Chat Antics

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 26 2008, 06:12 AM)
I'm coming into this discussion late and maybe I'm missing something but why is this continuing to be an issue?
To mods: Can't those alters just be banned if they're that much of a hassle?
To the accused: Can't you just use 'yourself' if your alter is the source of the hassle?

I do remember 1 (or maybe 2) of Necro's being banned and it not causing a fuss. And I'm sure there were more alters that were given the axe.

Ahhh Johnny you are a bit wrong there. First... it was somebody else's alters that I "appropriated". And second, i didn't use it to f**k up chat's experience for everyone. I was using it to purposely drive someone that we ALL couldn't stand away. Most of those evil shenanigans were done through pms. Once everyone knew that I was 2hi, THEN I'd come in to chat and use "her" to make people laugh. Almost everyone intended was in on the "joke" by then.

I wasn't spamming the hell out of chat or making an alter that represented someone else on the board. Not justifying what I did, but it wasn't the same as this. no.gif

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I woke up Christmas morning to a PM from a certain 18 year old banned member who wished a Merry Christmas by repeatedly calling me a word that begins with c, and ends with a t. Thats the most disgusting thing I have experianced here in my 3 years as a member. Justice has been served. smile.gif

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 26 2008, 09:37 AM)
I woke up Christmas morning to a PM from a certain 18 year old banned member who wished a Merry Christmas by repeatedly calling me a word that begins with c, and ends with a t. Thats the most disgusting thing I have experianced here in my 3 years as a member. Justice has been served. smile.gif

common001.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif

Another dark cloud lifted from TRF. Sorry you had to experience that, Tick. We obviously set our expectations too high when asking for a minimal level of maturity, respect, or consideration of others. This child obviously couldn't handle that burdon.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 26 2008, 05:12 AM)
I'm coming into this discussion late and maybe I'm missing something but why is this continuing to be an issue? 
To the accused: Can't you just use 'yourself' if your alter is the source of the hassle?

I do remember 1 (or maybe 2) of Necro's being banned and it not causing a fuss.  And I'm sure there were more alters that were given the axe.

Those alters had not even been validated yet. A new member's account needs to be validated before they can post on the board. But, because of a weird glitch with how the board integrates with the chatroom, an account that has yet to be validated could still be used in the chatroom. Those guys created 18 of those that night.

We've fixed that glitch, and now that we've finished matching up all those alters to their creators, we've deleted them all. They continue to be talked about because those alters were used to impersonate us three admins and one of our members. GAAC, as RR, was IMing Goober and Goob thought the real RR was talking to him. That is inexcusable.

Though seven members made "chat aliases" that night, the three that did the most damage as far as disrupting the room were GAAC, fledge and theworkingman. Besides impersonating us, their level of spamming and floodposting was disgraceful. That kind of behavior makes it impossible for others to enjoy the chatroom, and that's the other main issue here.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 26 2008, 09:59 AM)

I do remember 1 (or maybe 2) of Necro's being banned and it not causing a fuss.  And I'm sure there were more alters that were given the axe.

Those alters had not even been validated yet. A new member's account needs to be validated before they can post on the board. But, because of a weird glitch with how the board integrates with the chatroom, an account that has yet to be validated could still be used in the chatroom. Those guys created 18 of those that night.

We've fixed that glitch, and now that we've finished matching up all those alters to their creators, we've deleted them all. They continue to be talked about because those alters were used to impersonate us three admins and one of our members. GAAC, as RR, was IMing Goober and Goob thought the real RR was talking to him. That is inexcusable.

Though seven members made "chat aliases" that night, the three that did the most damage as far as disrupting the room were GAAC, fledge and theworkingman. Besides impersonating us, their level of spamming and floodposting was disgraceful. That kind of behavior makes it impossible for others to enjoy the chatroom, and that's the other main issue here.

Ah, so they created new users altogether - but how did they use RR's name when it is already taken? I get some of this, I just don't get how they used you guys' names.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 26 2008, 10:11 AM)
Whatever happens, Chat needs to stay open (just my $0.02). I wouldnt say I use it often, but its nice to see if folks are hanging out in there and pop in, especially on Thursday nights during Goobs show.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Dec 26 2008, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 26 2008, 09:59 AM)

Ah, so they created new users altogether - but how did they use RR's name when it is already taken? I get some of this, I just don't get how they used you guys' names.

They put a period at the end of our names. "1-0-0-1-0-0-1.", for instance. In a chat convo, that period was easily overlooked and the names seemed legit. When I was in chat the day after, I IMed treeduck and he asked me, "Are you the real 1-0-0-1?" We've since made it impossible for that to happen again.

That fact that we HAVE to take such measures shows that there are some childish people out there.

Allow me to be the first of those involved to make a public apology. This will be quick, as I have to go out to visit relatives very soon. Since this is the first apology, I expect a larger amount of shit to be flung directly at me, and I am ready to accept that.

Looking back on the actions of the other night, I realize that they are far more immature and childish than I thought at the time. I will definitely control my actions better in the future, I wouldn't want the rest of the forum to suffer from my actions.

I wish everyone here a Merry (belated) Christmas and Happy New Year/Holidays otherwise.

-fledge

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Dec 26 2008, 10:30 AM)
Allow me to be the first of those involved to make a public apology. This will be quick, as I have to go out to visit relatives very soon. Since this is the first apology, I expect a larger amount of shit to be flung directly at me, and I am ready to accept that.
Looking back on the actions of the other night, I realize that they are far more immature and childish than I thought at the time. I will definitely control my actions better in the future, I wouldn't want the rest of the forum to suffer from my actions.

I wish everyone here a Merry (belated) Christmas and Happy New Year/Holidays otherwise.

-fledge

Spoken like a true gentleman. Apology accepted. (Even though YOU were the one who impersonated me. wink.gif )

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 26 2008, 10:38 AM)
Allow me to be the first of those involved to make a public apology.  This will be quick, as I have to go out to visit relatives very soon.  Since this is the first apology, I expect a larger amount of shit to be flung directly at me, and I am ready to accept that.
Looking back on the actions of the other night, I realize that they are far more immature and childish than I thought at the time.  I will definitely control my actions better in the future, I wouldn't want the rest of the forum to suffer from my actions.

-fledge

Spoken like a true gentleman. Apology accepted. (Even though YOU were the one who impersonated me. wink.gif )

How do we know this is really you?

"Now cut that out!"

http://tnaron.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/jack_benny.jpg

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 26 2008, 07:38 AM)
Allow me to be the first of those involved to make a public apology.  This will be quick, as I have to go out to visit relatives very soon.  Since this is the first apology, I expect a larger amount of shit to be flung directly at me, and I am ready to accept that.
Looking back on the actions of the other night, I realize that they are far more immature and childish than I thought at the time.  I will definitely control my actions better in the future, I wouldn't want the rest of the forum to suffer from my actions.

-fledge

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 26 2008, 03:38 PM)
I take it from Tick's post that someone has been banished? Who is that person?

That would be GAAC......

I too received a less than pleasant PM from him as well, as did a couple of others (WCFIELDS for one). I was sworn at and called a bitch, which is actually mild compare to some others laugh.gif

Actually it didn't bother me, and I just let him know that it would be a very bad mistake to get into a flame war with me as he would lose miserably, even though I would take no personal satisfaction in humiliating a teenager.

Well, now he's banned I suppose it's academic.

One thing does bother me though, and maybe someone else can answer this:

Why was he so popular amongst certain people here? As far as I am concerned it is pretty obvious he is a pathological liar, and I find it hard to believe so many people were taken in by him...Was it sympathy?

In any case I am glad he is out of the picture as he is bad news and I would hate to see some of the more impressionable here being influenced by him.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Dec 26 2008, 10:47 AM)
Why was he so popular amongst certain people here? As far as I am concerned it is pretty obvious he is a pathological liar, and I find it hard to believe so many people were taken in by him...Was it sympathy?

It had to be sympathy, otherwise I can't explain it. Seems to me he used his "problems", either real or imagined, to become the center of attention and garner lots of pats on the back.

Glad to see him go. Won't miss the psychosis or the drama from that annoying prick.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Dec 26 2008, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 26 2008, 03:38 PM)
I take it from Tick's post that someone has been banished? Who is that person?

That would be GAAC......

I too received a less than pleasant PM from him as well, as did a couple of others (WCFIELDS for one). I was sworn at and called a bitch, which is actually mild compare to some others laugh.gif

Actually it didn't bother me, and I just let him know that it would be a very bad mistake to get into a flame war with me as he would lose miserably, even though I would take no personal satisfaction in humiliating a teenager.

Well, now he's banned I suppose it's academic.

One thing does bother me though, and maybe someone else can answer this:

In any case I am glad he is out of the picture as he is bad news and I would hate to see some of the more impressionable here being influenced by him.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 26 2008, 10:53 AM)

It had to be sympathy, otherwise I can't explain it. Seems to me he used his "problems", either real or imagined, to become the center of attention and garner lots of pats on the back.

Glad to see him go. Won't miss the psychosis or the drama from that annoying prick.

I'm one of those who truly likes him, and I am SO beyond disappointed in his behavior. He was one of the first to reach out and PM me after my sister died, and had some very kind things to say.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't making it up about the drug issues and rehab, and there is at least one member here who can vouch for it. I am not going to call this person out, though; some may remember that thread before it was deleted. Recovering addicts LOVE to talk about their rehab experiences. Add that to Taylor's naturally forthcoming personality, and it isn't hard to believe.

Quite frankly I thought his behavior during the whole Grand Designs debacle was attributable to his drug use, as that was right around the time he started really using hard. Putting it mildly, he appears to have some issues with authority. As he matures he'll learn how to pick his battles, I hope.

The PMs to the admins and certain members are inexcusable. He HAD to know a ban was coming after that, and rightly so. He didn't threaten, did he?

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 26 2008, 12:09 PM)

I'm one of those who truly likes him, and I am SO beyond disappointed in his behavior. He was one of the first to reach out and PM me after my sister died, and had some very kind things to say.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't making it up about the drug issues and rehab, and there is at least one member here who can vouch for it. I am not going to call this person out, though; some may remember that thread before it was deleted. Recovering addicts LOVE to talk about their rehab experiences. Add that to Taylor's naturally forthcoming personality, and it isn't hard to believe.

Quite frankly I thought his behavior during the whole Grand Designs debacle was attributable to his drug use, as that was right around the time he started really using hard. He's got some issues with authority, to put it mildly, though. As he matures he'll learn how to pick his battles, I hope.

The PMs to the admins and certain members are inexcusable. He HAD to know a ban was coming after that, and rightly so. He didn't threaten, did he?

Well, if he is trully clean and sober for the last 60 days. There is no excuse for sending me a PM on Christmas eve calling me C *t repeatedly. If he is sober, there is no excuse for that. I'm sick of using drugs as a built in excuse. He knows not the meaning of the word respect. He got what he was obviously begging for. I greatly celebrate his departure. smile.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 26 2008, 04:09 PM)

Quite frankly I thought his behavior during the whole Grand Designs debacle was attributable to his drug use, as that was right around the time he started really using hard. Putting it mildly, he appears to have some issues with authority. As he matures he'll learn how to pick his battles, I hope.

Sorry, I just don't buy it......

I know what you mean when you say drug addicts like to talk about their problems, but not in that way. I have had a good few years as a health Care professional working in the UKs Criminal Justice System, and he does not exhibit typical behaviour at all.

When you say there is someone who can vouch for it, then I would only take it seriously if they hasd actually witnessed this first hand - is this the case? (I don't need to know - and I don't care- who it is btw.)

I myself (and paople I know) had much more to deal with when we were younger than he claims to have, but we don't feel the need to trumpet it to strangers on the internet.

I'm afraid I think he is just a rather immature boy with a pretty nasty streak. Hopefully it will get worn out of him by life in general.

In any case, whatever issues he has, he was a bad influence on some of the other younger members and I'm glad he is gone....You didn't see the nature of his PMs - pure spite with no contrition at all.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 26 2008, 11:17 AM)

Well, if he is trully clean and sober for the last 60 days. There is no excuse for sending me a PM on Christmas eve calling me C *t repeatedly. If he is sober, there is no excuse for that. I'm sick of using drugs as a built in excuse. He knows not the meaning of the word respect. He got what he was obviously begging for. I greatly celebrate his departure. smile.gif

I agree 100%, tick. A HUGE part of recovery is "making amends" to those affected by one's actions, and to stop using addiction as an excuse and claim full responsibility for behavior.

I truly wish he'd been able to do the adult thing and offer a genuine apology. This is extremely disappointing.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 26 2008, 07:53 AM)

Emotionally high-maintenance people tend to draw off one another.

I liked GAAC for his golf angle but am saddened that he PM'd some people on Christmas morning spouting horrible messages. That was uncalled for and I feel awful that people had to read those messages.

What was the point of those messages? Again, I'm saddened by all this. At a certain age and point in time, people need to know better. Judgment, use it.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 26 2008, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 26 2008, 12:09 PM)

Quite frankly I thought his behavior during the whole Grand Designs debacle was attributable to his drug use, as that was right around the time he started really using hard. He's got some issues with authority, to put it mildly, though. As he matures he'll learn how to pick his battles, I hope.

goodpost.gif Someday his mouth will get his ass beat.

Archived