THE MARS VOLTA

Rushman14

Wow.. and Wow.. 1022.gif

I saw these guys open for System of a Down in 2005. There was 8 Voltas on stage. I was going Wow a lot during their set. Their drummer at the time reminded me of a young NEP. Lots of power. But this new guy is really good!

You know, as the Operations Manager at a rock radio station, I get lots of CDs, and I try to listen to them all, but usually never do. I received a copy of The Bedlam in Goliath last week and hadn't listened to it. Based on your recommendations, I listened to Wax Simulacra and Goliath, and I have to admit it wasn't bad. It's probably a little more alternative than our station leans, but it's not bad.

Have always seen them when in SO CAL and have all their music but i think i'll have to pass on the new album - According to cedric and omar the majority if not all of the new album was inspired by supernatural forces as a result of an antique Ouija board they bought in a jerusalem market - The problems they had with the piece called soothsayer almost ripped the band apart - Not sure i need that sort of influence in my home -

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...usic-topstories

QUOTE (Lerxst2112 @ Jan 23 2008, 09:05 PM)
They played on MTV Live from MTV Canada last night and just killed it. They played Wax Simulacra and Goliath and jammed the hell out of Goliath and it was awesome.

Wax Simulacra

Goliath Part One

Goliath Part Two

I'm watching it now and they are on fire.

The two tracks sound like Amputechture, but way better.

I am SO excited about this album.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jan 25 2008, 04:16 AM)
Have always seen them when in SO CAL and have all their music but i think i'll have to pass on the new album - According to cedric and omar the majority if not all of the new album was inspired by supernatural forces as a result of an antique Ouija board they bought in a jerusalem market - The problems they had with the piece called soothsayer almost ripped the band apart - Not sure i need that sort of influence in my home -
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...usic-topstories

For me, it's such an intriguing story, and one that fits perfectly for TMV.

I'm not skeptical about the supernatural story messing with my home, I'm just skeptical about it sounding really stupid.

"...And the dark evil was finally put to sleep... until one day, far in the future, when two scraggly, afro'd men happened upon the cursed board..."

TMV is still one of my favorite bands, but I'm really missing At the Drive-In. I don't like how many effects Cedric is using on his live vocals now. It doesn't really bother me on the studio stuff, but I liked ATDI and old TMV live better. The band is still amazing though.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jan 25 2008, 11:22 AM)
I'm not skeptical about the supernatural story messing with my home, I'm just skeptical about it sounding really stupid.

"...And the dark evil was finally put to sleep... until one day, far in the future, when two scraggly, afro'd men happened upon the cursed board..."

Can I quote you on that? I might need to use that for future reference. Also many LOLs.

QUOTE (Lerxst2112 @ Jan 25 2008, 01:32 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jan 25 2008, 11:22 AM)

Can I quote you on that? I might need to use that for future reference. Also many LOLs.

"...as the story continues, our two dirty, afro-laden rockers participate in the board's supernatural game every night on their (also supernatural, of course...) tour bus...

'WAIT!!' screamed Bixler-Zavala, 'I just dropped the blunt in the toilet... Damn this malignant spirit!'

... the board then showed them the way to correct its dark and numerous evils...

'To the mountains!', they shouted... 'For more chronic!'"

You're welcome to quote all you please.

Archived