What was the first Rush song you learned

theworkingman

QUOTE (rushbass @ Apr 5 2008, 10:27 PM)
Freewill on bass

on guitar it was Broone's Bane

LOL - Broone's Baine was also my first Rush song to learn on guitar! I actually played it at my brother's wedding ceremony.

QUOTE (ifloveremains @ Apr 5 2008, 07:32 PM)
...still working on it.

I have a bad habit of learning tidbits of many different songs instead of committing to one, but I'm still a beginner. I think I might go for Limelight though.

same.....keep saying im gonna learn the rest of limelight besides the intro and the chorus lol

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ Apr 18 2008, 03:31 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 5 2008, 09:39 PM)
It was either "Freewill" or "Natural Science."

good thing you picked easy ones................. ph34r.gif

seriously....WTF? rofl3.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Perhaps he was already a good guitarist before he came to learning Rush? Not everyone jumps straight in at the deep end. laugh.gif

First riff was "Fly By Night", first complete song beginning to end was "Limelight" (guitar)

On bass? YYZ. Yeah. I jumped straight into the deep end. And i came out thinking "WHAT THE F*CK!!!!?!?!?!?!" and from then on I worshiped Geddy. Then Freewill and Natural Science, just like 1-0-0-1-0-0-1. I'm mainly a bass player, so I know a ton of Rush songs on bass.

On guitar the first one I learned was Cygnus Part One. I'm still working on the solo, though, cause I'm not good at guitar, but I know it and a couple other ones all the way through on guitar (minus solos, of course).

We covered Working Man in a band I was in in 1976. I was the drummer. For some reason after that first album, the drumming was always more difficult to figure out. Never been able to put my finger on the reason wink.gif