Snakes and Arrows MVI Release

rushfan1966

I was wondering how many people bought this version of Snakes and Arrows. Also I am wondering if the fans who bought this share the same thoughts that I do.

In general I was a little hesitant to pay more for this release, but as always when it comes to 2.gif I was very pleasantly surprised.

I loved the way the interviews described how the songs came together.

I hope they do MVI on every release from now on.

Again, in my opinion, the best album since Grace Under Pressure.

2.gif The Best Band in the World

I don't have it yet.. I was pretty angry how they released the normal album version and didn't put the MVI one out until later on, knowing as Rush fans we'd all be eagar to here the album straight away and wouldn't wait for the MVI release. Meaning we'd have to buy it twice. I plan on getting it after reading how good everyone says it is, just there are other things I gotta get first.

I bought the first version of S&A, then shortly after, I lent it to my friend Richard who is a Rush fan but didn't have S&A yet. Then the MVI version was realsed so I bought it and told Richard he could keep the one I lent him. biggrin.gif

yep, i love studio footage

I waited out and got the MVI, though my friend burnt me a disc of S&A to listen to in the mean time. I love it and hope they release one with every album now.

Yes i did, and because of the production delays, I didn't get it until after the 2 shows I attended. And I wasn't about to pay for the regular CD as well, so when I walked into the West Palm Beach amphitheatre last summer, all I knew from S&A were the singles "Far Cry" 1022.gif and Spindrift 062802puke_prv.gif and some sample clips on iTunes. Turned out to be a very pleasant surprise that Spindrift was the only clanker on the disc.

MVI was totally worth the money for the documentary. It was great to see the actual genesis of MalNar, Neil proven capable of smiling, and explaining where some of the lyrics came from, the last-minute retake of the drum parts in TWTWB, etc.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Feb 27 2008, 06:41 PM)
I don't have it yet.. I was pretty angry how they released the normal album version and didn't put the MVI one out until later on, knowing as Rush fans we'd all be eagar to here the album straight away and wouldn't wait for the MVI release. Meaning we'd have to buy it twice. I plan on getting it after reading how good everyone says it is, just there are other things I gotta get first.

I had no idea the MVI was coming out, so I bought the standard CD version, still have'nt bought the MVI, I may get round to it, but not top priority right now.

if you dont have a true 5.1 surround system the MVI is completely worthless....unless you want to see the making off....i have a Klipsch system (4 staellites 1 center channel and a 400 watt sub) all hooked up with monster cable and a fiber optic cable from dvd to receiver....it F**KN ROCKS...the entire album sounds completely different from waht you hear on reg CD

QUOTE (subdivisor @ Feb 27 2008, 07:40 PM)
if you dont have a true 5.1 surround system the MVI is completely worthless....unless you want to see the making off....i have a Klipsch system (4 staellites 1 center channel and a 400 watt sub) all hooked up with monster cable and a fiber optic cable from dvd to receiver....it F**KN ROCKS...the entire album sounds completely different from waht you hear on reg CD

I too, recently purchased the MVI. I had originally purchased SA on initial release (std version) and was aggravated that they were not both released at the same time. Anyway, I'm over that and when I replaced SA std with SA MVI on ITunes, I noticed each track is 2-4 MB's larger; is this due to the 5.1 mix? Regardless, if you have the means and already have std version, it's worth another $25 to hear in 5.1 and to see the documentary as well.

Archived