Rush's coolest 30 second psychadelic jam moments.

red sector animal

My first vote is for Leave that thing alone from 1:52 to 2:29

Especially from 2:09 on.

All the weird little sounds too.. like at 2:17

also the space zap at 2:25 with Alex's wailing solo and that wicked background sound like a giant monster from another dimension...

Reminds me of a similar sound I hear somewhere on King Crimson's Thrak

Album.

What other moments did they just go totally psychadelic, for little bit, in the way that only they know how?

cool10.gif

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ May 5 2009, 08:57 PM)
The whole solo section in ByTor from AtWaS. Totally meant for stoners, no doubt.

I agree as well as Side 3 on Exit...Stage Left...spark at the beginning of Broons Bane and by the time Xanadu starts...... cool10.gif

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ May 6 2009, 12:57 AM)
The whole solo section in ByTor from AtWaS. Totally meant for stoners, no doubt.

I feel stoned when I'm listening to it clean .. .. atickhum.gif

I'd toss in the jam in "Secret Touch," about 3/4ths of the way through the song. I find myself spacing-out during the jam, and am shocked back to reality when the main theme returns. ("Where was I? Oh that's right, I was listening to 'Secret Touch.'") Some of the best Grateful Dead songs work the same.

I agree regarding the guitar solo in Bytor on ATWAS.

I like the beginning and ending to the Camera Eye. It's a laid back song that all of a sudden becomes fast and furious towards the end.

QUOTE (psionic11 @ May 6 2009, 04:38 PM)
Awesome thread. Too bad I'm at work and can't pull up tracks to listen to, but --

The "alright, everybody solo!" that is the free-wheeling Freewill solo never gets old.

HELL YEAH!!

and ditto here with the work thing but any time in a song where Ged and Al turn to face Neil and just start wailing away, exchanging glances and feeding off each other... Rush at it's finest!!!

I'll add the intro to 2112... a fun one to listen to turned up full tilt bozo on the stereo. Space-age mindwarp then thunderstorm drums.

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ May 6 2009, 08:31 PM)
Cygnus X-1

Pick any 30 second part you want! Never forget how blown away I was the first time I heard it...on release day! old.gif

I bought AFTK on release too! changed my life! old.gif

That being said...the outro of Xanadu doesnt suck either.

QUOTE (tangy @ May 6 2009, 03:58 PM)
a quantum leap forward............

oh man, you got me there! 2.gif

Archived