The Big Lebowski

Rushman14

This should be pretty cool.

This new 2-disc set features ALL of the extras from the collector's edition - the Mortimer Young introduction, the 25-minute The Making of The Big Lebowski featurette, the gallery of Jeff Bridges photos and the production notes - PLUS it adds nearly an hour of additional all-new material! You get no less that FOUR new featurettes (most in anamorphic widescreen), featuring new retrospective interviews with Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Julianne Moore and John Turturro. The Coens even appear a couple times in previously unseen vintage interviews. The Dude's Life (10 mins) and The Dude Abides: The Big Lebowski Ten Years Later (also 10 mins) are both general looks back at the film by the cast, featuring very funny comments, stories and behind-the-scenes footage. Flying Carpets & Bowling Pin Dreams: The Dream Sequences of The Dude (5 mins) focuses on the two 'out of body' moments from the film. There's a featurette called The Lebowski Fest: An Achiever's Story (14 mins, shortened from the longer Achievers documentary) that examines the history of our favorite annual fan gathering, not to mention the fans themselves. It's worth noting that this includes additional interviews with some of the more obscure cast members, and you also get to see some of the various fests over the years. You even get an Interactive Map of all the L.A.-area locations in the film, complete with footage from the film and video of the locations today, in case you've ever wanted to make the pilgrimage yourself. (And what Achiever wouldn't?) The film's theatrical trailer is here too (it was missing from the previous DVD), as is the 'redband' trailer for the Coens' new film, Burn After Reading... which looks pretty good so far.

Best of all, however, you get a featurette called Jeff Bridges' Photo Book (18 mins). During the making of the film, Bridges took dozens of behind-the-scenes photos, and he had them made into a book as a wrap gift for the cast and crew. In this piece, Jeff actually takes you page by page through the book, and he recalls the stories and anecdotes each shot brings to mind. Best of all, you actually get to SEE each image in big, B&W anamorphic widescreen as he talks. The featurette cuts back and forth from the photos to Jeff turning the pages, talking and cracking himself up. It's really wonderful stuff.

Walter : That's the simple part, Dude. When we make the handoff, I grab the guy and beat it out of him.

Dude : Yeah. That's a great plan, Walter. That's f***ing ingenious, if I understand it correctly. That's a Swiss f***ing watch.

We had a choice last year: go see Genesis at the Hollywood Bowl or go to Lebowski Fest at the Knitting Factory. We went for the Genesis shows.

However, on the way back after Genesis Hwood Bowl Show I, we passed the KF and saw some of the Fest attendees: all these Dudes and Maudes and Walters and Quintanas, etc. It was a total scream. They wanted us to stay, but we had just gotten completely rained on at Genesis, so we went next door to my office to get a couple of hot drinks.

QUOTE (Imperatrix @ Aug 27 2008, 04:07 PM)
We had a choice last year: go see Genesis at the Hollywood Bowl or go to Lebowski Fest at the Knitting Factory. We went for the Genesis shows.

However, on the way back after Genesis Hwood Bowl Show I, we passed the KF and saw some of the Fest attendees: all these Dudes and Maudes and Walters and Quintanas, etc. It was a total scream. They wanted us to stay, but we had just gotten completely rained on at Genesis, so we went next door to my office to get a couple of hot drinks.

A Lebowski Fest? Really?

I have to say this was one of the weirdest movies I ever saw. Dodn't hate it, didn't love it. It was just. . .weird.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Aug 31 2008, 08:55 PM)
QUOTE (Imperatrix @ Aug 27 2008, 04:07 PM)
We had a choice last year: go see Genesis at the Hollywood Bowl or go to Lebowski Fest at the Knitting Factory.  We went for the Genesis shows.

However, on the way back after Genesis Hwood Bowl Show I, we passed the KF and saw some of the Fest attendees: all these Dudes and Maudes and Walters and Quintanas, etc.  It was a total scream.  They wanted us to stay, but we had just gotten completely rained on at Genesis, so we went next door to my office to get a couple of hot drinks.

A Lebowski Fest? Really?

I have to say this was one of the weirdest movies I ever saw. Dodn't hate it, didn't love it. It was just. . .weird.

Honest---a real Lebowski fest! Here's the link to that one from last year:

http://lebowskifest.com/la2007.asp

I think TBL has to grow on a person, kinda like a fungus. laugh.gif It took me about two months to have it just kind of...crawl into my brain.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511m3hu5imL._SS500_.jpg

I might get this.

I'm gonna have to check this out...

Yeah, TBL is a strange one. It took a couple of viewings for me to "get it", but sometimes that's cool when you have a movie (or album by a band) that has a kind of hidden charm. I think I just mentioned recently in another thread that the Coen's are considering a movie as a sideline story based on the Jesus Quintana. Not really a prequel or a sequel. I like my idea of a "Holy Trilogy" of movies based on these characters.

Anyone else here a Dudeist priest?

QUOTE (Turn Me On Dead Man @ Sep 3 2008, 03:37 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 3 2008, 01:35 PM)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511m3hu5imL._SS500_.jpg

I might get this.

How much do they want for it?

I'm guessing it's over $30.

Nope. It's $24 at Amazon and $27 at Best Buy. Those are the only two I checked.

laugh.gif

Brilliant packaging!

Remember: don't go buy it on the Shabbot!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 4 2008, 04:14 AM)
Remember: don't go buy it on the Shabbot!

That's SHOMER FCUKING SHABBOS, man!