Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Mar 26 2011, 02:54 PM)
Haven't read the last 155 pages, but finally bought The Incident. Had looked forward to it as I loved the last two efforts. But what an absolutely vacant album. Keep listening, waiting for something to happen and there is just nothing. Disappointed. Not sure what they were shooting for here, but it sounds to me like they had to put an album out, but had no ideas.

It really rewards you after repeated listens. It is not a very accesible album for PT. And after the last three and half (Nil Recurring is just amazing too) they had a huge task to put out another steller album.

I think they did. There are some amazing songs on The Incident (Blind House, Draw The Line, Time Flies, The Seance, Remember Me Lover). My wife who is also a huge fan is not a big fan of The Incident either.

Live....it was brilliant. But I do have it rated overall below the other aforemetioned albums.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ Mar 29 2011, 05:19 PM)
Haven't read the last 155 pages, but finally bought The Incident. Had looked forward to it as I loved the last two efforts. But what an absolutely vacant album. Keep listening, waiting for something to happen and there is just nothing. Disappointed. Not sure what they were shooting for here, but it sounds to me like they had to put an album out, but had no ideas.

It really rewards you after repeated listens. It is not a very accesible album for PT. And after the last three and half (Nil Recurring is just amazing too) they had a huge task to put out another steller album.

I think they did. There are some amazing songs on The Incident (Blind House, Draw The Line, Time Flies, The Seance, Remember Me Lover). My wife who is also a huge fan is not a big fan of The Incident either.

Live....it was brilliant. But I do have it rated overall below the other aforemetioned albums.

Live it was awesome. It was a pleasure just to see them pull it off with such aplomb and prove that they are up there with the very best when it comes to live performance.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 29 2011, 09:58 AM)
QUOTE (Todem @ Mar 29 2011, 05:19 PM)

Live it was awesome. It was a pleasure just to see them pull it off with such aplomb and prove that they are up there with the very best when it comes to live performance.

I loved The Incident. The tour was great (we saw it twice).

Remember Me Lover is as cool as the other side of the pillow.

cool.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine Emmeline @ Apr 13 2011, 05:13 PM)
I JUST started listening to PT a week or two ago, they're great biggrin.gif I LOVE Deadewing wub.gif

Enjoy. Try pure narcotic, anesthetize, Lazarus, trains, time flies, the start of something beautiful, don't hate me, dark matter...

Have fun trink39.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 13 2011, 07:13 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 13 2011, 03:49 PM)
40 Trains covers YouTube mashup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7L60KrhBKA&sns=em

That was so f***ing cool

I thought it was a joke and it would be a trainwreck, but this totally made my day. I cried. I had a horrible day today, but this totally gave me hope for the world. I don't feel alone anymore.

QUOTE (Earthshine Emmeline @ Apr 13 2011, 02:13 PM)
I JUST started listening to PT a week or two ago, they're great biggrin.gif I LOVE Deadewing wub.gif

That's awesome!

Deadwing is just about perfect.

They have so much great and varied material.

Once you get hooked (and you will) be sure to check out the Arriving Somewhere video (Live in Chicago). And by all means, TURN IT UP!!!

Enjoy!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Apr 13 2011, 07:34 PM)
QUOTE (Earthshine Emmeline @ Apr 13 2011, 02:13 PM)
I JUST started listening to PT a week or two ago, they're great biggrin.gif I LOVE Deadewing  wub.gif

That's awesome!

Deadwing is just about perfect.

They have so much great and varied material.

Once you get hooked (and you will) be sure to check out the Arriving Somewhere video (Live in Chicago). And by all means, TURN IT UP!!!

Enjoy!

trink39.gif

Absolutely!! AS is the best concert DVD I own!!

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 13 2011, 07:26 PM)

That was so f***ing cool

I thought it was a joke and it would be a trainwreck, but this totally made my day. I cried. I had a horrible day today, but this totally gave me hope for the world. I don't feel alone anymore.

That's beautiful ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine Emmeline @ Apr 14 2011, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Apr 13 2011, 07:26 PM)

That was so f***ing cool

WOW!

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (umoveme @ Apr 14 2011, 04:30 PM)
QUOTE (Earthshine Emmeline @ Apr 14 2011, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Apr 13 2011, 07:26 PM)

That was so f***ing cool

WOW!

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Pretty awesome video!

Info on Steven Wilson's new solo album (from his facebook):

The new solo album website will probably launch in early June now. The music is done, but we're still working on film material and the deluxe edition. It's presented as two 40-45 minute albums in the same package (which begs the question; when is a double album not a double album? When it's 2 single albums issued together!) The album titles are "Deform to Form a Star" and "Like Dust I Have Cleared From My Eye".

Can't wait!

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ May 7 2011, 11:49 AM)
Info on Steven Wilson's new solo album (from his facebook):

The new solo album website will probably launch in early June now. The music is done, but we're still working on film material and the deluxe edition. It's presented as two 40-45 minute albums in the same package (which begs the question; when is a double album not a double album? When it's 2 single albums issued together!) The album titles are "Deform to Form a Star" and "Like Dust I Have Cleared From My Eye".

Can't wait!

Double Album!?

common001.gif

saw blackfield last night. great show. tomar z the drummer has gotten so much better. very impressed with his playing. the entire band sounded great. vocals were spot on. song selection was great. want to see them again. so glad they came to the states.