Favorite Song from Permanent Waves

DigitalMan1001

wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

Good lord this is impossible....hardest decision I've made all week....

I absolutely ADORE each and every song on this album, but I have to go with Natural Science, just edging TSOR. I can still remember the first time I heard both of these songs.

How could anyone not like Jacob's Ladder? It's probably the most progressive song they have!!

I love it on Exit...Stage Left right after the instrumental section starts and the background keyboards come in. So powerful and awesome. This song is my favourite for sure. Such an image conjurer

Wouldn't like to say for certain but I'm fairly sure this was the first entire Rush album I got into because its one of the most accessable and had The Spirit Of Radio and Freewill on it, both early favourites.

I really enjoy every single track on this one as usual. I'm tempted to go with Freewill and if this were a "Favourite song on Exit... Stage Left" thread I'd be going for it because of the way Geddy sings the part after the solo but being a well known Progtard its gonna have to be Natural Science for me, the first Rush epic I got into. Absoutely love the heavy riff that comes in. I know Geddy really enjoys this one too, he says so in Contents Under Pressure.

So yeah its close and not even just between Freewill and Natural Science any of the songs could be thrown in there and I'd be tempted to go for them but at this very moment its all about N.S. for me.

Archived