Rush to play in Aussie Brushfire Benefit Concert?

Serviette Onion

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Feb 26 2009, 03:43 AM)
QUOTE (different strings @ Feb 25 2009, 06:00 AM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Feb 25 2009, 04:34 PM)
In the middle of a year off on the other side of the world for one day?

I think the odds are less than zero.

angry.gif Yes unfortunately this is true even though when I saw the title of the thread I was quite excited. It would be simply amazing if this DID happen and you should be ashamed at yourself SERVIETTE ONION because this is NOT EVEN funny. no.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif dazed025.gif and is a very sensitive issue. Do you know that 2 and a half weeks later there are STILL fires burning it has just been so devastating for so many people on such a large scale. I would love RUSH to play in Australia so be a little bit more understanding will ya angry.gif The bands that are on the bill are from the 80's and would be great to see anyway.

Haddon, I meant to ask you how close you are to those fires? I hope you're ok rose.gif

smile.gif Thanks for your concern Jill but I live in Sydney in the State of NEW SOUTH WALES which is quite lucky for me. I have not heard much from Rushdownunder who DOES live in the state of Victoria where the fires are though and there have been fresh outbreaks everywhere so I am hoping that HE is okay. We have had major flooding in the north and fires in Victoria, this certainly is a land of extremes. Sydney was quit wet last weekend but still NO rain where it is needed most. Instaed of all the lame jokes about RUSH playing in Australia, please send positive thoughts for all those people that have perished and have lost loved ones. There have been many reports of all the animals that have perished as well. sad.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Feb 26 2009, 02:52 AM)

angry.gif Yes unfortunately this is true even though when I saw the title of the thread I was quite excited. It would be simply amazing if this DID happen and you should be ashamed at yourself SERVIETTE ONION because this is NOT EVEN funny. no.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif dazed025.gif and is a very sensitive issue. Do you know that 2 and a half weeks later there are STILL fires burning it has just been so devastating for so many people on such a large scale. I would love RUSH to play in Australia so be a little bit more understanding will ya angry.gif The bands that are on the bill are from the 80's and would be great to see anyway.

Haddon, I meant to ask you how close you are to those fires? I hope you're ok rose.gif

smile.gif Thanks for your concern Jill but I live in Sydney in the State of NEW SOUTH WALES which is quite lucky for me. I have not heard much from Rushdownunder who DOES live in the state of Victoria where the fires are though and there have been fresh outbreaks everywhere so I am hoping that HE is okay. We have had major flooding in the north and fires in Victoria, this certainly is a land of extremes. Sydney was quit wet last weekend but still NO rain where it is needed most. Instaed of all the lame jokes about RUSH playing in Australia, please send positive thoughts for all those people that have perished and have lost loved ones. There have been many reports of all the animals that have perished as well. sad.gif

I know not a whole lot about Australia, geography wise, but glad to here you're OK. I hope the same for Rushdownunder. My thoughts are with those in danger. rose.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Feb 26 2009, 08:32 AM)
QUOTE (different strings @ Feb 26 2009, 02:52 AM)

I know not a whole lot about Australia, geography wise, but glad to here you're OK. I hope the same for Rushdownunder. My thoughts are with those in danger. rose.gif

x2. I cannot imagine the fear and distress for people affected by these fires. I know one culprit has been arrested, and I'm hoping anyone who had a hand in starting these fires is apprehended and dealt with.

QUOTE (Sathington WillOUghby @ Feb 25 2009, 10:19 AM)
While S.O. may be totally off base here, such a performance is not as hard to pull off as many are implying. Think along the lines of their Colbert Show appearance. Simple instrument set-up for 2-4 songs, everything else (lights, sound, etc) is covered by the benefit organizers.

Not saying it's going to happen, but if Rush is interested, it wouldn't be that difficult.

Rush rehearsed for 2 weeks straight to play a 7-song Greatest Hits set in their hometown for SARSFEST. Nothing for them is simple with the way they like to prepare.

No AC/DC?/ C'mon Aussies, C'mon!!!!

IF AC/DC Played at the Sars Benefit, why no the play at the Brushfire Benefit as Well?

My apologies to all Rush fans about this rumor. Also My thoughts and prayers to all who suffered throught this tragedy and to those who perished as well. rose.gif

QUOTE (Serviette Onion @ Feb 26 2009, 11:50 AM)
No AC/DC?/ C'mon Aussies, C'mon!!!!

IF AC/DC Played at the Sars Benefit, why no the play at the Brushfire Benefit as Well?

My apologies to all Rush fans about this rumor. Also My thoughts and prayers to all who suffered throught this tragedy and to those who perished as well. rose.gif

So are you saying you made it up?

QUOTE (Serviette Onion @ Feb 24 2009, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 24 2009, 08:05 PM)
Wow, Split Enz!  They were one of my favorite bands in the 80's!

The Video for "I Got You" was cool!!!!

And I still have their Laser Etched "True Colours" LP

"Hard Act to Follow" is one track I remember well.

QUOTE (goose @ Feb 26 2009, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE (Serviette Onion @ Feb 24 2009, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 24 2009, 08:05 PM)
Wow, Split Enz!  They were one of my favorite bands in the 80's!

The Video for "I Got You" was cool!!!!

And I still have their Laser Etched "True Colours" LP

"Hard Act to Follow" is one track I remember well.

I also liked "Six Months In A Leaky Boat". Video was pure cheese, but the song was quite catchy.

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 25 2009, 05:07 PM)
It sounds like a pretty good lineup. Too bad Coldplay's included. Bathroom break, or leave early. wink.gif

I heard the Coldplay live CD from 2004. There was a part in one of the tracks where Mr. Gwenyth Paltrow says (and I am paraphrasing) "If you stand up during the song, I will buy everyone an ice cream. PLEASE!"

Coldplay is one of the signs of the upcoming apocalypse.

Oh, and for the topic at hand: there's no way they are going to Australia for just 1 show.

I think there is a better chance of getting a personalized concert in my back yard. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (JimboGames @ Feb 28 2009, 05:50 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 25 2009, 05:07 PM)
It sounds like a pretty good lineup.  Too bad Coldplay's included.  Bathroom break, or leave early. wink.gif

Coldplay is one of the signs of the upcoming apocalypse.

Oh, and for the topic at hand: there's no way they are going to Australia for just 1 show.

I think there is a better chance of getting a personalized concert in my back yard. rofl3.gif

perfectly stated.....

QUOTE (Gerxt @ Mar 1 2009, 12:28 PM)
They have no "pulling power" in Australia. They are completey unknown. This is simply not true.

smile.gif Gerxt you are okay after all wink.gif Seriously, I think that we all know that 2.gif are not going to play in Australia, at least not for this concert. b_sigh.gif

Archived