I Hate Family Guy.

Sticklah

I know a lot of you are going to kill me for this but I really do hate family guy.

The jokes half the time fall flat or are dragged out so long they loose what likke funnyness they had to begin with. And the whole "let's stretch something out so long its funny joke is just annoying. Now I'll admit seasons One/Two were watchable but past that the repetitive nature and recycling of jokes just made me want to die. I walk out of the room if someone is watching it now.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sticklah @ Mar 25 2008, 11:05 AM)
I know a lot of you are going to kill me for this but I really do hate family guy.

The jokes half the time fall flat or are dragged out so long they loose what likke funnyness they had to begin with. And the whole "let's stretch something out so long its funny joke is just annoying. Now I'll admit seasons One/Two were watchable but past that the repetitive nature and recycling of jokes just made me want to die. I walk out of the room if someone is watching it now.

You just made yourself an enemy! angry.gif

LOL, just kidding tongue.gif I LOVE Family Guy, but everyone has the right to their own opinion yes.gif

I never really got the whole Family Guy thing, idk. It's funny sometimes but I'm never LMAO or anything remotely close.

Same with the Simpsons. I get it and all, but not my thing.

unsure.gif Umm ok. Different people require different realms of humor, if any at all sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Sticklah @ Mar 25 2008, 12:05 PM)

Dude, I agree with you 100%! I don't think Family Guy is funny...at all.

It's unoriginal, plagiaristic, derivative, repetitive and flatout unfunny.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2008, 04:42 PM)

One question;

Do you or do you not have a Steve Martin signature?

That dude might as well have dropped his trousers and just took a massive shit on Pete Sellers grave.

I happen to agree with you. I also don't like Simpsons, King of the Hill, or any other Fox Network cartoon.

King Of The Hill. Now there's a show that seriously sucks. Is it even supposed to funny? If so the writers aren't making much effort. I don't see why it's animated. Where as The Simpsons, Family Guy and Futurama all take advantage of being cartoons King Of The Hill plods along going nowhere special and certainly nowhere funny. Watched 2 episodes, one of the biggest wastes of my time ever. I feel like I'm wasting time just typing about it now.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Mar 25 2008, 11:58 AM)
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/FamilyGuyHerbert.jpg

Best part of the show now. I'm with MD.....first few seasons were good, but it sucks for the most part now. There's still some really funny stuff in the new episodes, but it's more bad than good.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 25 2008, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2008, 04:42 PM)

One question;

Do you or do you not have a Steve Martin signature?

That dude might as well have dropped his trousers and just took a massive shit on Pete Sellers grave.

z7shysterical.gif

That's the best *point* made on this forum in weeks.

LOL

He is a revelation of an idea for you, ready ? dont watch it. doh.gif

I actually dont watch the show, just wanted to chime in. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 25 2008, 12:08 PM)
King Of The Hill. Now there's a show that seriously sucks. Is it even supposed to funny? If so the writers aren't making much effort. I don't see why it's animated. Where as The Simpsons, Family Guy and Futurama all take advantage of being cartoons King Of The Hill plods along going nowhere special and certainly nowhere funny. Watched 2 episodes, one of the biggest wastes of my time ever. I feel like I'm wasting time just typing about it now.

Oh come on. There are some really funny episodes of King of the Hill. z7shysterical.gif

Also it is hard to write humour for the basic reason that not everyone has the same sense of humour. Where I find Family Guy, The Simpsons, South Park and King of the Hill really entertaining, some might see them as trying to hard with jokes and not see the actual humour in the show. Which is okay.

Question to those folks who dont like Family Guy: what shows do you find funny.

+1

Season 1 was good, it's been steep downhill since. I've crossed over to South Park for my comedy fix lately.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Mar 25 2008, 05:25 PM)

+1

Season 1 was good, it's been steep downhill since. I've crossed over to South Park for my comedy fix lately.

I dig South Park and that includes the new episodes but I do think lately they've been trying a little too hard to be simply offensive. I don't get offended by it but I think they should focus on being funny rather than offensive a little more.

The more wacky, out on a limb and crass you try to be with humor - the more likely you are to either hit one out of the park or fall flat on your face.

Family Guy, Ren & Stimpy, Drawn Together, Metalocalypse, Wondershowzen are my favorite comedy series of all time but they will all occasionally fall flat on their faces.

And if you aren't into crass humor that toes the line of what they can and cannot get away with both socially and from a censorship perspective than none of those shows will amuse you much, but for myself they are all wickedly awesome, Family Guy included.

Early seasons of The Simpsons were good..............I can't watch Futurama or King of the Hill cuz I don't find either funny...............and if Family Guy is on, and I'm not busy...........I'll watch it...........

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Mar 25 2008, 12:31 PM)
Oh and for anyone suggesting that King of the Hill is some of the most retarded and pointless drivel ever to get animated...

I couldn't agree with you more.

So true man.......

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 25 2008, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ Mar 25 2008, 05:25 PM)

+1

I dig South Park and that includes the new episodes but I do think lately they've been trying a little too hard to be simply offensive. I don't get offended by it but I think they should focus on being funny rather than offensive a little more.

See, I would argue the other way. South Park has become far less offensive than it once was, while Family Guy is the one pushing the envelope now. South Park has moved on from poop and fart jokes they once depended on (don't get me wrong, they're still there, just not as much), to deeper more satirical observational humor, and they do a phenominal job of it.

Edited by KenJennings