Morrissey's new album pretty good

alphseeker

Yeah, the new disc is pretty good. Jeff Beck plays on one track.

Unfortunately, he just cancelled his sold out show here in town with one days notice.

He cancelled 4 florida shows, played a half show in SC, then cancelled Atlanta and now Asheville. Guess he is sick.

The tickets read " Tour Of Refusal" which is a good name given what has gone down...........

QUOTE (Steevo @ Feb 18 2009, 08:36 PM)
I'll always give the king of mope a go, however past it he has sounded recently  sad.gif

I agree. He is the King Of Mope, but I really like his music.

Especially the older stuff but yeah this new album is excellent.

Signed,

"Hairdresser On Fire" waffen093.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 17 2009, 06:00 AM)
I'll always give the king of mope a go, however past it he has sounded recently  sad.gif

Signed,

Wow Earl, you never fail to surprise, I thought for some reason you were gonna deliver Moz both barrells!! unsure.gif

He hasn't made a decent album since Vauxhall for me with the brilliant Steve Lillywhite producing. As he was convinced this was going to be his last album he really pulled out all the stops and f**k, does it show. Also, it's amazing to see so many teens that have caught on to him again through the last 2 albums cool.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Oct 16 2009, 11:27 AM)

Signed,

Wow Earl, you never fail to surprise, I thought for some reason you were gonna deliver Moz both barrells!! unsure.gif

He hasn't made a decent album since Vauxhall for me with the brilliant Steve Lillywhite producing. As he was convinced this was going to be his last album he really pulled out all the stops and f**k, does it show. Also, it's amazing to see so many teens that have caught on to him again through the last 2 albums cool.gif

Thanks buddy!

I bet you thought I would flame Morrissey!

I try to be diverse in music even though I do love to rip other bands.

I actually like The Smiths too!

You just have to be in a certain mood for Morrissey's melancholy music.

Love,

"Everday is like Sunday, everyday is silent and gray."

I'm glad you like Moz, Earl! I like alot of his stuff too! 'Noise Is The Best Revenge' was a great b-side/third song on the CD that was on the re-issue of 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out'. Think some singles got reissued at one point as I came across that by chance and really loved it! 'Everyday Is Like Sunday' is ace as well!

QUOTE (Steevo @ Oct 16 2009, 02:27 PM)

Signed,

I need to get some Morrissey as well as some stuff by The Smiths. Believe it or not, both were/are big influences on My Chemical Romance.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Oct 16 2009, 11:49 AM)
Big Moz/Smiths fan. Saw him two tours ago and he was fantastic. Good to hear hes still putting out good material. He has a great backing band.

Hey Greg!

You said it all. He does have a great backing band. I love the combination of electric and acoustic guitars.

"Viva Hate" is still my favorite Morrissey record.

Years of Refusal is pretty solid. I like this new career pattern of his, basically becoming the '80s mope rock version of Tom Petty. Puts out basically the same album every few years but it's always good. I saw him at Coachella earlier this year and he still puts on a good show. The Smiths stuff is obviously superior to his solo work, but my favorite solo Morrissey album is You Are the Quarry, from 2004.

Wow, I've been a little behind on him of late. Just learnt they've remastered Southpaw and Maladjusted with a few extras. I'd say both these reissues are essentials as I've heard some of the Bs before and they're pretty solid. Glad they did this!! trink38.gif

Broken link WM.

This from a fan who saw the show:

"He sang This Charming Man, seemed in good voice, then as the song ended before I knew it it looked like somone was being carried off the stage to the right as we looked, then the band followed pretty immediately.

After about 10 minutes a roadie came out and asked everyone to be patient.

House lights came up a bit, then about another 30 minutes later the same roadie came out and said Morrissey had left the building and that we should keep our tickets for refunds (not my prime concern at that point!) and then ended by saying "He is seriously ill."

A few idiots shouted complaints but not many.

Ironically, when Morrissey came on stage, he said "Good evening... Possibly."

Get well Moz, scary shit!! sad.gif

Condition is now stable last I saw smile.gif

^^^ That sucks and it seems he has been sick alot. He cancelled our show with less than 24 hours notice and no apology whatsoever. I can understand being being sick but a little apology/goodwill goes along way.

Shit happens but i doubt i would make the effort to score tickets for him again.

He has another release coming out soon and another leg of US dates on the way.

Not much of an update since last night other than that he is in a stable condition in hospital. The exact cause has yet to be made clear.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8324492.stm

I wish you well, man

Archived