I have news!!

Janie

Easy way to tell if "the bun in the oven" will be a rush fan, will be when you decide to listen to something non rush, it will start kicking like mad smile.gif

My mother said that whenever she ate cheesy pasta I would kick like hell. Incidentally, I dislike cheesy pasta.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jan 30 2009, 06:43 AM)
Easy way to tell if "the bun in the oven" will be a rush fan, will be when you decide to listen to something non rush, it will start kicking like mad smile.gif

My mother said that whenever she ate cheesy pasta I would kick like hell. Incidentally, I dislike cheesy pasta.

I'm sure my kids will be shocked to find there are other artists besides Rush. laugh.gif My son sings along to certain songs. He vocalizes well with Geddy. laugh.gif

I think, as a joke, I'm going to put "Geddy" on the names-list-for-boys and see what my husband does.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jan 30 2009, 09:47 AM)
QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jan 30 2009, 06:43 AM)

I'm sure my kids will be shocked to find there are other artists besides Rush. laugh.gif My son sings along to certain songs. He vocalizes well with Geddy. laugh.gif

I think, as a joke, I'm going to put "Geddy" on the names-list-for-boys and see what my husband does.

Just for grins, put "Rivendell" at the top of the girls' list. Or "Alexa" laugh.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Jan 30 2009, 02:47 PM)

You might regret it when he says "You know what, actually....." laugh.gif

Anyway keep us updated. Im sure the rest of us here would love to hear from you as the pregnancy progresses wink.gif

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jan 30 2009, 06:51 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jan 30 2009, 02:47 PM)

You might regret it when he says "You know what, actually....." laugh.gif

That would be funny. That would totally catch me off guard. It would be funnier (out of character though) if he added, "And if it's a girl - Gedina!"

QUOTE (Janie @ Jan 28 2009, 09:26 AM)
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/MissElainius/KnockedUp.jpg

End of September...

biggrin.gif

Baby #2 on the way!

That's awesome!!!!!! 1022.gif

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 2 2009, 11:13 AM)
Dear Everyone,

Thank you! Thank you! And, thank you!!

XOXO,
Janie

P.S. I better be having twins for the sheer volume of food I'm putting away.

Congrats Janie. hug2.gif

As for the twins... trust me... DON'T jinx yourself that way. z7shysterical.gif

Just kidding Chicklette and Damerz. unsure.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 2 2009, 01:22 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 2 2009, 11:13 AM)
Dear Everyone,

Thank you! Thank you! And, thank you!!

XOXO,
Janie

P.S. I better be having twins for the sheer volume of food I'm putting away.

Congrats Janie. hug2.gif

As for the twins... trust me... DON'T jinx yourself that way. z7shysterical.gif

Just kidding Chicklette and Damerz. unsure.gif

biggrin.gif

Thanks Necro! I know, I shouldn't jinx myself this way. It was actually my first thought. I'm hoping I'm wrong! But I'm already showing... I can't believe it. Either there's two buns in this oven or I'm going to have an elephant-sized baby.

<----

See those two in my avatar? They will be 5 very soon.

Life hasn't been the same since Anthony and Molly came along.

Nor has it ever been better.

Celebrate life, for we are but moths fluttering before the flame, and all to soon we will fly too close to the sun.

Again, congrats Janie, and be good to yourself.

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Feb 3 2009, 12:47 AM)
<----

See those two in my avatar? They will be 5 very soon.

Celebrate life, for we are but moths fluttering before the flame, and all to soon we will fly too close to the sun.

You have twins!? Awwww... part of me sort of wishes for two but I still remember how hard one newborn is, I couldn't imagine that work doubling!

Thank you for your kind words. I liked reading that. smile.gif And I am being good to myself. Partly, I'm just enjoying our little family right now but also, relishing in being pregnant. It's such a wonderful experience!

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 3 2009, 10:49 AM)
QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Feb 3 2009, 12:47 AM)
<----

See those two in my avatar?  They will be 5 very soon. 

You have twins!? Awwww... part of me sort of wishes for two but I still remember how hard one newborn is, I couldn't imagine that work doubling!

Thank you for your kind words. I liked reading that. smile.gif And I am being good to myself. Partly, I'm just enjoying our little family right now but also, relishing in being pregnant. It's such a wonderful experience!

If memory serves, I bet you look 10 years younger also.

Congrats to you, Janie. You do realize a newborn will cut into your reading time, right? wink.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Feb 3 2009, 06:25 PM)
Congrats to you, Janie. You do realize a newborn will cut into your reading time, right? wink.gif

Newborns do have a bad habit of cutting into one's reading time. And eating time and sleeping time and taking a shower time and errand running time and...

I can't believe I'm going to have a newborn AND a toddler. That's like, the kind of things nightmares are made out of. I'm joking of course. I couldn't be happier. smile.gif

I think my TRF time is going to significantly drop in September and the following months.

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Feb 3 2009, 06:37 PM)
WOW, that's wonderful, Janie!
applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif
Congratulations!!! trink36.gif

Thanks RB!

And, just like the pop drinking emoticon fella in your post, I'm just down to water and pop these days. I'm NOT a pop drinker but I found myself craving orange pop the other day. Had to drive to the store the craving was so bad. Orange pop. And I bought Skittles which I haven't had since I was like 8.

These two pregnancies could not be more different.

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 4 2009, 09:38 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Feb 3 2009, 06:25 PM)
Congrats to you, Janie.  You do realize a newborn will cut into your reading time, right?  wink.gif

Newborns do have a bad habit of cutting into one's reading time. And eating time and sleeping time and taking a shower time and errand running time and...

I can't believe I'm going to have a newborn AND a toddler. That's like, the kind of things nightmares are made out of. I'm joking of course. I couldn't be happier. smile.gif

I think my TRF time is going to significantly drop in September and the following months.

I had a newborn and a toddler at the same time, too.

Yep, it's tough. Especially, as my co-worker explains so well, "when they outnumber you." It's fine if you and your partner are watching the two of them. It's fine if you're out with one and your partner is out with the other. But when it's two kids and one parent (i.e. "they outnumber" the adults), it gets really tough. There's a reason Cosby said a parent of ONE KID "isn't really a parent" - there's a lot of extraneous difficulty that only comes when you have two or more.

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 13 2009, 07:50 AM)
CONGRATS JANIE!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  applaudit.gif  cheer.gif  common001.gif  653.gif Sorry I missed this thread. Looks like we will have another runner added to the family. biggrin.gif

troutman trink39.gif

Aww, thanks troutman. Hey, this little one is already going running with me ( wink.gif ) and I certainly plan to keep running, especially afterwards. With my first, I ran everyday pushing the jogging stroller and he was in almost every one of my races with me last year. This one will be in my races too! smile.gif

Congratulations Janie!

I Love Babies. I miss having babies in the house. Holding them, smelling them,

Smiling, giggling, silly, cuddly, sweet babies. b_sigh.gif

That's awesome. wub.gif

The only thing I don't miss is just how tired you really are when caring for little ones..... Everything else smile.gif

Archived