Faith No More

I was at the mall and I went to the stand that a guy normally sets up that has cheap used CD's and vinyls. The other day, I saw a CD by Faith No More and on a whim, I bought it for $3.

All I can say is that this is one bizarre band, but I think I like it. It's like jazz + funk + metal + rock...

Anybody else listen to these guys?

I remember they came along around the time of grunge. The singer had long hair, shorts, and tube socks in his videos as I recall.

My fiance likes them...I just find it bizarre. confused13.gif

However..."Land of Sunshine" is pretty cool... bolt.gif

I don't know everything by them, but I do know one song - Midlife Crisis. What can I say, it was on Tony Hawk Underground 2 and GTA: San Andreas, and it's a pretty good tune! yes.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jul 23 2008, 01:22 PM)
I was at the mall and I went to the stand that a guy normally sets up that has cheap used CD's and vinyls. The other day, I saw a CD by Faith No More and on a whim, I bought it for $3.

All I can say is that this is one bizarre band, but I think I like it. It's like jazz + funk + metal + rock...

Anybody else listen to these guys?

Your discovering FNM- now ?!?!?!?! - lol

anyways , they really arent that bizarre , when you think of all the other projects patton / spruence are connected to .

just check out -

mr bungle - disco volante'

faxed head - exhumed at birth

naked city - anything

or pattons - adult themes for voice

- you aint heard weird yet boy !

biggrin.gif

any band that can take and cover Lionel Richie's Easy Like Sunday Morning, and kick ass with it..then go to Fal to Pieces and well what you guys already said...

and Mike Bordin's one helluva good drummer!

FNM were never one of my fav bands, but I did see them in concert a few times and they were always entertaining. I remember seeing them do a pretty cool version of War Pigs at one of the shows. Here's a version I stumbled across.

1022.gif 1022.gif

I like Faith No More and in particular Mr. Bungle, wish there were more than three albums. I used to get strange looks for playing Mr. Bungle at work. I had a co-worker that was actually frightened by Disco Volante.

these guys are cool, not bizarre at all. huge influence on tons of bands these days. linkin park should give these guys a commission since they took what fnm did and just updated it a bit and took it in a more pop-oriented direction.

FAITH NO MORE were a most awesome collective. I was a big fan of their three core recordings back in the day. I saw them as being completely fearless in an age of total and utter conformity. They made music totally unlikely any of their contemporaries and weren't afraid to integrate any and every style into their own. But, it seemed that people were hungering for this type of individuality because their popularity grew quickly. I first heard them on college radio, and within a year or so they were on everyone mind. The band dissolved before their time and its members seemed to fade into obsurity.

Now, this decade, we see the resurgence of its most recognizable member - Vocalist, Mike Patton. This guy has his hands in everything as of late. The guy's as adventuresome as he was back in his FNM days. Maybe even more so. The man is involved, as a part-time to full-time member, in three to four bands, as well as delivering solo projects and dabbling in film scores as well. I can mention two of his recent recordings that are AS GOOD as anything he did with FNM. His band 'Tomahawk' delivered an album, entitled 'Mit Gas'. This recording is the type of high quality, Avant-Garde & Alternative Metal which was synonymous with FNM. Super catchy tracks, despite of its Avant leanings. Definitely a worthy acquisition. Then, he did a Hip-Hop album under the name of 'Peeping Tom', which also encorporates all of the elements which is characteristic of a Mike Patton recording. I can name other sessions which are worth exploring, but these two albums will make you wonder why you never thought to see what this guy was up to all these years. I think Mike Patton is just one brilliant cat.

One of my favorite side projects of his is the Lovage - Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By album. Dan the Automator did the music and the lady from Elysian Fields and Patton sing. Well, she does. Mike mostly talks in this creepy fake "sexy" voice. It's like a weird Portishead album about sex.

Archived