the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

hmmm

Been a while since I heard Feels Good to Me. but I really dig One Of A Kind, always have.

And yeah, I did manage to get UK's Danger Money. Workin' on the Brand X though.

We're pretty fortunate out here.. the Valley still has a couple of great second-hand record stores. And there's still Amoeba in Hollywood.

Dude, there must still be some places to get music. It's NYfreakin'C! And why so much reliance on the chain stores bro? Live a little... find an indie store.

Sundown dazzling day, gold through my eyes, but my eyes turned within, only see...starless and bible black. Ice blue silver sky, fades into grey, to a grey hope that, oh years to be...starless and bible black. Old friend charity, cruel twisted smile and the smile signals emptiness for me...starless and bible black.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 18 2010, 12:05 AM)
Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a scream...wave upon wave of demented avengers...march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

Roger Waters get a lot of flak for his singing voice, but I can't imagine anyone else singing that lyric.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 17 2010, 11:20 PM)
Roger Waters get a lot of flak for his singing voice, but I can't imagine anyone else singing that lyric.

How about the only man besides Gilmour that ever has...Roy Harper?

Bet, to this day, he still regrets that decision he made on 'Have A Cigar'

...That song woulda sound just fine with a Waters vocal...He wasn't confident enough in his ability to deliver it though...Crazy.

I wasn't able to way back when, but now, every time that I hear that song, it's Waters voice that I'm hearing in my head and not Harper's...

The lyrics are the archetypal Waters-style of lyric writing...just coming out of someone else's piehole.

It's the trailer for the new MyChem record. Haters, please GTFO tongue.gif , those who actually want to watch it... hope you enjoy it, and I also hope that you pick up/download/listen to the record when it comes out.

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Sep 19 2010, 10:50 PM)
You could set a watch to Neil Peart's drumming. It's absolutely 100% rhythmically infallible.

in the earlier days he sped up sometimes. alot of people do it (especially in rock) so its hardly noticeable but..yeah..

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Sep 20 2010, 12:05 AM)
The Camel tune "The Snow Goose" is one of the most beautiful things i've ever heard.

True dat...One of the first titles from the genre that someone steered me towards after showing my very first stirrings of interest. Great album to fall asleep to.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 19 2010, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Sep 20 2010, 01:05 AM)
The Camel tune "The Snow Goose" is one of the most beautiful things i've ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVJklh5GzGQ

That's just an excerpt, but it's enough to make me want to hear the whole thing. yes.gif

Yeah! it's just so brilliant. What I watched was Camel performing excerpts from "The Snow Goose" on The Old Grey Whistle Test in 1975. It's just mesmerizing.

Camel - Snow Goose Excerpts

Just brilliant...

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Sep 24 2010, 12:17 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 23 2010, 10:21 PM)
Hmmm... I think Chris Squire out-stung Sting with "Lucky Seven", before Sting even recorded a note.

Don't understand the comparison

I don't know. I like the jazzy feel the song has and the saxophone reminded me of some solo Sting. I liked it better than the Sting stuff. I guess four Newcastle Brown Ales will do that. confused13.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 24 2010, 04:19 PM)
Hmmm... I think Chris Squire out-stung Sting with "Lucky Seven", before Sting even recorded a note.

I don't know. I like the jazzy feel the song has and the saxophone reminded me of some solo Sting. I liked it better than the Sting stuff. I guess four Newcastle Brown Ales will do that. confused13.gif

I once got rotten on that shit. Never again no.gif Ahhh, that's the Broon Ales, not solo Sting, incase you were wondering.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 24 2010, 12:45 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 24 2010, 04:19 PM)

I once got rotten on that shit. Never again no.gif Ahhh, that's the Broon Ales, not solo Sting, incase you were wondering.

I know one thing I'm certain of - I'm going to have a headache tomorrow! trink38.gif

Not sure why but Cracklin Rosie by Neil Diamond is one of my most fav songs ever.

I mean I wouldnt say I'm a Neil Diamond fan at all, but my dad told me i used to make him play that song over and over when I was little, its now one of the top played songs on my ipod.

I mean not many 21 year olds rock too much Cracklin Rosie new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif