Rush fan still missing

GeddyRulz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm a glass half-full kind of person, but she doesn't have to be dead. In my psychology class last semester we learned about fugue states...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugue_state

... I'm going to hope that this is all that has happened... but I dunno... 10 years... such a sad story...

Edited by New World Kid

I was truly astonished to learn the statistics for 'missing persons' in the U.S. The numbers are just staggering. It's hard to describe the feeling you're left with if any depth of thought is given to the subject...when the reality of it all sinks in ... It's like the U.S. is a single human community, and on the outskirts of that community exists a pack of blood-thirsty wolves. The wolves prowl the periphery quietly and go mostly unnoticed by the masses. Unnoticed, that is, until a member of that community drifts too close to the fringes, and then they're swooped up by the wolf pack with no evidence of their abduction left behind. These wolves are all around us at all times and somehow they've done a great job of fitting in. Pickin' us off one by one. The wolves winning. Edited by naturalsciences101

bumper.gif

The TV show "Disappeared" on the Investigation Discovery channel ("ID") is airing the Suzanne Lyall story tonight (Monday, 3/26) at 9PM eastern time. The episode is called "Final Exam." I'm DVR'ing it.

Maybe you're new to this thread and don't want to read all three pages, so here's the basics:

Suzy was a college student at SUNY Albany (my hometown), and a big Rush fan. She worked at a computer software store at a nearby mall. After finishing her shift late one night, she took a city bus back to the SUNY campus, stepped off the bus, and hasn't been seen since. That was in March of 1998. Her family hands out fliers about her when Rush play our area. You can learn more details on tonight's "Disappeared" show.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 26 2012, 07:38 AM)
bumper.gif

The TV show "Disappeared" on the Investigation Discovery channel ("ID") is airing the Suzanne Lyall story tonight (Monday, 3/26) at 9PM eastern time.  The episode is called "Final Exam."  I'm DVR'ing it.

Maybe you're new to this thread and don't want to read all three pages, so here's the basics: 

Suzy was a college student at SUNY Albany (my hometown), and a big Rush fan.  She worked at a computer software store at a nearby mall.  After finishing her shift late one night, she took a city bus back to the SUNY campus, stepped off the bus, and hasn't been seen since.  That was in March of 1998.  Her family hands out fliers about her when Rush play our area.  You can learn more details on tonight's "Disappeared" show.

Just finished watching. So very sad, and incredibly frustrating to watch how all the leads fall flat.

Edited by Xanadoood

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 26 2012, 07:38 AM)
bumper.gif

The TV show "Disappeared" on the Investigation Discovery channel ("ID") is airing the Suzanne Lyall story tonight (Monday, 3/26) at 9PM eastern time.  The episode is called "Final Exam."  I'm DVR'ing it.

Suzy was a college student at SUNY Albany (my hometown), and a big Rush fan.  She worked at a computer software store at a nearby mall.  After finishing her shift late one night, she took a city bus back to the SUNY campus, stepped off the bus, and hasn't been seen since.  That was in March of 1998.  Her family hands out fliers about her when Rush play our area.  You can learn more details on tonight's "Disappeared" show.

I missed it. Wonder if they will show it again? It's crazy how many beautiful young women are dissappering lately. Lauren Spierer(whose parents are from NY I believe) dissappered from here in Indiana at IU last summer and still no good leads. Same with Holly Bobo from Tennessee a case that garnered a lot of national attention. Wonder if the family has resorted to psychics or something?

Edited by presto123

How sad. I cannot imagine how that must feel - my heart goes out to her family and friends. sad.gif

I think Suzy's mother Mary has been told not to make accusations, due to legal issues, but she suspects the boyfriend. It was subtle in the show: how she didn't think he was upset about Suzy's disappearance, how they'd had problems with their relationship, how he was "possessive" of Suzy, how Suzy had tried breaking-up with him a few times, and the mother's suspicion that Suzy had secretly begun dating someone else. There's more pointing to the boyfriend, but if Mary Lyall is keeping quiet, I should too.

It was a revelation to me that authorities want to talk to him some more, but he's hired an attorney to speak for him. What innocent and bereaved person would do that?

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 27 2012, 07:04 AM)
I think Suzy's mother Mary has been told not to make accusations, due to legal issues, but she suspects the boyfriend. It was subtle in the show: how she didn't think he was upset about Suzy's disappearance, how they'd had problems with their relationship, how he was "possessive" of Suzy, how Suzy had tried breaking-up with him a few times, and the mother's suspicion that Suzy had secretly begun dating someone else. There's more pointing to the boyfriend, but if Mary Lyall is keeping quiet, I should too.

It was a revelation to me that authorities want to talk to him some more, but he's hired an attorney to speak for him. What innocent and bereaved person would do that?

Yup, me and my girlfriend were saying the same thing. Very suspicious. That situation with the ATM is so frustrating as well.

I watched this show tonight.

I can't even imagine what her parents and family have gone through. The not knowing would drive me insane, I think.

It's really sad in that, at least according to the show, there's nothing. I mean, nothing. Nowhere to go at all.

The boyfriend lawyering up was a little suspicious, but his alibi seemed solid.

My heart goes out to these folks. As the father of a 17 year old girl...I don't even want to think about it.

Can't find a "flyer" exactly, but there's lots of information about Suzanne Lyall on the Net. Google her name.

Here's a news clip about the family handing out flyers at a Rush concert:

http://mohawkvalley.ynn.com/content/top_st...ers/?ap=1&Flash