warfare! bought it when it first came out.

Alive in the ultra world is pretty tasty too.

Sound Theories 1 & 2 is the shit too. best ever rock/symphony project by a long shot IMO.

the first part of Fire Garden is amazing too particulary the fire garden suite!

Archived