Ask Treeduck boxing questions !

Tick

QUOTE (Sark @ Feb 11 2009, 10:18 AM)
I wonder about Margarito's credibility, now with his suspension of one year. If he did plaster his hands, who's to say how many fights did that for. Plus he supposedly did that for the Mosely fight, and he STILL lost.

They made him re-wrap his hands three times for Mosley so he definitely had legal wraps that time.

I dunno what's gonna happen, but he could well be finished even after he serves any ban.

All the PR Cotto fans are calling for his loss to Margo to be deemed a no contest. We'll never know what he was wearing there but he certainly didn't have any wraps on his chin and it was his chin that won that fight.

I think they're gonna have to be much more thorough in checking this sort of thing before fights.

QUOTE (Sark @ Feb 11 2009, 11:18 AM)
I wonder about Margarito's credibility, now with his suspension of one year. If he did plaster his hands, who's to say how many fights did that for. Plus he supposedly did that for the Mosely fight, and he STILL lost.

Once you have a cheater tag, its over. It will be assumed he has done it for many fights. Its like admitting steroid use, and saying you only did it for a season. You can't convince anyone your telling the truth when your a cheater and a liar. The Cotto loss should be voided. Anyone who fought Margerito and lost should have the loss removed from there record. What Margerito did is dispicable, and it should wipe out his career in my opinion. Is my assessment too harsh ? I don't think so at all, considering what he did could litterally kill somebody. Why should anything he accomplished count for anything at this point ?

Another excellent fight last night, Juan Manuel Marquez won a war when he knocked out the Baby Bull Juan Diaz in 9. I was rooting for JMM I have to admit as he didn't get any breaks early in his career and was avoided. He might now fight the winner of the Pac-Hatton fight although he was calling out Mayweather jokingly in the post-fight interview with the idiotic Max Kellerman...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 1 2009, 03:08 PM)
Another excellent fight last night, Juan Manuel Marquez won a war when he knocked out the Baby Bull Juan Diaz in 9. I was rooting for JMM I have to admit as he didn't get any breaks early in his career and was avoided. He might now fight the winner of the Pac-Hatton fight although he was calling out Mayweather jokingly in the post-fight interview with the idiotic Max Kellerman...

trink38.gif

Fights like this one is why MMA can not compare to boxing when its at its best ! That fight was awesome. One of the best fights I have ever seen. 1022.gif Diaz had better learn how to fight with a cut.

QUOTE (tick @ Mar 2 2009, 08:18 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 1 2009, 03:08 PM)

trink38.gif

Fights like this one is why MMA can not compare to boxing when its at its best ! That fight was awesome. One of the best fights I have ever seen. 1022.gif Diaz had better learn how to fight with a cut.

Aye Ticky a great contest, with both guys really trying to destroy the other. Diaz looked back to his best after not looking so great against Campbell and Cat but he just met his match here. I'm really impressed with Marquez, how many former featherweights have stepped up to lightweight and knocked out two of the most dangerous fighters in the division who'd never been stopped before??

There's a case to made that these two wins are better than Pac's two wins beyond 130. Certainly both Juan and Casamayor are way better than David Diaz and there's no way that was the real Oscar against Pac, it was the worst Oscar ever anyway that's for sure.

1022.gif trink39.gif 1287.gif trink38.gif bekloppt.gif

Heavyweight boxing tonight...Dr Iron Fist Vitali one of the Ukrainian Klit robot brothers v Juan Carlos Gomez the panther from Cuba...

trink38.gif

Can't see Vitali losing this one, he should get the job done in 9...

yes.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ May 2 2009, 01:03 AM)
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ap-m...ov=ap&type=lgns

Yes I've been following the fight for weeks, I heard about the Hatton/Mayweather snr bust-up rumours, heard about Lara supposedly busting up Ricky in sparring, watched the weigh-in at 10.30pm (Uk time) 3.30pm (vegas time)...but I realise that not many people on here are boxing fans and with Ticky not about much lately I didn't bother updating my Hatton-Pac thread (oh yes I've got a whole thread set up for this). I mean I know I'M interested so I just updated MYSELF!!

laugh.gif

It's been a rumour for a few weeks now but now it's official, Pac's old nemesis Juan Manuel Marquez will fight Hatton's conqueror the still unbeaten Floyd Mayweather jnr, who's "retirement" has ended. Th fight takes place on July 18 in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6305/mayweathermarquezpresse.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6305/mayweathermarquezpresse.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9484/mayweathermarquezpressey.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6305/mayweathermarquezpresse.jpg

Wow Pac was devastating, he absolutely annihilated Hatton. It reminded me of Thomas Hearns blasting out Roberto Duran - not that hatton is in Duran's league or anything - but the KO was that good and it was also a 2 round finish.

Hatton looked like he never recovered from the Mayweather dismantling, and the Floyd snr influence was non-existent; Ricky had no jab, no head movement, used no angles or feints, walked straight into shots and his punch resistance seems to have diminished alarmingly. I bet he hates that Rock Star energy drink logo, that's twice in 18 months he's ended up being draped over it, semi-conscious looking up at the ring lights.

So now we must have Pac v Mayweather (if he beats Marquez, which he should). We could also have Pac v Cotto or Pac v Mosley. And to think just 12 months ago all these matches would have seemed ridiculous and dangerous for Manny, now I give him a good chance against any of these guys, seriously.

2 rounds, 12 million. Not too shabby for about 5 minutes of work!

QUOTE (Sark @ May 3 2009, 05:51 AM)
2 rounds, 12 million. Not too shabby for about 5 minutes of work!

I think when PPV revenue is added they'll both end up with closer to 20 million...

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 3 2009, 01:55 AM)
Wow Pac was devastating, he absolutely annihilated Hatton. It reminded me of Thomas Hearns blasting out Roberto Duran - not that hatton is in Duran's league or anything - but the KO was that good and it was also a 2 round finish.

Hatton looked like he never recovered from the Mayweather dismantling, and the Floyd snr influence was non-existent; Ricky had no jab, no head movement, used no angles or feints, walked straight into shots and his punch resistance seems to have diminished alarmingly. I bet he hates that Rock Star energy drink logo, that's twice in 18 months he's ended up being draped over it, semi-conscious looking up at the ring lights.

So now we must have Pac v Mayweather (if he beats Marquez, which he should). We could also have Pac v Cotto or Pac v Mosley. And to think just 12 months ago all these matches would have seemed ridiculous and dangerous for Manny, now I give him a good chance against any of these guys, seriously.

The most impressive thing about Pac is that he can knock you out with either hand. I expected a close fight Saturday night. It was anything but that.

Pac vs. Mayweather will be huge is it happens! I'm really looking forward to this match up. Pac is getting me interested in boxing again.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ May 4 2009, 10:16 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 3 2009, 01:55 AM)

The most impressive thing about Pac is that he can knock you out with either hand. I expected a close fight Saturday night. It was anything but that.

Pac vs. Mayweather will be huge is it happens! I'm really looking forward to this match up. Pac is getting me interested in boxing again.

It'll happen, either at the end of the year or summer 2010...

Floyd could fight Mosley first and Pac could fight Cotto, simply because these fights are easier to make and there's bound to be money and ego issues dealing with Mayweather.

What's with this crap about a broken rib for Mayweather? I hear they couldn't even provide an X-Ray?

Ducky, would you care to say a few words about the late great Arturo Gatti ?

I just watched Gatti, Ward 1 today. It was amazing ! 1022.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 18 2009, 12:01 PM)
Ducky, would you care to say a few words about the late great Arturo Gatti ?

I just watched Gatti, Ward 1 today. It was amazing ! 1022.gif

Well I was shocked as hell to hear about Gatti's untimely death I have to say, I still find it hard to believe in fact, it's like the death of Diego Corrales a couple of years ago, totally shocking and unexpected. And Corrales was another fighter in the Gatti mould an exciting warrior who was in amazing fights. The thing about Gatti is almost ALL his fights were exciting. He's known above all for the trilogy against Mickey ward but he was in about 10 classic battles before that against the likes of Ruelas, Manfredi, Robinson etc and even in one-sided beatings he put up a great effort like against De La Hoya.

So yeah a total warrior who was able to endure crazy punishment for fight after fight, punishment that would ruin most other fighters after 2 or 3 Gatti-type wars. Not the best but the most entertaining fighter for many a year for sure.

cool.gif

QUOTE (Sark @ Jun 26 2009, 12:59 PM)
What's with this crap about a broken rib for Mayweather? I hear they couldn't even provide an X-Ray?

It's ok Mayweather-Marquez is now on for september 19...

trink38.gif

It's been a weird year for deaths all round but it's been particularly bad for boxers, here's a list of famous boxers who've died this year:

Arturo Gatti

Alexis Arguello

Ingemar Johansson

Greg Page

Jose Torres

Giovanni Parisi

Chris Finnegan

Mickey Goodwin

Pat McAteer

RIP all

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 26 2009, 01:02 PM)
R.I.P. Vernon Forrest. rose.gif

I can't believe this, is it me or is something strange going on lately???

Arturo Gatti dies in weird circumstances, maybe murdered and now Vernon Forrest gets shot dead after an attempted car jacking?? Something's f*cked up here somewhere...

RIP Vernon, a good champion an excellent boxer and a good guy who did a lot for his community. He'll obviously be sadly missed by his family and friends but also fans like me will miss seeing the end of an impressive career.

sad.gif