2008 - 07/19 - Washington, DC - Nissan Pavilion

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 7 2008, 07:37 PM)
I gotta find out where you guys meet at. Me and Jenn won't have to rush back from Iowa and wander around the lot this time. laugh.gif

We met at a grocery store near the venue for last minute ice, beer, etc. We will likely do that again I'm thinking.

Additionally, another forum (gasp) is having a little get-together at Ruby Tuesday's, which is also close to the venue.

We should crash it! 1287.gif

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GREAT SINGLE!!

I can't go so I would prefer to sell this to a good Rush Fan.

Orchestra 3 -- Row K -- on the inside Aisle- - near Alex. Seat 21

There is no Row A so this would be 10th Row.

Cost plus Shipping -- $160.00

PM me if interested.

I'll be posting on multilpe boards so let me know ASAP.

Thanks for looking.

Lou V.

QUOTE (big lou @ Jul 11 2008, 02:41 PM)
GREAT SINGLE!!

I can't go so I would prefer to sell this to a good Rush Fan.

Orchestra 3 -- Row K -- on the inside Aisle- - near Alex. Seat 21

There is no Row A so this would be 10th Row.

Cost plus Shipping -- $160.00

PM me if interested.

I'll be posting on multilpe boards so let me know ASAP.

Thanks for looking.

Lou V.

This isn't the place for ticket deals. Leave that in the parent forum.

This thread is for members of this board who want to hook up for this venue. If you're interested, then you are welcome to join us.

And as for the members.....

Damn!

Let's get this damn thing rolling.

I've got three grills and two (maybe three) guitars!

Let's get the "before and after" (sorry for the pun) stuff going!

trink39.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jul 8 2008, 10:18 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 7 2008, 07:37 PM)
I gotta find out where you guys meet at. Me and Jenn won't have to rush back from Iowa and wander around the lot this time.  laugh.gif

We met at a grocery store near the venue for last minute ice, beer, etc. We will likely do that again I'm thinking.

Additionally, another forum (gasp) is having a little get-together at Ruby Tuesday's, which is also close to the venue.

We should crash it! 1287.gif

Crash it??? You mean CRUSH IT!!!!!!!

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

I must chime in again.

FYI - I flew into YYZ today (technically yesterday) for a family reunion. My cousin from Arizona who I haven't seen since my wedding 12 years ago picked up one of my Toronto cousin's guitar and played 'I Think I'm Going Bald'.

He knows I'm a Rush fan because at the wedding, my best man and I played 'Return Of The Prince' as a part of a medley (along with Blue Sky and Sunshine Daydream).

Anyway, it was very cool. We had a big Rush discussion tonight.

So, I'm up for anything. My preference would be to meet at the grocery store parking lot and then caravan into the venue.

I am so ready to rock. Plus the big family reunion is tomorrow (technically tonight) so more Rush will be played.

Hi! I've decided at this last minute to go to the Bristow show and would love to meet up with people. I'll be coming in from New Jersey. Could someone please PM me and let me know meet-up details?

Thanks!

Mullet cool.gif

Check out link below:

Lots are to open up at 4:30 (which I believe is earlier than last year)

I propose we meet at 4:00 at the Giant parking lot and then caravan over to the lot about 4:20 cool10.gif

http://www.livenation.com/event/getEvent/eventId/320033

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jul 14 2008, 10:20 AM)
Check out link below:

I propose we meet at 4:00 at the Giant parking lot and then caravan over to the lot about 4:20 cool10.gif

Also, here is a link to Giant's website showing the location

http://www.giantfood.com/locator/store_dsp...torenumber=0257

Just bought me and my g/f seats in row J, 10th row from the stage, in the center Orchestra section a few minutes ago. We're on vacation this week and we planed it around the 2.gif concert, as usual. It's gonna be the Grand Finale to end the vacation week with. biggrin.gif

Saw them on vacation last year, same place, but didn't have the chance to meet up with anyone before the show. Can't guarantee it, but gonna try to see if we can get there early enough to do some tailgating in the lot with you guys for a bit. 1022.gif

Maybe GhostGirl will surprise us and be there this year? ohmy.gif wub.gif wink.gif We can only hope. laugh.gif

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jul 14 2008, 11:38 AM)
QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jul 14 2008, 10:20 AM)
Check out link below:

Also, here is a link to Giant's website showing the location

http://www.giantfood.com/locator/store_dsp...torenumber=0257

Thanks for posting that link.

As you folks can see, that's the first left after you exit the highway, and it's also right on the way to the venue. Meet-up at 4! The grocery store is a decent all-around pit-stop for those of you who are travelling far.

Weather supposed to be really hot and steamy. (hint: this might not be a good day for Guiness Stout.)

Last I heard, you are allowed to bring one unopened bottle of water into the venue. It would be helpful if somebody has a card table for us to put plates, napkins, etc. I have two small charcoal grills and one medium-sized gas grill. We may need more depending on how many people meet up.

Also, bring disposable colored plastic cups. You will most likely not be hassled for drinking out of those, but if you have a can or bottle, it could be trouble (depending on how big an ass the cop is.) Someone is sure to forget, so bring extras.

Stay tuuned for more updates. I'll be posting a link for Ruby Tuesday's shortly if anyone is interested in hooking up w/ the folks from the rushtourforum.

2.gif

lots opened last year at about 4:45

I'll be hanging at that building up the hill from the main entrance in their small lot so we can just head right....back down and line up at main gate about then (like last year)

Hope to meet all peeps from here. Black Accura T

For those of you who missed my story last year of being a "roadie" for the day you can find it here.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=28095&hl=

I will be there at 4:30 and would love to meet with you guys and re-live that day. I actually got asked if I wanted to do it again this year and I told them I just want to enjoy the show.

Bob

Additional notes:

After leaving the Giant parking lot, we will head to the general parking (as opposed to VIP). We should have some balloons tied to the car(s) for easy spotting for those not in the caravan to the lot. Of course we can't pick where we park as we will be directed to wherever they want to put us.

I'll be wearing a Rush shirt. Can't miss me.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jul 15 2008, 03:27 PM)
Additional notes:

After leaving the Giant parking lot, we will head to the general parking (as opposed to VIP). We should have some balloons tied to the car(s) for easy spotting for those not in the caravan to the lot. Of course we can't pick where we park as we will be directed to wherever they want to put us.

I'll be wearing a Rush shirt. Can't miss me.

Hey! I was planning on wearing a rush shirt!

QUOTE (Joshua @ Jul 15 2008, 05:47 PM)
http://www.nissanpavilion.com/christmasinjuly/
$10 for lawn seats! Spread the word! Those casual fans we know, who are skipping this next show would be silly not to take advantage of this offer! biggrin.gif

As for pre-show festivities, I'll bring the table. cool.gif

trink39.gif 1287.gif 1022.gif

Excellent Joshua. I was wondering when you were going to chime in. Bout time!

And $10 seats on the lawn. That's amazingly cheap.

Very cool that you're going to make it TSS. Bring your guitar.

All right folks..anybody that needs directions the day of the show or details...PM me... I'll give you my cell # so nobody gets left out.

Meet-up time is 4 p.m. at Giant. Take the first left after exiting I-66 towards the venue. The shopping center is on the left.

trink39.gif

I'm all ready for saturday. This is my 5th time seeing them 4th time seeing them at nissian. Also i'm taking my dad who hasn't see them since the 80's. Also my younger brother is seeing for the 2nd time. What a day to spend a saturday with father and brother with Rush.

Archived