the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

I'm finally listening to The Smiths. My second cousin let me rip Meat is Murder back on Spring Break, and I'm finally listening to it. Is it a crime that this is the first time I've heard anything by The Smiths?

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 30 2010, 12:06 PM)
I'm finally listening to The Smiths. My second cousin let me rip Meat is Murder back on Spring Break, and I'm finally listening to it. Is it a crime that this is the first time I've heard anything by The Smiths?

You really want me to answer that? tongue.gif

My daughter today asked if Red Sector A is about the holocaust. Then we sang the lyrics to Distant Early Warning

QUOTE (Steevo @ May 29 2010, 09:04 PM)

What would be a crime is if I said I didn't like it. laugh.gif

Fortunately, I'm not guilty of such a crime. The album was awesome.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 30 2010, 01:17 PM)

Just wait until you hear 'The Queen is Dead' if you thought MiM was that good. Happy listening atickhum.gif

As of right now, I have heard all ten albums and 117 songs in my iTunes library that have been released in 2010. Haven't yet heard all of the records a lot, but this is still pretty good considering I'm only five months into the year and I've already heard ten records released this year. I was nowhere near this number last year. Then again, last year was more about me getting in touch with modern music moreso than collecting albums from the year.

Just realized that Green Day's "She" is my favorite song from Dookie, and probably a top 5 song for their pre-American Idiot records.

QUOTE (Steevo @ May 30 2010, 03:43 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 30 2010, 01:17 PM)

Just wait until you hear 'The Queen is Dead' if you thought MiM was that good. Happy listening atickhum.gif

Zan, enjoy your Smiths journey. Nothing will ever be the same again.

(Showing my age here, I remember playing Meat Is Murder the week it was released, my brother bought it, I was 14 I think)

I went to a yard sale twice in 2 days. This guy was selling cd's for 2 bucks and they were all from the late 60's and 70's and early 80's. Stuff like Pink Floyd, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Tom Petty, Molly Hatchet, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Fleetwood Mac, America, Heart, Moody Blues, and more.

I spent way too much but scored a ton of classics.

Best Part: they were MINT condition, as in they looked like they were opened once, and never played again. It was like Christmas morning!!

The guy said he's selling them cuz he's ripping them into his computer. He says this coming weekend he's putting out even more. I cant even afford to buy more but I feel like I really should go again. I know if I do I'll end up spending 25-30 bucks or more. What should I do.......

Edited by Bastille Dave

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Jun 2 2010, 07:06 AM)
I went to a yard sale twice in 2 days. This guy was selling cd's for 2 bucks and they were all from the late 60's and 70's and early 80's. Stuff like Pink Floyd, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Tom Petty, Molly Hatchet, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Fleetwood Mac, America, Heart, Moody Blues, and more.

Best Part: they were MINT condition, as in they looked like they were opened once, and never played again. It was like Christmas morning!!

The guy said he's selling them cuz he's ripping them into his computer. He says this coming weekend he's putting out even more. I cant even afford to buy more but I feel like I really should go again. I know if I do I'll end up spending 25-30 bucks or more. What should I do.......

If they're in great condition and they're only $2 a cd, go for it! You're getting a lot more for your money than you would get if you went to a store.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 2 2010, 12:47 PM)

If they're in great condition and they're only $2 a cd, go for it! You're getting a lot more for your money than you would get if you went to a store.

I think I'll go and not tell my wife.

is that wrong?

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Jun 3 2010, 09:41 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 2 2010, 12:47 PM)

I think I'll go and not tell my wife.

is that wrong?

Absolutely not.

It's in page 16 of the husbands handbook.

Anyone heard of a band called Amplifier? Haven't heard all their stuff but quite enjoyed the album Insider in particular a track called 'O Fortuna' there's definitely a Rush influence in there.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jun 3 2010, 05:26 AM)
Chris Cornell should be given the title God sometime soon. As in official title.

I don't know about that. After hearing some audio from the Soungarden reunion I can think of another title he deserves. laugh.gif

So now that Justin Bieber is established, a challenger appears! Some 12-year-old kid named Cody Simpson... I saw his single on the iTunes store, and I thought it was Charlie from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. laugh.gif I sampled one song, and I don't know how to say it, but... he makes Bieber sound like a f***ing baritone. What next, an 8-year-old boy who sounds like a dog whistle?