Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 2 2010, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 2 2010, 02:57 PM)
The PT website under the news for 2/1/10 actually says that Conference of the Strange is an offshoot of The Rush Forum.  cool.gif

Yeah, oops! laugh.gif I'm sure the RushTour/PTreeTour crew will want to get that changed.

i am a member of The Porcupine Tree Forum but rarely post there. i wonder if thats what they meant?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 2 2010, 02:01 PM)
The PT website under the news for 2/1/10 actually says that Conference of the Strange is an offshoot of The Rush Forum.  cool.gif

Yeah, oops! laugh.gif I'm sure the RushTour/PTreeTour crew will want to get that changed.

Yeah, that's what Dan said. laugh.gif

I'm glad there's an American PT fan forum now. I visited the Italian/English site, but realized that basically meant you should speak both. wacko.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Feb 2 2010, 03:13 PM)

i am a member of The Porcupine Tree Forum but rarely post there. i wonder if thats what they meant?

No, this new PT forum is an offshoot of the RushTour forum. Same people running both. The official PT site mistakenly left out "Tour" in their news blurb.

I set "The Incident" off to the side for a while. I had listened to it so many times that it started to sound like background music. I put it in on through my headphones this morning at work, and it's just as amazing as it was the first time I heard it. By far, my favorite PT studio release. I can't wait to hear it live.

But, I still cannot figure out what is being whispered at the very beginning of the title track. Anyone?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 2 2010, 03:29 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Feb 2 2010, 03:13 PM)

No, this new PT forum is an offshoot of the RushTour forum. Same people running both. The official PT site mistakenly left out "Tour" in their news blurb.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 3 2010, 09:44 AM)
I set "The Incident" off to the side for a while. I had listened to it so many times that it started to sound like background music. I put it in on through my headphones this morning at work, and it's just as amazing as it was the first time I heard it. By far, my favorite PT studio release. I can't wait to hear it live.

But, I still cannot figure out what is being whispered at the very beginning of the title track. Anyone?

Interesting Sue. That happens to me all the time with records I obsess over.

Long breaks are needed from certain albums or bands that we love.

I haven't listened to any RUSH in quite some time.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 3 2010, 01:39 PM)

Oh, yeah. I HAD to give Rush a rest for a while a few years back. Just sick to death of 'em! Especially Moving Pictures. I simply could not hear it for about two years.

I've gotten better with the PT, though. I'm listening to Opeth, and some of my old school stuff like The Police and old U2. I've got Radiohead waiting for me to burn on CD. Gotta mix it up, ya' know?

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 3 2010, 01:25 PM)

Oh, yeah. I HAD to give Rush a rest for a while a few years back. Just sick to death of 'em! Especially Moving Pictures. I simply could not hear it for about two years.

I've gotten better with the PT, though. I'm listening to Opeth, and some of my old school stuff like The Police and old U2. I've got Radiohead waiting for me to burn on CD. Gotta mix it up, ya' know?

Good stuff Sue! Glad to see you are into Opeth!!!

I mix it up every night!

trink39.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 3 2010, 02:39 PM)

I mix it up every night!

I've been listening to Morningrise alot, and I have one other Opeth CD. Can't remember which one it is. I tried listening to some Messhugah, but it scared the crap out of me. laugh.gif

And, of course, I have my beloved Marillion with H on vocals. I could listen to his voice all day.

My next music purchase is going to be that new Transatlantic.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 3 2010, 02:48 PM)

I mix it up every night!

I've been listening to Morningrise alot, and I have one other Opeth CD. Can't remember which one it is. I tried listening to some Messhugah, but it scared the crap out of me. laugh.gif

And, of course, I have my beloved Marillion with H on vocals. I could listen to his voice all day.

Sue!

Do you have Opeth's "Watershed?" It's a must!

Oh and you must get that Transatlantic cd pronto!!

It's a masterpiece! I've been addicted to that album for weeks now!!

Do you like the new MUSE cd?

Earl

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 3 2010, 04:23 PM)

I mix it up every night!

Sue!

Earl

I think it is Watershed that I have. It's trapped on my Mac until I get a new monitor.

I'm sort of "meh" when it comes to Muse. Not exactly falling all over myself to buy any of their CDs.

I can't wait to get the Transatlantic.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 3 2010, 10:23 PM)

I mix it up every night!

Sue!

Earl

Earl, you're a clever guy. Given the quality of their back catalogue, The Resistance is hardly the best album to recommend?! It's all about Absolution!

BTW, have you picked up tickets to see them on their American tour?

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 3 2010, 04:30 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Feb 3 2010, 04:23 PM)

I mix it up every night!

Sue!

Earl

I think it is Watershed that I have. It's trapped on my Mac until I get a new monitor.

I'm sort of "meh" when it comes to Muse. Not exactly falling all over myself to buy any of their CDs.

I can't wait to get the Transatlantic.

I read you loud and clear! "Watershed" is a masterpiece just like "The Whirlwind."

"The Resistance" by MUSE might excite your senses though!

Good luck getting that new monitor!!

I missed the ROABP presale for the RCMH show. However, it appears that there is an "Internet Presale" on ticketmaster.com that started today (2/5). Anyone know where I might be able to get a password for the presale?

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Feb 3 2010, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (sonoflife @ Feb 3 2010, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Feb 3 2010, 05:59 PM)
BOUGHT MY RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL TICKET TODAY  1022.gif

so excited

as did i trink39.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif

cheeeerrrs!!!!

cant wait!! especially since this is a "special show"!

and my SECOND PT show

got my RCMH ticket!

1st PT show for me

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Feb 6 2010, 11:37 AM)

so excited

as did i trink39.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif

cheeeerrrs!!!!

and my SECOND PT show

got my RCMH ticket!

1st PT show for me

OMG! Donna! I didn't know you liked PT! Coolness. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That's going to be an incredible show.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 6 2010, 06:53 PM)

so excited

as did i trink39.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif

cheeeerrrs!!!!

and my SECOND PT show

got my RCMH ticket!

1st PT show for me

Will u be at the RCMH show SS?

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Feb 6 2010, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 6 2010, 06:53 PM)

so excited

as did i trink39.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif

cheeeerrrs!!!!

and my SECOND PT show

got my RCMH ticket!

1st PT show for me

Will u be at the RCMH show SS?

No. Sadly. sad.gif

But, I'm taking my son to the Dallas show! It's all we've been talking about. April seems so far away.

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Feb 6 2010, 12:37 PM)

so excited

as did i trink39.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif

cheeeerrrs!!!!

and my SECOND PT show

got my RCMH ticket!

1st PT show for me

common001.gif 1022.gif