Tick

QUOTE (Sark @ Aug 6 2009, 11:54 AM)
Any predictions on Pac vs. Cotto?

Pac will win easily.

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 6 2009, 03:29 PM)

Pac will win easily.

Yep. I've bet against Pac twice and lost of course. I've really grown to like and respect this fighter.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 6 2009, 03:40 PM)

Pac will win easily.

Yep. I've bet against Pac twice and lost of course. I've really grown to like and respect this fighter.

I dunno...

After seeing Pac destroy the last three guys and seeing Cotto get beat up by Antonio Plasterito and struggle badly with Clottey I thought this time I'm picking Pac to wipe out Cotto (I'd picked against Pac in The Oscar and Hatton fights). BUT let's just think about this for a minute...

David Diaz a guy with a padded record who should have lost to a washed up Morales, and a virtual punch bag on the night, Oscar De La Hoya, a dead man at 147 after 8 years at 154 who was actually even lighter on the night plus even Freddy Roach said numerous times that he "couldn't pull the trigger anymore" and Hatton was obviously not the same after the Mayweather beating, Floyd cracked his chin, these guys are not Cotto.

Cotto even at this point is far more dangerous than any of these Pac victims, don't forget how damaging he can be, this is a guy who literally breaks bones when he hits people. The main reason I'm leaning toward Pac is that I think Cotto is himself damaged after the Plasterito hammering, a fight he was winning till the last few rounds. If Cotto is still near his best he could destroy Pac. The other reason I lean towards Pac is his speed and movement, but Cotto was able to take away the speed of the much faster Shane Mosley and Mosley went on to annihilate the Antonio "the Plaster Man" Margarito.

So don't get too carried away is all I'm saying...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 6 2009, 03:53 PM)

Pac will win easily.

I dunno...

After seeing Pac destroy the last three guys and seeing Cotto get beat up by Antonio Plasterito and struggle badly with Clottey I thought this time I'm picking Pac to wipe out Cotto (I'd picked against Pac in The Oscar and Hatton fights). BUT let's just think about this for a minute...

David Diaz a guy with a padded record who should have lost to a washed up Morales, and a virtual punch bag on the night, Oscar De La Hoya, a dead man at 147 after 8 years at 154 who was actually even lighter on the night plus even Freddy Roach said numerous times that he "couldn't pull the trigger anymore" and Hatton was obviously not the same after the Mayweather beating, Floyd cracked his chin, these guys are not Cotto.

Cotto even at this point is far more dangerous than any of these Pac victims, don't forget how damaging he can be, this is a guy who literally breaks bones when he hits people. The main reason I'm leaning toward Pac is that I think Cotto is himself damaged after the Plasterito hammering, a fight he was winning till the last few rounds. If Cotto is still near his best he could destroy Pac. The other reason I lean towards Pac is his speed and movement, but Cotto was able to take away the speed of the much faster Shane Mosley and Mosley went on to annihilate the Antonio "the Plaster Man" Margarito.

I see what your saying and I suppose that Cotto has a "puncher's chance." Is it just me, or has Pac developed more power?

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 6 2009, 04:01 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 6 2009, 03:53 PM)

Pac will win easily.

I dunno...

I see what your saying and I suppose that Cotto has a "puncher's chance." Is it just me, or has Pac developed more power?

Pac defies the laws of boxing, it's like he's become superhuman in the last few years. He totally shocked me in the last two fights and he might do it again in this one...

As for Cotto having just a puncher's chance, he's more than just a puncher.

The thing that amazes me is right after the David Diaz fight in the ring interview, they joked about Pac fighting Cotto and Bob Arum laughed and said that's one guy they'd never go near in a million years and yet now Cotto is seen as a pathetic underdog in most circles.

QUOTE (Sark @ Dec 7 2009, 10:30 AM)
Is Pac v Mayweather finally going to happen?

It must !!!! 1287.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Dec 7 2009, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 7 2009, 09:42 AM)

It must !!!! 1287.gif

I believe it's set for April. Where is treeduck?

I talked to Ducky about the Saturday night HBO fight yesterday, through way of pm. I don't know why he doesn't come around much ? There always seems to be a reason when someone stops posting. Usually due to a private matter with a member of the opposite sex they were hitting on, that didn't work out. Perhaps Ducky will show up and enlighten us as to who he was trying to have sex with. rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Dec 7 2009, 05:54 PM)
Looks like March 13 is the date. Hope Pac destroys Mayweather.

This fight is the only one in the last 10 years, I must fork up the money to see live ! 1022.gif

I see nothing about a date anywhere online ? confused13.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 7 2009, 04:58 PM)

This fight is the only one in the last 10 years, I must fork up the money to see live ! 1022.gif

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=4715684

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Dec 7 2009, 07:11 PM)

common001.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 7 2009, 03:59 PM)

It must !!!! 1287.gif

I talked to Ducky about the Saturday night HBO fight yesterday, through way of pm. I don't know why he doesn't come around much ? There always seems to be a reason when someone stops posting. Usually due to a private matter with a member of the opposite sex they were hitting on, that didn't work out. Perhaps Ducky will show up and enlighten us as to who he was trying to have sex with. rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Dec 7 2009, 06:11 PM)

trink39.gif Even better! I hope that Pac can shut Mayweather's big trap.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Dec 8 2009, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 7 2009, 03:59 PM)

It must !!!! 1287.gif

laugh.gif

Yes me and ----------- were having cybersex for weeks then it was over...

ohmy.gif laugh.gif unsure.gif oops.gif bolt.gif

QUOTE (Sark @ Dec 23 2009, 01:13 PM)
Now they say the fight is off because of a drug test Pac refuses to take.
What's he hiding?

The fight will still happen they're not gonna walk away from $40 million a piece, there's no one else either of them can make anywhere near that kind of money against. It's posturing and it's free publicity for the fight too.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 24 2009, 02:26 AM)
QUOTE (Sark @ Dec 23 2009, 01:13 PM)
Now they say the fight is off because of a drug test Pac refuses to take.
What's he hiding?

The fight will still happen they're not gonna walk away from $40 million a piece, there's no one else either of them can make anywhere near that kind of money against. It's posturing and it's free publicity for the fight too.

So I was wrong and Pac is now fighting Clottey at Cowboys Stadium March 13...

So who's Mayweather gonna fight? There's been rumours of Malignaggi, Matthew Hatton and so on, but now with Andre Berto pulling out of the Mosley fight it seems we're finally going to get a Floyd Mayweather-Shane Mosley fight, a fight that should probably of happened in 1999, but it's still an excellent fight much better than Pac-Clottey...

cool.gif