All you Geddy lovers ;)

Cygnalschick

QUOTE (GedHead @ Mar 27 2008, 02:35 PM)
Kick them where it hurts for me would you hon.........
Thanks soooo much

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/GedsHead/2008.jpg

tongue.gif

rofl3.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 27 2008, 01:11 PM)
QUOTE (GedHead @ Mar 27 2008, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Mar 27 2008, 12:56 PM)
Man, I need to get MFH back.  Never replaced it after all my CDs were stolen years ago  sad.gif

Sorry to hear about your CD's

I've started buying 2 now, just in case one gets scratched

tongue.gif

This was about 4-5 years ago. I was living with my boyfriend for the summer in maryland and I left my car doors unlocked in the driveway of his house and someone STILL got in in the middle of the night. My fault? Probably, but still...in the driveway!!

This same thing happened to me, and I know the feeling wacko.gif Totally sucks!!! yes.gif

QUOTE (GedHead @ Mar 28 2008, 11:52 AM)
GeddyFinal.gif

I Hear The Beat Of An Anxious Heart
I Feel The Heat...it's Time For Us To Start
Time For Us To Start

It's only a verse (not complete at that) but man
I want to move to bohemia with Geddy
wub.gif

laugh.gif

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Here's my short list of favorite Ged vocals.

1) His Canadian accent in the second verse of Nobody's Hero: "AGAIIIINNST the howling mob"

2) The chorus of Marathon

3) From his solo record, a two way tie between the title track and Home On The Strange ("He likes to work with his hands")

4) Double Agent: "A fine place to penetrate"

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/GoddessInTheirGarden/shirtlessgeddy2008.jpg

Edited by GoddessInTheirGarden

QUOTE (joanneeeeee @ Mar 27 2008, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 27 2008, 10:36 AM)
QUOTE (GedHead @ Mar 27 2008, 03:00 PM)
I know this is an older topic but..............

I love My Favorite Headache    wub.gif

I've Gone Flying,
Trying To Reach You
You've Been Hiding,
Riding Me To A State Like This

Give Me That Window To,
Give Me That Window To,
Give Me That Window To The World

We Are Sailing,
Flailing Through The Ether
You've Been Trailing,
Failing Me With You're View Of Bliss

Give Me That Window To,
Give Me That Window To,

A Little More Than This,
A Little Less Than That,
You've Got Magic In Your Hands

A Little More Like This,
A Little Less Like That,
I've Got Magic In My Hands

You've Conspired,
Inspired Me To Find
A Place Like This

Give Me That Window To,
Give Me That Window To,

Those lyrics just .............  get my blood going....... 

If you know what I mean  blush4.gif

I love that one.. *melts* wub.gif

Ged NEVER gets old......or is it that he gets better with age?

BTW, anyone else find the way he strums that acoustic guitar on Resist just ohhhhhh soooooo hot?

*runs off to find RIR* drool1.gif

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! yes.gif yes.gif wub.gif "RESIST" is My FAVORITE RUSH SONG!!!!!!!!! I actually CRIED the first time I saw GEDDY perform that one in concert!!!!!!!! blush4.gif ohmy.gif That song (especially the acoustic version) JUST MELTS ME!!!!!!!!!!! heart.gif firedevil.gif wub.gif

"In the End" and "Rivendell" JUST "KILL" ME, TOO!!!!!!!!!! blush4.gif The way he sings,"You can take me for a little while...you can TAKE ME, you can MAKE ME SMILE..........IN THE END!" HE COMPLETELY MELTS ME!!!!!!!!! firedevil.gif

"CHEMISTRY" and "THE TWILIGHT ZONE" have the same effect on me!!!! yes.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Apr 27 2008, 10:37 PM)
I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet-- I remember the first time I heard "Available Light," and specifically the bit where he hits that REALLY high note ("IN the available light..."), I sat up and said, "Whoa!" laugh.gif

Ok I'm a guy and that part even gives me chills.

This post meant in a total heterosexual way.

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 19 2008, 01:21 PM)
Another song that I get chills with is when he does the speaking part in Double Agent wub.gif

Oh, yes, Double Agent does it for me. "Bound up and wound up so tight..." He can bind me up anytime!!

My other favorite Geddy moment is in Nocturne, right at the beginning: "Did I have a dream, or did the dream have me?" Maybe I didn't introduced myself...My name is Dream. coy.gif drool1.gif

Ohhh,

in The Spirit of Radio when he sings,

"it's really just a question of your honesty, yeah, your HONESTY."

mm.

and 2112, of course.

"...my lifeblood spills over..."

(:

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Apr 27 2008, 09:37 PM)
I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet-- I remember the first time I heard "Available Light," and specifically the bit where he hits that REALLY high note ("IN the available light..."), I sat up and said, "Whoa!" laugh.gif

I've always loved that part too yes.gif What an underrated song! sad.gif

QUOTE (izzy @ Jan 22 2008, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Jan 18 2008, 09:28 AM)
The very first thing that lept to my mind was my beloved Between Sun & Moon: "Ah, yes to yes..." etc wub.gif

Yes, that part where he's doing the 'ahhhs.' So fucken hot! I always sing along to songs, but I just have to stop and listen to him do that part by himself, I can't think of anything hotter.. sounding laugh.gif .

Yep, that part's awesome!

I just listened to "Middletown Dreams", and he's in fine voice there. Now, I know I am a Neil-freak here, but I do give credit where credit is due:

NO ONE does a better job of conveying the emotions behind the lyrics than Mr. Geddy Lee. His intonations get the point across without pounding it into an unrecognizable pulp (see: Celine Dion).

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 18 2008, 12:55 PM)
Oh god! I can find something drool-worthy about his voice in practically every Rush song drool1.gif

Ones that stand out the most:

Mission: "It's cold comfort, to the ones without it. To know how they struggled, how they suffered about it. <-- esp the italicized part!

Second Nature: Beginning of the song yes.gif

Animate: "Elevaaate meeee! Oh Ohh OHH!!" <-- last sung part of the song.

Face Up: "I get so angry, but I keep my mouth shut" esp. the first time he sings this.

Hand Over Fist:
You talk as we walk along
You never imagined I could be so wrong
Humming your favorite song
You know I've hated that song for so long

How can we ever agree?
Like the rest of the world
We grow farther apart
I swear you don't listen to me
Holding my hand to my heart
Holding my fist to my racing heart

annnd more!

At Irvine two weeks ago on Mothers Day you would have loved Geddys rendition that night...I have it on tape! 2.gif 1022.gif BTW, is the woman in the front row Center in the white shirt and short blonde hair a TRF member? Cause, as they say, "I got you, babe" 2.gif 1022.gif

I just found this thread, and I have to add some that I like!

I agree with Grape UP about the line in How It Is- 'foot upon the stair, shoulder to the wheel, you cn't tell yourself not to care, you can't tell yourself how to feel; And whoever added Rivendell - I used to listen to that whenever I was depressed!! It would give me chills!

From MFH, I really like Angel's Share and Slipping - I think his voice is great on those.

But one of my most favorite is Losing It. I love the whole song - the lyrics mean a lot to me personally, the melody is haunting - but Geddy's voice brings it all together.

(As for Tears - I have a recording of an acoustic version by Dream Theater, and James Labrie's singing blows away Geddy's original. I'm a Ged Gal, so please don't flame me!! But James Labrie is classically trained and has a great voice. He just does a much better job on this song than Geddy...)

oh boy...

first i read closer2heart's response and i was like "absolutely!"

"Christ what have you done!?" gosh can't you just feel the whole whole tragedy in that one heartbreaking line?

and then I thought....but doesnt anyone love AVAILABLE LIGHT??

and someone does! edgyspice thanks for bringing it up and gleamingalloyaircar81 thanks for your honesty man, it totally gives me the chills.

and Cygnalschick, I totally agree. Underrated indeed.

GUYS...and by guys I mean Geddy, Alex and Neil...would you PLEASE play AVAILABLE LIGHT...PLEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEEEE????

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jun 20 2008, 02:39 PM)

and then I thought....but doesnt anyone love AVAILABLE LIGHT??

and someone does! edgyspice thanks for bringing it up and gleamingalloyaircar81 thanks for your honesty man, it totally gives me the chills.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (fawn2112 @ Jun 23 2008, 08:32 AM)
This may be a bit weird but I really like to listen to him talk.  There's just something about him being so soft spoken that really gets me.

Oh yeah....

love to hear him whispering too wub.gif

QUOTE (fawn2112 @ Jun 23 2008, 08:32 AM)
This may be a bit weird but I really like to listen to him talk.  There's just something about him being so soft spoken that really gets me.

i totally agree with you 100%

the way he talks...just omg drool1.gif drool1.gif b_sigh.gif wub.gif

and joan...Ged whispering, how much sexier can it get? wub.gif drool1.gif b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Jan 18 2008, 12:25 AM)
So I was driving home tonight listening to "Good News First", and there's this part where Geddy does something with his voice that I find VERY sexy. wub.gif wub.gif

Right before the guitar solo begins, the lyrics go:

"Time if nothing else will do its worst, so do me that favor and tell me the good news first...". You can hear how Ged recorded at least two vocal tracks here, and in one of them he's singing a much lower register than usual, and I LOVE that part!

Soooo.... my question is- are there any parts in OTHER songs that Geddy's voice just makes your hair almost stand on end??? tongue.gif I know there's gotta be.... yes.gif GeddyFinal.gif So please share trink39.gif

I watched this like- 8492938 times. I heard his accent very clear and I got the shivers.

smile.gif