Rush fan still missing

GeddyRulz

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/Lyall3.jpghttp://www.crimejunkies.com/Site/SUZANNE_LYALL_files/droppedImage.jpghttp://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/lyall.jpg

I'd like to add this thread in a couple of our forums here. This one seems like a good choice, as the family of the missing young woman have ammended their search by distributing leaflets at Rush concerts; I've now seen them at both the S&A 2007 Saratoga show and the S&A 2008 Saratoga show.

Suzanne Lyall is a Rush fan. (Note the Counterparts t-shirt in the middle picture.) She was a sophomore at the State University of New York at Albany, and she worked part-time at Babbage's (a software store) in the nearby Crossgates Mall.

On the evening of March 2, 1998, Suzanne - then 19 years-old, but just two months away from turning 20 - left the Crossgates Mall on a public bus and was seen disembarking at the uptown Albany campus at approximately 9:45 PM. She hasn't been seen since, and is now 30 years-old. Her family is desperate.

One further clue: on the following day, March 3, at approximately 4 PM, Suzanne's mother made a call to Suzanne's bank, to check for activity on her ATM card. At the close of a 20-minute conversation with a bank representative, Suzanne's mother was told there was activity on the card at that very minute - at the Stewart's convenient store on the corner of Central Avenue and Manning Boulevard!

In addition to being an avid Rush fan, "Suzy" was also an avid computer user and enjoyed conversing online... making my appeal to everyone here all the more appropriate. Anyone with information about Suzanne Lyall can call the New York State Police at 1-800-920-4150, or the SUNY Police at 518-442 9819.

DESCRIPTION

Date of Birth: April 6, 1978

Place of Birth: Saratoga, NY

Hair: Light brown with highlights

Height: 5'3"

Eyes: Blue (wears contacts or glasses)

Weight: 175 pounds

REMARKS

Suzy has a birthmark on her left calf, a mole on her left cheek beneath her ear lobe, and a surgical scar on her left foot.

LINKS

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Suzan...all&btnG=Search

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is so sad . god bless her and her family

Never heard about this before... I hope she will be found. Prayers go out to the family. rose.gif

sad.gif That poor girl, and her family.

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jul 6 2008, 04:58 PM)
Wow 10 yrs I pray she is OK

All of us (quite sensibly) know that isn't likely, but I wonder whether her family thinks the same.

From the flier I was handed on Saturday evening, it seems the family is acting as though Suzy is still alive... and not just that, but also able to freely enjoy Rush concerts and communicate online. Perhaps that's a necessary "trick of the mind" you play on yourself when your loved one is missing, to keep your sanity and keep you from thinking the worst. (The flier addresses Suzy directly at one point: "If you are reading this message, know that your family has not forgotten you. We are doing everything possible to bring you home safely. We love you." Apparently, the family thinks it possible that Suzy is alive and able to read their message.)

On the other hand, perhaps the family has prepared themselves for the more likely scenario - that Suzanne was abducted, suffered, and is now dead somewhere. Her mother made a statement about "wanting closure." You usually don't use such words unless you're thinking of a still missing murder victim and/or an unpunished murderer.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 7 2008, 08:34 AM)

All of us (quite sensibly) know that isn't likely, but I wonder whether her family thinks the same.

From the flier I was handed on Saturday evening, it seems the family is acting as though Suzy is still alive... and not just that, but also able to freely enjoy Rush concerts and communicate online. Perhaps that's a necessary "trick of the mind" you play on yourself when your loved one is missing, to keep your sanity and keep you from thinking the worst. (The flier addresses Suzy directly at one point: "If you are reading this message, know that your family has not forgotten you. We are doing everything possible to bring you home safely. We love you." Apparently, the family thinks it possible that Suzy is alive and able to read their message.)

On the other hand, perhaps the family has prepared themselves for the more likely scenario - that Suzanne was abducted, suffered, and is now dead somewhere. Her mother made a statement about "wanting closure." You usually don't use such words unless you're thinking of a still missing murder victim and/or an unpunished murderer.

I would want to believe she was still alive if she was my sister, even though the chances are grim. After 24 hours of someone disappearing their chances of survival hit's rock bottom. It would be so awesome to find she's still alive and well.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 7 2008, 12:39 PM)
While this is very sad and my heart goes out to the family, this posting seems rather random. Has anything happened in the news of late regarding her? Because we're talking 10 years here...

When I opened it I assumed this had happened within the month

The only thing that's happened of late is that her family handed out fliers at the Saratoga Rush concert on Saturday, just as they did at last year's Saratoga show.

But this time, the flier spoke to me. I think Rush fans should help one of their own, in the spirit of the band.

That was very nice of you to start this thread GeddyRulz and it shows a true sense of community spirit with the people in the ALBANY and SARATOGA SPRINGS area. I really hope for the family's sake that there will be some kind of breakthrough or that there can be closure.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 7 2008, 08:34 AM)

I doubt they have hope that their girl would be at the concert, but maybe a RUSH fan may cross paths with her somewhere else.

Not likely but hope can go a long way.

bumper.gif

I don't know who to feel more sorry for -- the girl or her family. sad.gif

I really hope she gets found. Prayers and thoughts towards Suzanne and the Lyall family. rose.gif sad.gif

Edited by Show Don't Tell

sad.gif Sad indeed!!! God bless her and her desperate family!! We will keep her in our prayers! yes.gif

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!! Miracles can happen!!!

Just last year in St. Louis the police recovered Shawn Hornbeck who had been missing for more than 4 years!!! And even though he had been kidnapped, they later learned that he was able to go out alone and had seen news coverage about his parents searching for him but he was too scarred to call for help. Miracles happen every day!!

bumper.gif