NEWS, WEATHER, and SPORTS!

The Owl

Nice read, as are all the news articles he writes! smile.gif

Always a highlight of the month.

Noted the mention of a menacing psycho in Denver - yikes! What are some people thinking?

cool, thank's

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 20 2008, 08:48 AM)
Psycho in Denver... Isn't that where the woman who claims he's trying to psychically control her lives?

If someone were to psychically control my life, I could think of worse people than Neil Peart to man the boards.

I think he has better things to do with his time, though.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jun 20 2008, 08:46 AM)
Noted the mention of a menacing psycho in Denver - yikes! What are some people thinking?

Remember kiddies, if you ask Neil for his Autograph, be prepared for a leather clad, bike helmeted goon to turn up in your doorstep and give you a good kicking. smile.gif

QUOTE (KenCleanAirsystem @ Jun 20 2008, 09:35 AM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jun 20 2008, 08:46 AM)
Noted the mention of a menacing psycho in Denver - yikes!  What are some people thinking?

Remember kiddies, if you ask Neil for his Autograph, be prepared for a leather clad, bike helmeted goon to turn up in your doorstep and give you a good kicking. smile.gif

I read Traveling Music and there was a part of the book where he mentioned some wacko leaving a six pack of beer at Neil's hotel room door. Neil didn't know the guy, and the guy called his room and asked him if he got beer. The guy started rambling on about how he's a friend to Neil. wacko.gif

Don't forget about the one where some guy that told him he's always felt a psychic connection to Neil. laugh.gif

OK, here is the CRAZY thing...

You know you're a rush freak when you read Neil's writings in HIS voice- not your own.

That is just plain scary, but I just caught myself doing it!

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jun 20 2008, 10:15 AM)
You know you're a rush freak when you read Neil's writings in HIS voice- not your own.

You can do Neil's voice? Accent and all? Cool. . .

Or did you mean that when you were reading you "heard" it as if he were reading it to you? As in narrated in his own voice? Because I do that. . .not just with Neil. ph34r.gif

"During that day I watched the finished edit for our live DVD from last October in Rotterdam. It looked really good..."

Does anyone know what this is referring to and if it's due for release?

His voice, in MY head.

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jun 20 2008, 11:42 AM)
His voice, in MY head.

OK. . .that's kinda what I thought you meant. No, you aren't crazy. Reading is sort of a self-directed narration anyway, so if I happen to be familiar with the writer's voice, that's the voice I "hear" while I'm reading.

QUOTE (Fritter @ Jun 20 2008, 11:39 AM)
"During that day I watched the finished edit for our live DVD from last October in Rotterdam. It looked really good..."

Does anyone know what this is referring to and if it's due for release?

It's got to be "Snakes & Arrows Live" , due out in August, I think.

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Jun 20 2008, 03:15 PM)

I hear ya - his voice is very distinctive, it comes across strongly in his writing, and it booms like billio on the Boys In Brazil doc - I've had complaints from upstairs!

QUOTE (Atomic @ Jun 20 2008, 03:06 PM)
Neil doesn't have an accent. cool.gif

Just a slight Canadian one on certain words. . .maybe he'd say we have an accent. biggrin.gif

Of course living in California, the land of the accent-free species, might've watered things down some.

Archived