Retro classics *** SAXON !

Tick

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Apr 18 2012, 11:17 PM)
Ive never listen to them really carefully, but for what i understand they were some serious rivals to Iron Maiden in the NWOBHM. Whatever happen to them?

Still going strong Akron, I'm seeing them in May alongside Judas Priest.

They've made a strong comeback, playing to packed houses and their 2011 album Call To Arms was excellent.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 18 2012, 06:34 PM)
bumper.gif

Bumped because they rock like f**k.

1022.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Apr 19 2012, 09:45 AM)
Usually people say Wheels or Strong Arm is their favorite Saxon album, but I've got a big soft spot for the first album. Rainbow Theme/Frozen Rainbow is my shit!

Denim And Leather, Crusader, Power And The Glory. Love um!!!

The new live stuff is superb.

Eagles Over Wacken - Heavy Metal Thunder 3 disc set contains 3 hours of their best Wacken moments and, recorded in Glasgow, an entire show from last year's tour on 2 cds. The new stuff sounds amazing.

Separately, there's a double cd of the same name which is the fans choice 2009 Wacken set. HUGE.

God bless 'em.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 2 2012, 04:54 AM)

Eagles Over Wacken - Heavy Metal Thunder 3 disc set contains 3 hours of their best Wacken moments and, recorded in Glasgow, an entire show from last year's tour on 2 cds. The new stuff sounds amazing.

Separately, there's a double cd of the same name which is the fans choice 2009 Wacken set. HUGE.

God bless 'em.

Well, well, well, Hatchet Pete has deemed us worthy of presence once again!

Listen here: Show me an Irishman and I'll show you Richard Harris brawling the drunken night away with a barrel-load of proboscis monkeys dressed as nuns, the whole lot of them singing MacArthur Park in Jamaican patois while balancing an onion on their noses! 1287.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 2 2012, 10:14 AM)

God bless 'em.

Listen here: Show me an Irishman and I'll show you Richard Harris brawling the drunken night away with a barrel-load of proboscis monkeys dressed as nuns, the whole lot of them singing MacArthur Park in Jamaican patois while balancing an onion on their noses! 1287.gif

I never left, you effervescent handbag!

1287.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 2 2012, 05:26 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 2 2012, 10:14 AM)

God bless 'em.

I never left, you effervescent handbag!

1287.gif common001.gif

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 2 2012, 02:54 AM)

God bless 'em.

Dude!!

I just got my SAXON HEAVY METAL THUNDER BOX!!! Only 500 pieces worldwide!!!

It comes is a big black box with four dvds, two audio cds, a Saxon flag and a chance to get a GOLDEN TICKET to go to a show and get backstage.

It's an incredible piece.

SAXON RULES!

I finally popped my Saxon cherry last year and saw them at a small club in Santa Clara and they blew the roof off the sucker.

One of the greatest bands in the world. They keep putting out album after album and the music is still kicking ass! 1022.gif

They are coming out with some kind of dvd box set. June i think 1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 2 2012, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 2 2012, 11:13 AM)

ENDLESS METAL! trink39.gif

1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 2 2012, 06:30 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 2 2012, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 2 2012, 11:13 AM)

ENDLESS METAL! trink39.gif

1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif

That's The Carrere Years 1979-84 set, is it?

It's the first 7 albums, including The Eagle Has Landed, all on 4 discs, most rarities can be found on the most recent remasters.

Still nice to have, very handy for the car!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I'd actually never heard any Saxon before, except for 747 (Strangers in the Night) which was on a compilation CD I had.

But I fancied listening to some more classic NWOBHM, so just for the hell of it, I ordered Wheels of Steel and Strong Arm of the Law.

Just finished listening to Wheels of Steel, and it fookin' rocks! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 6 2012, 01:39 PM)
I'd actually never heard any Saxon before, except for 747 (Strangers in the Night) which was on a compilation CD I had.
But I fancied listening to some more classic NWOBHM, so just for the hell of it, I ordered Wheels of Steel and Strong Arm of the Law.

Excellent!!!! A very underrated band, get Denim & Leather next. It's fanf#ckingtastic. Most of their latter day stuff is worth checking out too. Lionheart, Call To Arms, The Inner Sanctum etc all worth checking out.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jul 6 2012, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 6 2012, 01:39 PM)

Excellent!!!! A very underrated band, get Denim & Leather next. It's fanf#ckingtastic. Most of their latter day stuff is worth checking out too. Lionheart, Call To Arms, The Inner Sanctum etc all worth checking out.

Cheers for the help trink39.gif

Loved Strong Arm of the Law, too, so I'll definitely be getting some more. I'll check out Denim and Leather like you suggest.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jul 10 2012, 11:20 AM)
1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif bacon.gif

Saw them @ this small night club last year.......(originally saw P&G tour in 83)

The mix was so nice, loud, clear........"is is loud enough for ya!!!???"

New album is nice too...........

QUOTE (jc4gd @ Aug 1 2012, 03:26 AM)
Saw them @ this small night club last year.......(originally saw P&G tour in 83)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5H4cBvWDgs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAtCc2sAg84

The mix was so nice, loud, clear........"is is loud enough for ya!!!???"

New album is nice too...........

Great footage, looks hot and sweaty!!! The only way metal should be heard!

Saw them support Priest a few weeks back. Fanf*ckintastic.

Call To Arms is excellent. They've been very consistent of late, some great albums.