The Scorpions anyone ?

Wartypig

Saw/photographed them last night and was blown away......I last saw them in the early eighties and wasn't sure what to expect.....They were on fire..

Go see em if you get the chance...It's a good old rip roarin,lung bustin night out. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Pics to follow.......................

An old favorite from high school. I have several of their albums, including the wild, funky early '70's stuff.

Saw them live in '96 with Alice Cooper and Gruntruck. Good times.

First saw them back in '79 most Excellent band. Last saw them supporting Priest a couple of years back, and they played a set packed to the gills with classics, most excellent again. They're touring th eUK in a bit, but unfortunately I can't make any of the shows sad.gif

Yeah I like the band and was well into them in the 80's

I still listen to them these days but mostly Lovedrive, Blackout and Animal Magnetism.

A mate of mine swears by Uli Jon Roth, but alas I don't have Taken by Force or Virgin Killers, In Trance or Fly to the Rainbow... fists crying.gif

I had a scorpions T , when i was 8 years old . that makes me metal .

One of the better hard rock bands of all time IMO.

Klaus Meine is right up there with the best rock vocalists af all time. Still sounds great!

Rudy Schenker? Not Michael but still great! I see Michael is playing with them a bit on this tour. Worth the price of a ticket right there!

Love 'em! yes.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

I remember their ballad "Winds of Change" was pretty good. I can't say I was ever a fan but I liked the popular tunes alright. I think one of them is called "No one like you".

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 16 2008, 08:40 PM)
I remember their ballad "Winds of Change" was pretty good. I can't say I was ever a fan but I liked the popular tunes alright. I think one of them is called "No one like you".

I highly recommend you check out their earlier stuff. They got a little more commercial with "No One Like You" and other "newer" stuff. I think their best ballad was "Always Somewhere".

QUOTE (Lamneth08 @ Oct 16 2008, 09:22 PM)
There seventies stuff kicks ass.

Very different from there 80s output.

I liked everything up until Rock you like a hurricane.

Pretty much sums up my views, although I do like Wind of Change.

Back in the day, my wife & her 5 roomies had a house known as "The Zoo". Quite the party house, and the title Scorps classic was always brought out at the peak of festivities.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Oct 17 2008, 01:37 AM)
One of the better hard rock bands of all time IMO.

Klaus Meine is right up there with the best rock vocalists af all time. Still sounds great!

Rudy Schenker? Not Michael but still great! I see Michael is playing with them a bit on this tour. Worth the price of a ticket right there!

Love 'em!  yes.gif    trink39.gif    new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif    1022.gif

At one stage of the night they had Micheal+ Rudy Schenker , Uli Roth , and Mathias Jabs all on stage at the same time......They even did a version of Doctor Doctor..

Here's a review of the show.. http://www.getreadytorock.com/reviews2008/scorpions_gig.htm

3 words.........

uli jon roth

Uli Jon! I would've loved to see that crazy dude play! In Trance is an awesome album. Cool to see Rudy still playing a "V".

My favorite ballad of theirs is Lady Starlight. But then, that whole album rocked. Probably still my favorite.

Who here remembers their unforgettable performance at the US Festival back in '83?

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Always a great show.The first time that I saw them was on the Blackout tour opening for Rainbow at MSG. When they were done with their set, the crowd called for a real encore, not the one that's built into the set. Instead, they turned the house lights on and people started booing. When Rainbow came out a good amount of the crowd never came back. The Scorps were just that good......Rainbow wasn't

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Oct 17 2008, 02:25 PM)
Who here remembers their unforgettable performance at the US Festival back in '83?

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

wtf happened to media since then ? I remember 11 years old , being floored by what I was seeing on t.v. - and now its all Nelly , and Diddy . No wonder the youth of today is f***ing retarded .

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 16 2008, 04:03 PM)
Yeah I like the band and was well into them in the 80's

I still listen to them these days but mostly Lovedrive, Blackout and Animal Magnetism.

A mate of mine swears by Uli Jon Roth, but alas I don't have Taken by Force or Virgin Killers, In Trance or Fly to the Rainbow... fists crying.gif

The Uli Roth era albums are excellent mate.

The best IMO in this order....

In Trance

Virgin Killer

Taken By Force

Fly To The Rainbow

or just get Tokyo Tapes for live versions of their best early songs smile.gif

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Oct 16 2008, 08:44 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 16 2008, 08:40 PM)

I highly recommend you check out their earlier stuff. They got a little more commercial with "No One Like You" and other "newer" stuff. I think their best ballad was "Always Somewhere".

A great ballad mate but check out Lady Starlight from Animal Magnetism and When The Smoke Is Going Down from Blackout smile.gif

Archived