New Rush album out "soon" (?) *unconfirmed*

mfratt

So I was listening to Sirius Deep Tracks in my car today. They had Alice Cooper DJ'ing the show. They played Cold Fire, then Alice comes on and says something like "That was Cold Fire from Rush, another album coming from them soon."

Has anybody heard *any* talk about a new album "soon?"

Either he's got an inside scoop or he has no idea what he's talking about...

QUOTE (RobK71 @ Jan 17 2009, 07:09 PM)
Retrospective 3 due out early March????

Ohhhhhhh.....

"New album" != "New compilation album" to me

Never even thought to make the connection...

Probably the case though

It was probably just a harmless statement. Alice is a fan and has probably heard Geddy or Alex talking about going into the studio at some point, and he was just conveying his enthusiasm for the upcoming album...whenever it comes out. "Soon" doesn't have to mean anything -- it's just a vague term in this case. Just my guess.

QUOTE (Pressure_Over_Grace @ Jan 17 2009, 06:44 PM)
Am I the only one that's more surprised about the fact the radio station played Cold Fire?

Not with Alice as a dj. He does 'Nights with Alice Cooper' on KDKB here in Phoenix and he loves playing deep cuts. I think theres an hour of the show where thats all he plays, but I forget what it's called.

QUOTE (Pressure_Over_Grace @ Jan 17 2009, 08:44 PM)
Am I the only one that's more surprised about the fact the radio station played Cold Fire?

Well Sirius plays a lot of deeper cuts anyway, but one of my favorite stations is "Deep Tracks" because they play deep, deep cuts from popular bands and a lot of music from bands you've never heard of before -- and 95% of it is great music.

They have a section called "For headphones only" where they play all bands like Yes, Rush, Genesis, Jethro Tull, etc.

Sirius is weeeelll worth the money. I can't stand the overplayed songs and mind numbing commercials on broadcast radio. My head explodes every time I hear I Don't Care by Apoctalyptica

QUOTE (mfratt @ Jan 18 2009, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE (Pressure_Over_Grace @ Jan 17 2009, 08:44 PM)

Well Sirius plays a lot of deeper cuts anyway, but one of my favorite stations is "Deep Tracks" because they play deep, deep cuts from popular bands and a lot of music from bands you've never heard of before -- and 95% of it is great music.

They have a section called "For headphones only" where they play all bands like Yes, Rush, Genesis, Jethro Tull, etc.

Sirius is weeeelll worth the money. I can't stand the overplayed songs and mind numbing commercials on broadcast radio. My head explodes every time I hear I Don't Care by Apoctalyptica

Damn. Good. Post!

Sirius Rocks! 1022.gif

I heard that too!!!! and I wondereed thew same thing but I figured they meant retrospective III.

and yes satallite is worth the money!!! it blows me away some of the stuff they play on there! and always the long versions!

QUOTE (Pressure_Over_Grace @ Jan 17 2009, 07:44 PM)

That's why I pay for satellite radio. yes.gif

Archived