New Metallica Single out Tomorrow

For those of you Metallica fans out there, the new Metallica single, "The Day That Never Comes" will be released to radio stations tomorrow. The new single will be available for radio programmers to download via proprietary sources on 8/21 at 11AM PST.

Hopefully it's better than their last offering....imo.

if their last album sounded like MASTER OF PUPPETS i would be happy to hear it. it did not, so i'm not. no.gif

QUOTE (King Troll @ Aug 20 2008, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 20 2008, 02:48 PM)
if their last album sounded like MASTER OF PUPPETS  i would be happy to hear it. it did not, so i'm not. no.gif

Come on, give them a chance.

i really want too, but from what i have heard 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 20 2008, 09:34 PM)
Even if it was their best album ever I still wouldn't bother with it....I've vowed to boycott these assholes ever since they put my name on their pathetic "rat" list back during the Napster fiasco.  Rating on their own fans...PATHETIC!

Bitter are we? tongue.gif

I think going after specific fans was a poor move. I think going after Napster, however, was not. Say what you want, but all artists deserve to get paid for the work they do, no matter how filthy rich or struggling artist. I know people who haven't purchased ONE SINGLE SONG (let alone an entire CD) in 4 or 5 years now and their yet their CD collections have grown expotentially in that time because all they do are Bear Share and any other multitude of free sites.

I don't think that's right, especially when new songs and albums become available before their release date.

I don't mind sharing music such as to turn someone on to an artist with the expectation that they'll like it and buy that artist's music. Or I'll even crib a song early or even an album....BUT I'll ALWAYS buy it from the artist when it's officially released. In a way I'm guilty of what Napster was doing, but I wasn't doing it for a living either. Those guys became rich off the advertising dollars generated by sharing songs and avoiding copyright law. We, as consumers making mix tapes, so to speak, are essentially doing the same...but we're not profiting from it. I see a big difference between the two, personally. Feel free to your own opinion.

In the end Napster was found guilty on three copyright infringement charges in a court of law and justifiably so, I think. Metallica and Dr. Dre and maybe some others (I think) were wrong to go after the fans themselves. Since the days of recordable devices we've been cribbing songs and sharing them....it's when you become a multi-millionaire off of someone else's property without sharing that revenue that you cross the line into illegality. Apparently the courts think so too.

Im checking out the new single right now. It isnt that bad but something I have noticed about new Metallica is that its all starting to sound the same and sound like they are trying to relive their older stuff. I am interested in hearing the rest of the album though.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 21 2008, 07:55 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 20 2008, 09:34 PM)
Even if it was their best album ever I still wouldn't bother with it....I've vowed to boycott these assholes ever since they put my name on their pathetic "rat" list back during the Napster fiasco.  Rating on their own fans...PATHETIC!

Bitter are we? tongue.gif

I think going after specific fans was a poor move. I think going after Napster, however, was not. Say what you want, but all artists deserve to get paid for the work they do, no matter how filthy rich or struggling artist. I know people who haven't purchased ONE SINGLE SONG (let alone an entire CD) in 4 or 5 years now and their yet their CD collections have grown expotentially in that time because all they do are Bear Share and any other multitude of free sites.

I don't think that's right, especially when new songs and albums become available before their release date.

I don't mind sharing music such as to turn someone on to an artist with the expectation that they'll like it and buy that artist's music. Or I'll even crib a song early or even an album....BUT I'll ALWAYS buy it from the artist when it's officially released. In a way I'm guilty of what Napster was doing, but I wasn't doing it for a living either. Those guys became rich off the advertising dollars generated by sharing songs and avoiding copyright law. We, as consumers making mix tapes, so to speak, are essentially doing the same...but we're not profiting from it. I see a big difference between the two, personally. Feel free to your own opinion.

In the end Napster was found guilty on three copyright infringement charges in a court of law and justifiably so, I think. Metallica and Dr. Dre and maybe some others (I think) were wrong to go after the fans themselves. Since the days of recordable devices we've been cribbing songs and sharing them....it's when you become a multi-millionaire off of someone else's property without sharing that revenue that you cross the line into illegality. Apparently the courts think so too.

The thing is I already had all their albums at that time. I was listening to Metallica before the whole mainstream success even happened for them.

I downloaded like 5 songs of theirs strictly to make a compilation because this was in the days before CD ripper prgrams were readily available like they are now.

Anyways like a lot of people I think their music went to shit after the Black Album and pretty much think they are not the same band anymore. They more or less "jumped the shark" when Cliff died. Their whole attitude about their succes (especially Lars) just went into the toilet and turned me right off to their music.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Aug 21 2008, 07:55 AM)

I know people who haven't purchased ONE SINGLE SONG (let alone an entire CD) in 4 or 5 years now and their yet their CD collections have grown expotentially in that time because all they do are Bear Share and any other multitude of free sites.

I'm the totally opposite. There are probably at least 50 cds in my collection that otherwise wouldn't be in there if it wasn't for downloading them to check them out. There will be many more as well.

Not everybody are leeches just for the sake of saving a buck. It's sort of like my personal radio programming because we all seriously know the real radio stations out there are not pushing music people really like to check out. Especially when it is the same garbage over and over again.

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 21 2008, 01:29 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 21 2008, 02:22 PM)
Im listening to the new song now!

That wasnt too bad!! I like the ending!

something tell's me i will like when it ends also

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 21 2008, 02:39 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 21 2008, 01:29 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 21 2008, 02:22 PM)
Im listening to the new song now!

That wasnt too bad!! I like the ending!

something tell's me i will like when it ends also

laugh.gif

After one listen, not sure what to think. Certainly is a polished sound. I liked some of the riffs but its kinda like they are treading water. I would say the same about Megadeth too. Metal is a young mans game by and large IMO.

this crap sounds like a mix of the black album, load and re-load. they are so far removed from the band i grew up listening to it is sickening. james really think's he is a singer now. i have now offically given up all hope . 20 years of waiting for something that makes me say HOLY SHIT they are back . nope, gone forever in my book . the band that was is no more . IMO

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 21 2008, 04:26 PM)
this crap sounds like a mix of the black album, load and re-load. they are so far removed from the band i grew up listening to it is sickening. james really think's he is a singer now. i have now offically given up all hope . 20 years of waiting for something that makes me say HOLY SHIT they are back . nope, gone forever in my book . the band that was is no more . IMO

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 21 2008, 03:26 PM)

Well it happens to all of us, it happened to Rush, now it happens to Metallica.

Forget the future, trade on past glories, that's the way forward smile.gif

Archived