All you Geddy lovers ;)

Cygnalschick

QUOTE (trick_and_secret @ Aug 16 2008, 12:07 PM)
Is there anything he can sing that DOESN'T send a shiver down your spine and make you go all goose-pimpley??? Ummm, no.
I heard Dream Theater doing Tears once, now, great respect to these guys, but you can ONLY sing a Rush/Geddy song if you are Geddy. Therefore, no covers please! 2.gif 1022.gif wub.gif

EEEP, Dream Theater, covering TEARS!? ohmy.gif

NO, that is SO wrong. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

My favorite?

"Absalom, Absalom, Absalom!"

Edited by Imperatrix

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 17 2008, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (trick_and_secret @ Aug 16 2008, 12:07 PM)
Is there anything he can sing that DOESN'T send a shiver down your spine and make you go all goose-pimpley??? Ummm, no.
I heard Dream Theater doing Tears once, now, great respect to these guys, but you can ONLY sing a Rush/Geddy song if you are Geddy. Therefore, no covers please! 2.gif  1022.gif  wub.gif

EEEP, Dream Theater, covering TEARS!? ohmy.gif

NO, that is SO wrong. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

CORRECT

I just listened to Hemispheres (the song, not the whole album) for the first time in a few years. The vocals on the entire thing physically hurt me because they were so great! wub.gif wub.gif

I recently came across a 'demo' version of Double Agent, and the opening singing ("Where would you rather be...") accompanied with only bass sounded stellar. His voice is so nice! Lovely tone, and soothing vibrato. I listened to that same song a half dozen more times, then trawled through all the live versions I have of it. I certainly appreciate Geddy's singing chops more now!

And the bridge in Everyday Glory ("If the future's looking dark...") has always brought shivers. One of the best snippets in Rush's catalogue, methinks!

We'd be here for a few days if I listed every line that makes me swoon, but I WILL mention that I have the biggest thing for the way Geddy sings the word "move". Think about how many Rush songs that word's in...

Hey baby, the hour is late, I feel I've got to move ...oh yeah...

Just keep smilin', move onward ev'ry day

I cannot move, I cannot hide/ I feel a silent scream begin inside

The mob moves like demons possessed ...this one...

You move me -

You move me - ...OH BABY...

Some are born to move the world - ...mmm...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?

We can move with savage grace ...uh huh!...

To the movers and the shakers- ...stretching it a bit, but man, I love Second Nature...

Watch his every move ...oh, but I am...

You move around ...yeah, to get a good view of you, Geddy!...

You moooove like you're walking on thin ice ...*THUD*

If you could just move yours

As they move among the crowd

Carrie? Carrie? you okay? *still passed out*

^^ rofl3.gif ^^

You do have a point there.

I'm just going to add that I find Geddy's singing on Ghost Of A Chance to be very sexy.

Carry on.....

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jul 26 2011, 05:38 PM)
Watch his every move ...oh, but I am...

yes.gif Presto is full of these!

"I radiate more heat than light" (not only is that true, he sounds really good singing it!)

"In the available light" (powerful and sexy voice!)

I could ramble on about all the others but I have way too many to list.

Oh, man, I can't believe I just found this thread! I'm glad it's still active... A lot of my favorites have already been mentioned, but here goes:

Animate (pretty much the whole song)

Cold Fire (staying up all night talking...)

Presto (just a very romantic song in some ways)

Ghost of a Chance (ditto)

Between the Sun and Moon (the much discussed "aaah yes to yes..." along with "penetrate") tongue.gif

In the Mood and Need Some Love (mmmm.... portrait of the artist as a young hormone bomb)

Rivendell (sensitive '70s Ged!)

Madrigal (see Rivendell)

There are a TON more, but that's all I could think of off the top of my head...

QUOTE (SavageAmy @ Jul 30 2011, 04:06 PM)
Between the Sun and Moon (the much discussed "aaah yes to yes..." along with "penetrate") tongue.gif

Oh, Ged. I can no longer listen to that song innocently. My dirty mind completely misinterprets it. The video of Rush's first show on the Vapor Trails tour, in Hartford, Connecticut, doesn't help. blush4.gif

See what you do to your fangirls, Geddy? I don't mind it, but whoa. ph34r.gif

I'd like to add the song "Earthshine." One of my Rush nicknames is Earthshine, so whenever I listen to that song, it seems as if Geddy's singing to and about me. Quite a lovely feeling... wub.gif

Also "Double Agent." His voice is very sexy while it's in a low, almost hoarse whisper in the spoken parts. He should do that more often in Rush songs. tongue.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Jul 30 2011, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (SavageAmy @ Jul 30 2011, 04:06 PM)
Between the Sun and Moon (the much discussed "aaah yes to yes..." along with "penetrate")  tongue.gif

Oh, Ged. I can no longer listen to that song innocently. My dirty mind completely misinterprets it. The video of Rush's first show on the Vapor Trails tour, in Hartford, Connecticut, doesn't help. blush4.gif

See what you do to your fangirls, Geddy? I don't mind it, but whoa. ph34r.gif

Same here. blush4.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 3 2011, 03:10 AM)
His sexy voice just makes me go very weak at the knees... tempted.gif wub.gif drool1.gif b_sigh.gif

You're soooo right, Babycat!!!!!!!! yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif wub.gif wub.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif I know we all can relate to that feeling!!!!!!!! yes.gif doh.gif tongue.gif ohmy.gif wub.gif wub.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif

QUOTE (Vive le Rush @ Aug 3 2011, 11:26 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 3 2011, 03:10 AM)
His sexy voice just makes me go very weak at the knees...  tempted.gif  wub.gif  drool1.gif  b_sigh.gif

You're soooo right, Babycat!!!!!!!! yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif wub.gif wub.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif I know we all can relate to that feeling!!!!!!!! yes.gif doh.gif tongue.gif ohmy.gif wub.gif wub.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif

First you get the quivers, then the full-blown shakes, you go hot under the collar (as it were), and then you feel like you can't breathe..!

That's the effect that man has on me!

tempted.gif drool1.gif tempted.gif yes.gif wub.gif tempted.gif firedevil.gif tempted.gif yes.gif drool1.gif tempted.gif firedevil.gif Prrrrrrrr!!!

Lately I've been noticing his singing of the word 'hand' - I dunno, I just like the way sings it!

Let's see, what is 'hand' in...

Earthshine...

The Big Money...

Witch Hunt...

Secret Touch...

Hmm, wonder what else there is?

I absolutely love Geddy's voice in Red Barchetta where he over-enunicates:

At the one lane bridge, I leave the giant STRANDED at the river SIDE, race back to the farm to dream with my uncle at the FIRE SIDE.

I also love his speaking voice when he introduces the song on "Exit Stage Left" "This is a song about a car - the Red Barchetta."

Well I still get really high when he sings on Sweet Miracles and breaks into the interlude...he is supposedly singing "salvation" but I can't hear it.

If I am not in love with that, then I am more in love with that thing he does with his lips...kinda like when they say you purse your lips...don't know how to describe it but that movement or motion of that sweet mouth of his caused me to FALL IN LOVE. Morphed from fan to fanatic.

QUOTE (hastoloverush @ Sep 24 2011, 12:45 AM)
purse your lips...don't know how to describe it

That's exactly how I describe it! He seems to do a lot of it when he and Alex are making faces onstage, or when he knows someone in the audience is taking pics of him lips.gif

Hmmm... in many 70s lines, he sounds sooo cute that make me wanna hug him! Like these:

Rivendell: the whole song. Especially that "escape the world" part, it sounds like an elf singing... aawwnn.

In The End - the acoustic part. Reeeeeally cute!

Panacea in The Fountain of Lamneth. I love when he sings that softly, it really gets me. wub.gif

The "Discovery" part of 2112, too. Listen to that "gently like rain". I love to hear his tongue on "gently", and... he sings it so gently laugh.gif

Tears is one of those I just can't sing along, it's almost a sin. You have to hear him doing it. And, ooh, it's so sad and beautiful and great and... b_sigh.gif

The chorus in The Twilight Zone. It sends a shiver down my spine.

Skipping a few years... oh, wait, there's Xanadu. Another big one.

Natural Science... the Tide Pools part. Damn, he's great! I overplay this one every time I listen to Permanent Waves.

Losing It is one of the best pieces of melancholy a guy has ever sung. Thanks God it was Geddy!

The chorus in Between The Wheels too. And that "handle with kid gloves..." on (duh) Kid Gloves. So cute.

Okay, let's shorten it. I guess I posted enogh, but there's so many more "cuteness"... So I'll finish with Double Agent. Its spoken part - so sexy. The first time I heard it was like "WOW, is this Geddy himself?" biggrin.gif

So that's it, it seems I another Geddy addicted... what can I do, it's not our fault if he is so great! Hope you enjoy my little list.

PS: I'm new here, feeling at home! heart.gif