What I thought

CeeJ

QUOTE (Pags @ Dec 12 2008, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 12 2008, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 12 2008, 10:05 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 12 2008, 08:58 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 12 2008, 09:35 PM)
Wow, so much DRAMA over a bunch of appreciation threads and SPAM and funny jokes. Who knew a bunch of threads intended to shower people with praise could cause so many people to get pissed at each other. Jeez... eyesre4.gif

No, we aren't going to make a separate SPAM/appreciation thread forum. One SPAM thread is more than enough. You guys (except for GAAC) complained about all the SPAM threads and we closed them up. And though the appreciation threads are very MySpace/Facebook/high school, they're ultimately harmless (no offense to those involved with them). Though I do agree that we don't need 20 of them. We are discussing what, if anything, needs to be done with them.

But, did we need all this drama to register that complaint? CeeJ's original post in her thread yesterday had the right idea, but it quickly blew up into all this.

About a year ago we had an idea that involved all the birthday/anniversary/post level threads...all this appreciation thread bullshit has brought that idea back up again. That idea also involved the Finding My Way subforum. If we get a firm plan down we'll let you all know.

And Necro, you insist on thinking we "powers that be" banished you guys and your funny threads to GD. While we did take into consideration the complaints of those who missed how RS used to be at that time, making a new forum to celebrate this kind of "style without substance" that all of a sudden became popular was the main reason we created GD. We said as much in the RS Reclamation thread that CeeJ keeps quoting, and nothing has changed since then.

Okay. But i was privvy to what was said "behind the scenes" as it were, remember? It was mass complaining that started it. Let's not try to rewrite history here. trink39.gif

I'm not trying to rewrite history. I just said that the complaints back then about how RS wasn't like it used to be were taken into consideration. It's what started the whole process. But in the end it became obvious that the GD brand of humor did deserve a home of it's own, the complaints nonwithstanding. I'm not saying anything now that wasn't said when GD first opened.

Okay... but for those who are new... i just wanted to point out that there was far more stuff about the whole thing than was covered in that thread. And a lot of it was scathing towards us and took a long time to get over. Y'know?

Which is my point of why I don't want to be hypocritical about it. That's all.

I'll laugh my ass of if anyone is planning a boycott over this. Talk about history repeating itself.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Unfortunately, due to a misunderstanding, I think Daylin might be contemplating leaving over this.

I hope that's not true. sad.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Daylin @ Dec 12 2008, 09:08 PM)
I've got an idea. Why don't members have (like a * for SOCN) a atickhum.gif next to their name. Then, everyone will know who can post in GD

huh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 12 2008, 10:41 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 12 2008, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 12 2008, 10:05 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 12 2008, 08:58 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 12 2008, 09:35 PM)
Wow, so much DRAMA over a bunch of appreciation threads and SPAM and funny jokes. Who knew a bunch of threads intended to shower people with praise could cause so many people to get pissed at each other. Jeez... eyesre4.gif

No, we aren't going to make a separate SPAM/appreciation thread forum. One SPAM thread is more than enough. You guys (except for GAAC) complained about all the SPAM threads and we closed them up. And though the appreciation threads are very MySpace/Facebook/high school, they're ultimately harmless (no offense to those involved with them). Though I do agree that we don't need 20 of them. We are discussing what, if anything, needs to be done with them.

But, did we need all this drama to register that complaint? CeeJ's original post in her thread yesterday had the right idea, but it quickly blew up into all this.

About a year ago we had an idea that involved all the birthday/anniversary/post level threads...all this appreciation thread bullshit has brought that idea back up again. That idea also involved the Finding My Way subforum. If we get a firm plan down we'll let you all know.

And Necro, you insist on thinking we "powers that be" banished you guys and your funny threads to GD. While we did take into consideration the complaints of those who missed how RS used to be at that time, making a new forum to celebrate this kind of "style without substance" that all of a sudden became popular was the main reason we created GD. We said as much in the RS Reclamation thread that CeeJ keeps quoting, and nothing has changed since then.

Okay. But i was privvy to what was said "behind the scenes" as it were, remember? It was mass complaining that started it. Let's not try to rewrite history here. trink39.gif

I'm not trying to rewrite history. I just said that the complaints back then about how RS wasn't like it used to be were taken into consideration. It's what started the whole process. But in the end it became obvious that the GD brand of humor did deserve a home of it's own, the complaints nonwithstanding. I'm not saying anything now that wasn't said when GD first opened.

Okay... but for those who are new... i just wanted to point out that there was far more stuff about the whole thing than was covered in that thread. And a lot of it was scathing towards us and took a long time to get over. Y'know?

Which is my point of why I don't want to be hypocritical about it. That's all.

Yep, there was a handful of people that looked down on you and tick and Goob and Geds for all the "silly" threads that became prevalent in RS. And yeah, some of it was scathing and ugly. Some of that complaining was done out on the board IIRC, so it wasn't much of a secret to anyone who was around back then. Some people don't get that kind of humor and complained about having to step over those threads to get to the ones they wanted. Of course we considered their complaints because we have to consider ANY complaint put on our desk.

But in the end it wasn't those people or their complaints that made us decide to open GD. They simply started the discussion. GD would have happened sooner or later anyway. One of you clowns would have suggested it, and it would have been a good idea. tongue.gif

Funny how we've had more complaints about how GD is being overrun by "undesirable" threads than we ever received about RS. laugh.gif

Maybe more complaints but definitely not the same amount of viciousness and hatred that accompanied the RS reclamation. I've SEEN the pm's, so you can't argue that with me. tongue.gif

I only cringe at the spam. None of this bothers me, but I got involved cuz LA and GAAC started the offensive shit with CeeJ, as is my right.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 12 2008, 01:45 PM)
Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone.
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

http://www.rocklibrary.com/images/EntityImages/1000/1076/Bob%20Dylan%205.3.66.jpg

This is fine for some and sad for others. That's just life

Best post in here!

Bob D. rules.

Man, who gives a f**k?

I just got done reading all (I think) of what happened the past two days and the only thing that I give a damn about are Daylin's comments. People like Daylin are the only real enjoyment I get out of this place anymore, so when I see something like that it bothers me.

My opinion is that if an argument can be taken to the point of someone like Daylin, who has brought nothing but cheerfulness and goodness to this board for almost 4 years now, to the point of being so unhappy then the initial point and argument isn't worth it.

Who gives a rat's ass about too many appreciation threads? If there are too many now then I would bet a month from now there won't be but a couple on the first page. "Fads" like this come and go fast here. This really just isn't worth the negativeness, and it sure as hell could never have been worth the potential loss of someone like Daylin.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 12 2008, 11:01 PM)
Man, who gives a f**k?

I just got done reading all (I think) of what happened the past two days and the only thing that I give a damn about are Daylin's comments. People like Daylin are the only real enjoyment I get out of this place anymore, so when I see something like that it bothers me.

My opinion is that if an argument can be taken to the point of someone like Daylin, who has brought nothing but cheerfulness and goodness to this board for almost 4 years now, to the point of being so unhappy then the initial point and argument isn't worth it.

Who gives a rat's ass about too many appreciation threads? If there are too many now then I would bet a month from now there won't be but a couple on the first page. "Fads" like this come and go fast here. This really just isn't worth the negativeness, and it sure as hell could never have been worth the potential loss of someone like Daylin.

Second best post in here.... well.... probably first, I can let Dylan go to number 2.

QUOTE (Daylin @ Dec 12 2008, 10:00 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 12 2008, 07:35 PM)

And, who started all this drama?

It's funny that the people who are friends and have met are always right.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I don't want my NEW thread in GD. I wish you would remove it. I won't be here to use it anyway.

Cheers

hug2.gif hug2.gif hug2.gif

Check your PM's smile.gif

I'm always curious about "why."

Why are certain members attracted to these "spammy" threads and others not?

Earlier it was mentioned that they were reminiscent of Facebook, etc...

Does it seem that it's mainly younger members that frequent these threads?

If so, aren't we usually excited when younger people get into Rush and love them enough to join a forum that consists of band fans?

Or is there no correlation at all between age and these threads?

Comments?

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Dec 12 2008, 10:22 PM)
I'm always curious about "why."
Why are certain members attracted to these "spammy" threads and others not?
Earlier it was mentioned that they were reminiscent of Facebook, etc...
Does it seem that it's mainly younger members that frequent these threads?
If so, aren't we usually excited when younger people get into Rush and love them enough to join a forum that consists of band fans?
Or is there no correlation at all between age and these threads?

Comments?

I have a comment. I feel that Bonanza was not an accurate depection of the west. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Trance @ Dec 13 2008, 12:06 PM)
Man, who gives a f**k? 

I just got done reading all (I think) of what happened the past two days and the only thing that I give a damn about are Daylin's comments.  People like Daylin are the only real enjoyment I get out of this place anymore, so when I see something like that it bothers me.

Who gives a rat's ass about too many appreciation threads?  If there are too many now then I would bet a month from now there won't be but a couple on the first page.  "Fads" like this come and go fast here.  This really just isn't worth the negativeness, and it sure as hell could never have been worth the potential loss of someone like Daylin.

Second best post in here.... well.... probably first, I can let Dylan go to number 2.

Sonofa... tongue.gif trink39.gif

Man, who gives a f**k? 

I just got done reading all (I think) of what happened the past two days and the only thing that I give a damn about are Daylin's comments.  People like Daylin are the only real enjoyment I get out of this place anymore, so when I see something like that it bothers me.

Who gives a rat's ass about too many appreciation threads?  If there are too many now then I would bet a month from now there won't be but a couple on the first page.  "Fads" like this come and go fast here.  This really just isn't worth the negativeness, and it sure as hell could never have been worth the potential loss of someone like Daylin.

Wow, if this is gonna be about drawing lines in the sand and choosing sides, Maybe i've had enough of this bullshit for awhile. If I am all of a sudden a villian, I should really take a vacation from this board myself. All this, reading into things, and making assumptions is ridiculous. I think Daylin is the best, but if she now holds ill will towards me because of a missunderstanding, there is not much I can do about it. I have had about enough of this nonsence for now. Its time to let cooler heads prevail, and for me to get rid of the animosity thats building in me.

Ok I think EVERYONE needs to just step back and take a break. Too many people are getting too personally insulted or otherwise negatively impacted by all of this. And really... none of it was a big deal to begin with and it's just spiralling into something it never needed to be.

And now we see more and more animosity surrounding what truly is a wonderful place for ALL of us.

Closing this thread. Everyone go enjoy themselves and start thinking about what's great about this place. All of those things are still there. It's time to ease down.

Archived