The Far Cry chord

Lrigyttiw

Guitar players:

I was strumming around a writer's block the other night, and I think I found Alex's Far Cry chord:

it's an F sharp something. It's also a well used Nancy Wilson chord, in different keys though (Mistral Wind).

What do you think?

Edited by Lrigyttiw

QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 16 2008, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jul 16 2008, 09:00 AM)
Alex owns that chord.  Every time you play it, he gets like 15 cents or something. biggrin.gif

Uh oh! I owe him some serious cash! doh.gif

And 8 cents if you play it on any other root.

That chord also happens to be the Hemispheres chord, the main chord on the intro to Digital Man and the first chord on the electric break of The Trees.

Very nice chord

QUOTE (tHobbs @ Jul 16 2008, 12:34 PM)
That chord also happens to be the Hemispheres chord, the main chord on the intro to Digital Man and the first chord on the electric break of The Trees.

Very nice chord

The chord is also used in Cygnus X-1. I was playing the R30 overture yesterday and when I got to the Cygnus X-1 part, I was like...hey..there it is again!

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jul 17 2008, 08:00 AM)

Very nice chord

The chord is also used in Cygnus X-1. I was playing the R30 overture yesterday and when I got to the Cygnus X-1 part, I was like...hey..there it is again!

i dont think he plays the whle chord there....i assume yur talking about the part where it goes...

1 <<<new note

and it reapeats a lot.....i donth think that's the whole chord....just a power chord.....the key to that chord is the high notes.

although.....your really good at guitar and im not....so i am probably wrong.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (_pete_ @ Jul 21 2008, 07:46 AM)
QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jul 16 2008, 12:00 PM)
Alex owns that chord.  Every time you play it, he gets like 15 cents or something. biggrin.gif

Can someone give me a loan?

I'll but another guitar off you if that helps _pete_!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ Jul 18 2008, 02:27 AM)

Very nice chord

i dont think he plays the whle chord there....i assume yur talking about the part where it goes...

1 <<<new note

and it reapeats a lot.....i donth think that's the whole chord....just a power chord.....the key to that chord is the high notes.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I think you're right. I don't recall the chord being in Cygnus, but it would not surprise me if it was.

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ Jul 17 2008, 10:27 PM)

Very nice chord

1 <<<new note

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Well thanks for the compliment!

I'm not sure what part you were describing but listen to the album version @ 3:09. To me ears, he clearly plays the entire chord with the upper notes. That is the way I play the song and it sounds correct to me. Check it out and let me know what you think.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jul 21 2008, 10:09 AM)
QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ Jul 17 2008, 10:27 PM)

Very nice chord

1 <<<new note

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Well thanks for the compliment!

I'm not sure what part you were describing but listen to the album version @ 3:09. To me ears, he clearly plays the entire chord with the upper notes. That is the way I play the song and it sounds correct to me. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Oh...we were talking about different parts....at 3:09....that is the full chord...

i was talking about that pattern that repeats over and over starting at 3:36

holy crap....this song rocks...

rofl3.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 21 2008, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (_pete_ @ Jul 21 2008, 07:46 AM)
QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jul 16 2008, 12:00 PM)

Can someone give me a loan?

I'll but another guitar off you if that helps _pete_!

laugh.gif

You can't be serious!