Star Wars Ep. I - 10 years later

Presto-digitation

Just bought this Weird Al CD at a garage sale on Saturday.

"The Saga Begins" (sung to the tune of "American Pie") -

A long, long time ago

In a galaxy far away

Naboo was under an attack

And I find me and Qui-Gon Jinn

Could talk the federation in

To maybe cutting them a little slack

But their response, it didn't thrill us

They locked the doors and tried to kill us

We escaped from that gas

Then met Jar Jar and Boss Nass

We took a bongo from the scene

And we went to Theed to see the Queen

We all wound up on Tatooine

That's where we found this boy

Oh

My my this here Anakin guy

Maybe Vader someday later

Now he's just a small fry

He left his home

And kissed his mommy goodbye

Sayin' "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi"

"Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi"

Did you know this junkyard slave

Isn't even old enough to shave

But he can use the Force, they say

Ahh, do you see him hitting on the queen

Though he's just nine and she's fourteen

Yeah, he's probably gonna marry her someday

Well, I know he built C-3PO

And I've heard how fast his pod can go

And we were broke, it's true

So we made a wager or two

He was a prepubescent flyin' ace

And the minute Jabba started off that race

Well, I knew who would win first place

Oh yes, it was our boy

We started singin'

And he left his home

Now we finally got to Coruscant

The Jedi Council we knew would want

To see how good the boy could be

So we took him there and we told the tale

How his midi-chlorians were off the scale

And he might fulfill that prophecy

Oh the Council was impressed of course

Could he bring balance to the Force?

They interviewed the kid

Oh, training they forbid

Because Yoda sensed in him much fear

And Qui-Gon said "Now listen here"

"Just stick it in your pointy ear"

"I still will teach this boy"

He was singin'

And he left his home

We caught a ride back to Naboo

'Cause Queen Amidala wanted to

I frankly would've liked to stay

We all fought in that epic war

And it wasn't long at all before

Little hotshot flew his plane and saved the day

And in the end some Gungans died

Some ships blew up and some pilots fried

A lot of folks were croakin'

The battle droids were broken

And the Jedi I admire most

Met up with Darth Maul and now he's toast

Well, I'm still here and he's a ghost

I guess I'll train this boy

And I was singin'

And he left his home

We were singin'

And he left his home

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA!!

laugh.gif

For me being the Star Wars fan that I am. All three of the new movies paled in compairison to the original 3. I was such a Star Wars nut growing up that I actually watched those Ewok movies along with all the Star Wars movies. I also had Star Wars action figures! biggrin.gif

Gary how could you not have liked the Ewoks?!! They were much less annoying then that Dumbass Jar Jar.

I think the acting was 100 times better in the original trilogy asside from Qui-Gon and Obi-Won because I think they did a fairly decent job with their roles. But I think Episode I was the weakest movie.. the best scene is the Pod Race because there is very little dialogue and lots of action. yes.gif

It still stinks, I hate to say. The original 3 were 1000 times better and I won't ever change my mind.

The 3rd new one was OKAY, that's it! laugh.gif

I grew up with both trilogies. I watched the original trilogy on cassette (my dad got the VHS set in 1997 with all three movies - still have it!), and got the new ones as they came out. All six are definitely some of my favorite movies.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 8 2009, 10:24 AM)
I grew up with both trilogies. I watched the original trilogy on cassette (my dad got the VHS set in 1997 with all three movies - still have it!), and got the new ones as they came out. All six are definitely some of my favorite movies.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 26 2009, 12:11 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 26 2009, 01:09 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 26 2009, 02:04 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 26 2009, 12:57 PM)
I fell asleep during The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones was barely bearable and Revenge of the Sith is, well, a pile of sith!

I enjoyed the original Star Wars films because they were FUN.  Lucas proved himself a horrible director with the prequels.  As films they lack everything that made the originals as appealing as they are.

Twice Lucas has been nominated as Best Director (in addition to twice being nominated for screenwriting), so while the prequels may not be his best work, I don't think it proves he's a crappy director anymore than 1941 or Youth Without Youth suggests that Spielberg and Coppola are horrible directors.

Hey, three bad ones in row, he struck out! wink.gif

Coppola:

Rumble Fish

The Cotton Club

Captain EO

Spielberg:

Catch Me If You Can

The Terminal

War Of The Worlds

...all in suc(k)cession. smile.gif

Catch me if you can is a great movie........

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 9 2009, 10:43 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 26 2009, 12:11 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 26 2009, 01:09 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 26 2009, 02:04 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 26 2009, 12:57 PM)
I fell asleep during The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones was barely bearable and Revenge of the Sith is, well, a pile of sith!

I enjoyed the original Star Wars films because they were FUN.  Lucas proved himself a horrible director with the prequels.  As films they lack everything that made the originals as appealing as they are.

Twice Lucas has been nominated as Best Director (in addition to twice being nominated for screenwriting), so while the prequels may not be his best work, I don't think it proves he's a crappy director anymore than 1941 or Youth Without Youth suggests that Spielberg and Coppola are horrible directors.

Hey, three bad ones in row, he struck out! wink.gif

Coppola:

Rumble Fish

The Cotton Club

Captain EO

Spielberg:

Catch Me If You Can

The Terminal

War Of The Worlds

...all in suc(k)cession. smile.gif

Catch me if you can is a great movie........

I like that one too. Agree with the rest, though I never saw "Captain EO."

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 26 2009, 03:56 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 26 2009, 02:46 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 26 2009, 02:00 PM)
Easily the worst of the OT and, in fact, Jedi is my least favorite of all six....although it has some incredible (!) moments, both action-wise and emotionally. 

I'm probably in a minority, especially among the "darker is cooler" crowd, but I like RoTJ better than ESB. The lightsaber duels in both are very good, and I'll call those a wash. But I was somewhat disappointed (at 12-years-old!) when ESB first hit theatres. Sure, I liked Yoda and the "I'm you're father" drama (and, of course, the duel), but little else. The pacing is wrong. I don't care about the Battle in the Snow or even the Chase Through the Asteroids, really. And the film looked different than SW; it almost cheapened the SW Universe as I imagined it. Something was out of whack. (I partially blame the absence of talented film editors Marcia Lucas and Richard Chew, who'd taken all the crappy footage George shot and helped turn it into the visual miracle of 1977's "Star Wars.")

RoTJ I liked very much. It wrapped-up the Skywalker Family Drama... although suddenly throwing Leia into the mix seemed like overkill; going in, we were still unsure whether Darth Vader was telling the truth about this "father" business, and now suddenly another major character is also a Skywalker??? But the action was great, right from the start. The fight on the sailbarge was terrific, especially that business of Luke jumping off the gangplank, flipping back up, and catching the lightsaber launched by Artoo. Great! And we'd no sooner caught our breath from watching that action sequence when we were blessed with the high-speed bike chase. Bonus! (The Ewoks, like Jar-Jar, are almost forgivable. Lucas has done this in each of the films: added a cutesy little character or animal species for the adoration of the littlest viewers. It's like in Disney films, where there'll be a talking cricket or mouse or teacup or something.)

The Ewoks were never a concern of mine, quite honestly. I think that's the most overbashed thing in the whole canon.

I just hated that it was so tidy and predictable. Kill Solo (as both Harrison Ford and Lawrence Kasdan suggested to Lucas) and use something other than "another" Death Star (for Godsake, at least change the shape) as a recycled plot element and the movie would go way up in my estimation.

Not that I have much to complain about given that I enjoy the prequels tongue.gif but the acting in Jedi is pretty abysmal compared to SW and Empire. Fisher is coked out of her gourd and it shows...Ford does fine, but has little to do in this film overall. The best acting comes in the sequence between Vader, Luke and The Emperor.

The space battle is unprecedented and still probably the best of the entire lot of them.

However I'll still take the Vader/Luke duel in Empire over the one in Jedi. The best part about Jedi's duel isn't the action so much as it is the emotion behind Luke's aggression at the end. That's what makes that sequence....the "I'm a Jedi, like my father before me." Awesome.

I think I agree with this entire post. I went through a phase where I read most of the Star Wars books, and I think there are enough good stories there (the franchise is past prime by now to say the least, but Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy is film-worthy) that I'm glad Han Solo survived, but every time I watch Jedi I have to concede it would have been a far more powerful film cinematically if he hadn't survived it. It would have been a perfect end to his character's arc introduced in the 1977 film if he ended up sacrificing himself to save the Rebellion. And the Death Star redux always seemed a little bit cheap to me. Why couldn't the Emperor have been given a cool new type of Star Destroyer instead, and the "let's destroy the Death Star again" mission been reworked as a "let's assassinate the Emperor on one of his rare visits to Wild Space" mission? Or something?

Anyway, Phantom Menace isn't my favorite, but Liam Neeson's character was instantly sympathetic and likable (and I do think Clones suffered for his lack of presence) and the sense of adventure was entirely undiminished. Lucas should have either cut Jar Jar Binks completely or treated him as either a once-off gag or a quiet side character. The casting of Anakin Skywalker was downright lazy. A bit more could have been done to make the Trade Federation aliens remotely on the side of intimidating. But the three-way lightsaber duel, the Podrace sequence, and even the opening scene where the Jedi have to fight their way off the Trade Federation command ship are just as good as any action sequence from the original trilogy.

Clones was terrible. I would say that better casting for Anakin again and better dialogue for Amidala could have salvaged it, but the fact is, the script was terrible and the CGI dominated the film. The only really interesting part of the movie was Obi-Wan's visit to Kamino and his battle with the bounty hunter in the planet ring. Particularly wretched moments aside from the much-bemoaned scenes of Anakin and Padme on Naboo included the half-baked "assassin" subplot in the first hour of the film, C-3PO cracking bad jokes during the arena fight sequence, and Anakin screaming his lungs out after Padme takes a tumble out of the transport when the Jedi are chasing Christopher Lee.

And Revenge of the Sith was probably the best of the sequels, but it still suffered from Natalie Portman's failure to do much with her pitiful lines, Hayden Christensen being an absolutely awful actor, and Lucas having more CGI fun with the abruptly introduced and totally one-dimensional General Grievous villain character. Come on...General Grievous!? Ewan McGregor, Ian McDiarmid, and (surprisingly enough) Samuel L. Jackson were utterly scene-stealing and should be held responsible for the movie actually being pretty watchable.

I think the Lucas mystique really hampered the prequel trilogy. When he was just a young upstart struggling to stay within his budget working out of warehouses in California, his editors, actors, and consultants weren't afraid to say "no" to him. He was a hero to most of the people who worked with him on the prequels, and they didn't dare question his overuse of CGI, the Jar Jar character, his casting decisions for Anakin (twice!) and Amidala, some of the hideous "romantic" dialogue he came up with, the name General Grievous...and so, they suffered from dramatic under-editing and poor development. Which is really a shame, because there were some really great moments and characters even in Clones (okay, maybe only one great moment in Clones).

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jun 10 2009, 05:08 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 26 2009, 03:56 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 26 2009, 02:46 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 26 2009, 02:00 PM)
Easily the worst of the OT and, in fact, Jedi is my least favorite of all six....although it has some incredible (!) moments, both action-wise and emotionally. 

I'm probably in a minority, especially among the "darker is cooler" crowd, but I like RoTJ better than ESB. The lightsaber duels in both are very good, and I'll call those a wash. But I was somewhat disappointed (at 12-years-old!) when ESB first hit theatres. Sure, I liked Yoda and the "I'm you're father" drama (and, of course, the duel), but little else. The pacing is wrong. I don't care about the Battle in the Snow or even the Chase Through the Asteroids, really. And the film looked different than SW; it almost cheapened the SW Universe as I imagined it. Something was out of whack. (I partially blame the absence of talented film editors Marcia Lucas and Richard Chew, who'd taken all the crappy footage George shot and helped turn it into the visual miracle of 1977's "Star Wars.")

RoTJ I liked very much. It wrapped-up the Skywalker Family Drama... although suddenly throwing Leia into the mix seemed like overkill; going in, we were still unsure whether Darth Vader was telling the truth about this "father" business, and now suddenly another major character is also a Skywalker??? But the action was great, right from the start. The fight on the sailbarge was terrific, especially that business of Luke jumping off the gangplank, flipping back up, and catching the lightsaber launched by Artoo. Great! And we'd no sooner caught our breath from watching that action sequence when we were blessed with the high-speed bike chase. Bonus! (The Ewoks, like Jar-Jar, are almost forgivable. Lucas has done this in each of the films: added a cutesy little character or animal species for the adoration of the littlest viewers. It's like in Disney films, where there'll be a talking cricket or mouse or teacup or something.)

The Ewoks were never a concern of mine, quite honestly. I think that's the most overbashed thing in the whole canon.

I just hated that it was so tidy and predictable. Kill Solo (as both Harrison Ford and Lawrence Kasdan suggested to Lucas) and use something other than "another" Death Star (for Godsake, at least change the shape) as a recycled plot element and the movie would go way up in my estimation.

Not that I have much to complain about given that I enjoy the prequels tongue.gif but the acting in Jedi is pretty abysmal compared to SW and Empire. Fisher is coked out of her gourd and it shows...Ford does fine, but has little to do in this film overall. The best acting comes in the sequence between Vader, Luke and The Emperor.

The space battle is unprecedented and still probably the best of the entire lot of them.

However I'll still take the Vader/Luke duel in Empire over the one in Jedi. The best part about Jedi's duel isn't the action so much as it is the emotion behind Luke's aggression at the end. That's what makes that sequence....the "I'm a Jedi, like my father before me." Awesome.

I think I agree with this entire post. I went through a phase where I read most of the Star Wars books, and I think there are enough good stories there (the franchise is past prime by now to say the least, but Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy is film-worthy) that I'm glad Han Solo survived, but every time I watch Jedi I have to concede it would have been a far more powerful film cinematically if he hadn't survived it. It would have been a perfect end to his character's arc introduced in the 1977 film if he ended up sacrificing himself to save the Rebellion. And the Death Star redux always seemed a little bit cheap to me. Why couldn't the Emperor have been given a cool new type of Star Destroyer instead, and the "let's destroy the Death Star again" mission been reworked as a "let's assassinate the Emperor on one of his rare visits to Wild Space" mission? Or something?

Anyway, Phantom Menace isn't my favorite, but Liam Neeson's character was instantly sympathetic and likable (and I do think Clones suffered for his lack of presence) and the sense of adventure was entirely undiminished. Lucas should have either cut Jar Jar Binks completely or treated him as either a once-off gag or a quiet side character. The casting of Anakin Skywalker was downright lazy. A bit more could have been done to make the Trade Federation aliens remotely on the side of intimidating. But the three-way lightsaber duel, the Podrace sequence, and even the opening scene where the Jedi have to fight their way off the Trade Federation command ship are just as good as any action sequence from the original trilogy.

Clones was terrible. I would say that better casting for Anakin again and better dialogue for Amidala could have salvaged it, but the fact is, the script was terrible and the CGI dominated the film. The only really interesting part of the movie was Obi-Wan's visit to Kamino and his battle with the bounty hunter in the planet ring. Particularly wretched moments aside from the much-bemoaned scenes of Anakin and Padme on Naboo included the half-baked "assassin" subplot in the first hour of the film, C-3PO cracking bad jokes during the arena fight sequence, and Anakin screaming his lungs out after Padme takes a tumble out of the transport when the Jedi are chasing Christopher Lee.

And Revenge of the Sith was probably the best of the sequels, but it still suffered from Natalie Portman's failure to do much with her pitiful lines, Hayden Christensen being an absolutely awful actor, and Lucas having more CGI fun with the abruptly introduced and totally one-dimensional General Grievous villain character. Come on...General Grievous!? Ewan McGregor, Ian McDiarmid, and (surprisingly enough) Samuel L. Jackson were utterly scene-stealing and should be held responsible for the movie actually being pretty watchable.

I think the Lucas mystique really hampered the prequel trilogy. When he was just a young upstart struggling to stay within his budget working out of warehouses in California, his editors, actors, and consultants weren't afraid to say "no" to him. He was a hero to most of the people who worked with him on the prequels, and they didn't dare question his overuse of CGI, the Jar Jar character, his casting decisions for Anakin (twice!) and Amidala, some of the hideous "romantic" dialogue he came up with, the name General Grievous...and so, they suffered from dramatic under-editing and poor development. Which is really a shame, because there were some really great moments and characters even in Clones (okay, maybe only one great moment in Clones).

goodpost.gif I haven't read any SW novels, but I do enjoy video games based on SW. That being said, I would ask those who haven't seen it to go and check out the trailer for 'Star Wars: The Old Republic', which I posted about here. It remains my considered opinion that the Lucasarts game scripters have surpassed the prequel trilogy witht their work.

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

EXCELLENT stuff Presto-digitation!!! I enjoyed reading your "novella" post to start this thread. You should write for a magazine, that was an outstanding piece.

I, too, was 8 years old when Star Wars came out. I was excited! I finally got to see it, and let's just say that it took movies to a whole new level for me. As a kid, I marveled at the action, the action and the action. Naturally, shortly thereafter, I got the action figures! ALL of them. I also got trading cards that they used to sell in packs at the local mini-mart, and I even persuaded my mom to buy extra loaves of Wonder Bread, because Star Wars had a series of 16 cards they were putting out, one in each loaf! Yes, Star Wars went a long way in shaping my childhood.

The followup movies did not disappoint either! I still remember the shock I felt in learning that Darth Vader was Luke's father (sorry if that spoiled it for anyone....LOL), and we used to talk about Empire in school, always wondering what was going to happen in the next movie. And sure enough, in 1985, Return of the Jedi completed what was a very formative and satisfying adventure. Although by this time I was 17, I believe, and so this was not a movie I took my girlfriend to.....but my best buddy and I saw it together instead. I didn't know any females that were into Star Wars period back then.

I found that excitement aroused at the age of 30 when I learned of the release of the first prequel. My wife took me to it for my birthday (good wife!) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. A few months later, I was in Charlotte for a training course at my wife's alma mater, and there was a theater about a half mile away that was showing the movie. We got out at 3:30 from class, and I caught the 4:00 matinee just in time. Including myself, there were THREE people in the entire theater. I didn't know what to make of that, but I got the best seat in the house to watch it again and judge for myself whether this series was gonna be worth it. Yes.....yes it would be. As you said, times have changed, and I had grown much older at this point, but this is Star Wars, man! It transcends time and culture and is able to stand on its own in "A galaxy far, far away". The second prequel was even better than TPM, and the third, while extremely dark, really did a ood job in setting the stage for the series I grew with and loved.

Fast forward to now....about 9 months ago, my 4-year-old son was complaining to me: "Daddy, I'm bored with my toys" OK, I can relate to that one. And I knew what was locked up in the closet, that he would love......my ORIGINAL Star Wars action figures!!! Well, minus a few that had been taken by some of my younger cousins over the years. But no matter, I brought them out. My son's eyes LIT UP, just like mine had so long ago. He started asking me questions, and we started watching the movies. He was INSTANTLY hooked. That year for Christmas were requests for all the characters in the prequels. To date, we have managed to get MOST of them. We also have not one, but TWO light sabers around the house. We have light saber battles, and somehow I always end up being the Dark Lord of the Sith (he never wants to be the bad guy). Coincidentally, he is heavily into "The Clone Wars" cartoons. He loves it, and that love shows no sign of waning anytime soon.

Like I said, Star Wars transcends time and culture and stands on its own.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 10 2009, 09:09 AM)
goodpost.gif  goodpost.gif  goodpost.gif

EXCELLENT stuff Presto-digitation!!!  I enjoyed reading your "novella" post to start this thread.  You should write for a magazine, that was an outstanding piece.

I, too, was 8 years old when Star Wars came out.  I was excited!  I finally got to see it, and let's just say that it took movies to a whole new level for me.  As a kid, I marveled at the action, the action and the action.  Naturally, shortly thereafter, I got the action figures!  ALL of them.  I also got trading cards that they used to sell in packs at the local mini-mart, and I even persuaded my mom to buy extra loaves of Wonder Bread, because Star Wars had a series of 16 cards they were putting out, one in each loaf!  Yes, Star Wars went a long way in shaping my childhood.

The followup movies did not disappoint either!  I still remember the shock I felt in learning that Darth Vader was Luke's father (sorry if that spoiled it for anyone....LOL), and we used to talk about Empire in school, always wondering what was going to happen in the next movie.  And sure enough, in 1985, Return of the Jedi completed what was a very formative and satisfying adventure.  Although by this time I was 17, I believe, and so this was not a movie I took my girlfriend to.....but my best buddy and I saw it together instead.  I didn't know any females that were into Star Wars period back then.

I found that excitement aroused at the age of 30 when I learned of the release of the first prequel.  My wife took me to it for my birthday (good wife!) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  A few months later, I was in Charlotte for a training course at my wife's alma mater, and there was a theater about a half mile away that was showing the movie.  We got out at 3:30 from class, and I caught the 4:00 matinee just in time.  Including myself, there were THREE people in the entire theater.  I didn't know what to make of that, but I got the best seat in the house to watch it again and judge for myself whether this series was gonna be worth it.  Yes.....yes it would be.  As you said, times have changed, and I had grown much older at this point, but this is Star Wars, man!  It transcends time and culture and is able to stand on its own in "A galaxy far, far away".  The second prequel was even better than TPM, and the third, while extremely dark, really did a ood job in setting the stage for the series I grew with and loved.

Fast forward to now....about 9 months ago, my 4-year-old son was complaining to me: "Daddy, I'm bored with my toys"  OK, I can relate to that one.  And I knew what was locked up in the closet, that he would love......my ORIGINAL Star Wars action figures!!!  Well, minus a few that had been taken by some of my younger cousins over the years.  But no matter, I brought them out.  My son's eyes LIT UP, just like mine had so long ago.  He started asking me questions, and we started watching the movies.  He was INSTANTLY hooked.  That year for Christmas were requests for all the characters in the prequels.  To date, we have managed to get MOST of them.  We also have not one, but TWO light sabers around the house.  We have light saber battles, and somehow I always end up being the Dark Lord of the Sith (he never wants to be the bad guy).  Coincidentally, he is heavily into "The Clone Wars" cartoons.  He loves it, and that love shows no sign of waning anytime soon.

Like I said, Star Wars transcends time and culture and stands on its own.

Great story, man. Thank you for sharing. smile.gif

I have fond memories (and at least one scar) from light saber battles with my boys. Holy crap, they tore me a new one. biggrin.gif You're right it transcends generations and I think future generations will go lighter on the prequels...and not because the kids are dumb or tasteless tongue.gif but simply because they won't have the burden of the classic film trilogy impacting their enjoyment of the whole saga. That's not to say they'll prefer the prequels by any means...but they won't be lugging around expectations either.

trink39.gif

Edited by Presto-digitation

I liked all the prequels when they first came out, but *jeez* Phantom Menace has really not aged well. no.gif My main problem with Menace is that large parts of it come across as Saturday-morning cartoonish, because of the digital characters and the way they speak: Jar Jar (obviously), the other Gungans, the Nemoidians, the junk dealer on Tatooine, etc. To me, all these chartacters are so over-the-top in the way they look and speak, they come across as Hanna-Barbera cartoon characters, rather then "real" SW characters like Chewie and ESB Yoda. Seems like whenever Menace is just about to get rolling, some annoying digital character with another sing-songy voice comes in and derails the momentum.

But I liked the prequels a lot more than most, and think Lucas really redeemed the prequels with Sith. For me, Sith almost edges out Jedi if I were to rank the films, and that's saying a lot. If Lucas had started the prequels with a film like Sith and built from there, he probably could have met those insanely high expectations.

New Hope

Empire

Jedi

Sith

Clones

Menace (dead last by a mile)

I haven't seen Star Wars in a few years. Back in the day I used to watch the original ones all the time, when I was in like second grade. I liked Phantom Menace when it came out (I was 9 at the time), but I watched it again when Attack of the Clones came out and I thought it was corny. Again though, I was 12 at the time and that's the last time I saw it. I absolutely hated Clones, and I never even saw Revenge of the Sith.

Now that I'm past the part of my life where I have any investment in Star Wars, maybe I should watch them all again. I feel like I'd probably soften up towards the prequels at this point.

With that said, VERY well-written and thoughtful piece, P-D. Quite impressed.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 10 2009, 06:41 PM)
Well, well. Whattya know.....

The Phantom Menace sucks so bad, my son JUST asked for it by name.

He is about 5 years old though, so that explains it.

I frigging love Star Wars Cocky. I loved The Phantom Menace, I just hated JAR JAR. What a retard.

I haven't watched any Star Wars movie since Episode III came out on dvd.

I am done until Lucas gets off his fat ass and his Jabba The Hutt neck and pressed those six films on BLU-RAY!

I have no idea what the hold up is?

Same with the first three Indy movies. I mean why is CRYSTAL DULL out on Blu, but not the other three films? It makes no cents to me. These millionaires could be racking in more cash if they went HI DEF!

You dig?

Love,

Hand Solo

LOL!!

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 11 2009, 01:12 AM)
Well, well.  Whattya know.....

I frigging love Star Wars Cocky. I loved The Phantom Menace, I just hated JAR JAR. What a retard.

I am done until Lucas gets off his fat ass and his Jabba The Hutt neck and pressed those six films on BLU-RAY!

Same with the first three Indy movies. I mean why is CRYSTAL DULL out on Blu, but not the other three films? It makes no cents to me. These millionaires could be racking in more cash if they went HI DEF!

You dig?

Love,

Hand Solo

LOL!!

Look how long it took to get the original trilogy on DVD. The prequels were coming out on DVD and still no original trilogy at that point. He milks it all...in order to make "events" of such things. And it works too, because we all bitch about it then go ape-shit-gaga when it finally happens and buy SW films (again) in the latest format to record numbers.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 16 2009, 11:15 AM)
methinks it might be a dead one now. tongue.gif

Methinks everyone on the board needs to re-read the great posts made in this thread. smile.gif

Thus the bump......well, that and the fact that I like this emoticon: bumper.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 11 2009, 01:12 AM)
Well, well.  Whattya know.....

You dig?

Love,

Hand Solo

LOL!!

SW isn't out on Blu-Ray yet because Lucas invested heavily in HD-DVD, the dumbass.