Give Praise to God

closer2heart

QUOTE (hermy @ Jan 11 2008, 09:44 PM)
How about as an Admin you keep people on topic.....then the thread would be just fine.

Sorry, can't resist...

Why don't you just forgive her? wink.gif biggrin.gif

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son so that so that he so ever that shall believe in him shall not parrish but have eternal life.

If were quoting stuff, this one has to be out there.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 11 2008, 03:45 PM)
I'd just like to say that I am about as atheist (if you like labels) as you can possibly get, but I see no harm in this thread.

Nobody is hurting anyone else, and no-one is being forced to read it.

Carry on. wink.gif

AMEN, brother! yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

There's a greeting common in Hindu countries that captures a beautiful thought: Namaste.

It means, "that which is holy in me greets that which is holy in you."

No matter what your beliefs, it's a lovely way to acknowledge that while we may not all be on the same path to knowledge and wisdom, nevertheless we honor each others' paths.

OK. Now, as Fridge would say,

Carry on. wink.gif

Lord, I have given up my pride and turned away from my arrogance. I am not concerned with great matters or with subjects too difficult for me. Instead, I am content and at peace. As a child lies quietly in its mother's arms, so my heart is quiet within me.

Lord, please help me to be the kind of man my dog thinks I am! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 11 2008, 04:57 PM)
How about as an Admin you keep people on topic.....then the thread would be just fine.

Sorry, can't resist...

Thanks P, I appreciate the sentiment. I do. But I don't feel there is any reason for me to require his (or anyone's) forgiveness. I expressed an opinion, (to which I am entitled) and any Christian, who bears ill will, will need to take that up with his Creator.

I am at peace with my relationship with My Lord. I do not feel obliged to push my Religion on anyone. I will, ask for prayers if indeed I feel they are required. I pray everyday. I appreciate those of you sending good thoughts, or vibes in lieu of prayers. Please don't ever feel they're unappreciated.

However, this thread seems to have touched a nerve on some. Or at least, my opinion seems to have touched a nerve for some. For those that know me, they know I bear no ill will to anyone. I am far from confrontational, except when provoked, and I am a peaceful player in this game of Life. I am Me. Born and raised a Roman Catholic. God's gift to me was life, and I intend to live it to the fullest, die happy and go to my Heaven.

I respect those of other Religions and Beliefs and appreciate their views, although different from mine, they are Opinions to which they are entitled.

QUOTE (sundog @ Jan 11 2008, 10:52 PM)

Sorry, can't resist...

Thanks P, I appreciate the sentiment. I do. But I don't feel there is any reason for me to require his (or anyone's) forgiveness. I expressed an opinion, (to which I am entitled) and any Christian, who bears ill will, will need to take that up with his Creator.

I am at peace with my relationship with My Lord. I do not feel obliged to push my Religion on anyone. I will, ask for prayers if indeed I feel they are required. I pray everyday. I appreciate those of you sending good thoughts, or vibes in lieu of prayers. Please don't ever feel they're unappreciated.

However, this thread seems to have touched a nerve on some. Or at least, my opinion seems to have touched a nerve for some. For those that know me, they know I bear no ill will to anyone. I am far from confrontational, except when provoked, and I am a peaceful player in this game of Life. I am Me. Born and raised a Roman Catholic. God's gift to me was life, and I intend to live it to the fullest, die happy and go to my Heaven.

I respect those of other Religions and Beliefs and appreciate their views, although different from mine, they are Opinions to which they are entitled.

Hi J bekloppt.gif

Actually I was just trying to lighten the mood Bill Hicks style,by poking a bit of gentle fun at the Christian concept of forgiveness, but of course I'll back you anytime....

You're just too nice not to yes.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Jan 11 2008, 05:30 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 11 2008, 03:45 PM)
I'd just like to say that I am about as atheist (if you like labels) as you can possibly get, but I see no harm in this thread.

Nobody is hurting anyone else, and no-one is being forced to read it.

Carry on. wink.gif

AMEN, brother! yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

There's a greeting common in Hindu countries that captures a beautiful thought: Namaste.

It means, "that which is holy in me greets that which is holy in you."

No matter what your beliefs, it's a lovely way to acknowledge that while we may not all be on the same path to knowledge and wisdom, nevertheless we honor each others' paths.

OK. Now, as Fridge would say,

Carry on. wink.gif

laugh.gif I love that Ori smile.gif Hindu and Buddah are more about the person, the individual and the spirit and as you say our paths. It seems so much healthier to think about paths crossing that when you do encounter another individual, even if you do not find a similarity or connection, it is gratifying to simply take note of positive factors in that we HAVE others around us.

You can never have enough love smile.gif Especially in this world.

Oh Yeah! laugh.gif Uh... Carry on wink.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Jan 11 2008, 05:52 PM)

Sorry, can't resist...

Very well said, Sunny biggrin.gif

I try to live my life the same way, and it ain't easy!

QUOTE (the invisible man @ Jan 11 2008, 07:21 PM)
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

When Jusus said that, a stone was cast and when he turned he said, Hi Mom!

smile.gif

y'now,i never did get God......or religion ........apart from the Sufi Way maybe.....always liked that.But don't think bad of me but i'm with that german dude in this-we would have made Him up.

We need something to fullfill our lives-what other than a higher being to rest the blame on?I'm not having a go,there must be one thing you guys can tell me that could change my mind-it's not a challange......more of a suggestion.

I've read too much to dismiss peoples beliefs,the chap i go to photography club with is a Canon in the CoE so i know a bit about this stuff.

What is it about?

Peace-John.

well, I haven't figured out how to carry a quote forward yet, but I love that quote about the dog....it's profound to me..unconditional love!

and I thought I'd give my thoughts toward callmejim's post:

I guess the best answer I can give for myself is that as far back as my memory goes I've had a belief that we have a maker and that we have been made to be innately good. Our time here on earth is limited and our purpose is to grow and learn to love. We do this through suffering, if we choose to. We can also choose not to grow.

I chose the beatitudes to start the thread with because it always amazed me that people with the least material things in the world always seemed to have the strongest faith in a god or humanity. In the face of poverty and tragedy the human spirit can still thrive.

I know that doesn't answer any specific questions but faith will always be just that, faith. There will never be proof. And I don't look at it as a weakness, and the need to blame things on someone, because faith actually causes you to reach beyond your own needs and be responsible for more than yourself. We're all responsible to each other.

And I don't see that this is out of place with discussing Rush. Music is one of the most critical ways that people express their thoughts and beliefs. It's universal. But I guess using the word God can seem controversial to some. There are many terms people use. That's just mine.

Peace everyone!

2.gif

QUOTE (closer2heart @ Jan 11 2008, 08:36 PM)
well, I haven't figured out how to carry a quote forward yet, but I love that quote about the dog....it's profound to me..unconditional love!

and I thought I'd give my thoughts toward callmejim's post:

I guess the best answer I can give for myself is that as far back as my memory goes I've had a belief that we have a maker and that we have been made to be innately good. Our time here on earth is limited and our purpose is to grow and learn to love. We do this through suffering, if we choose to. We can also choose not to grow.

I chose the beatitudes to start the thread with because it always amazed me that people with the least material things in the world always seemed to have the strongest faith in a god or humanity. In the face of poverty and tragedy the human spirit can still thrive.

I know that doesn't answer any specific questions but faith will always be just that, faith. There will never be proof. And I don't look at it as a weakness, and the need to blame things on someone, because faith actually causes you to reach beyond your own needs and be responsible for more than yourself. We're all responsible to each other.

And I don't see that this is out of place with discussing Rush. Music is one of the most critical ways that people express their thoughts and beliefs. It's universal. But I guess using the word God can seem controversial to some. There are many terms people use. That's just mine.

Peace everyone!

2.gif

click on the (Quote) button which is located in the top right corner of every post smile.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Jan 11 2008, 09:21 PM)
...God never gives you more than you can handle.

unsure.gif Yer kidding right?

wacko.gif I've been fooled.

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jan 11 2008, 09:24 PM)

Yeah, I know a few people who would contest that one...and they'd win.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 11 2008, 09:25 PM)

God gave me a brick wall cause he knew I could handle it banghead.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jan 11 2008, 09:26 PM)

maybe a way around or over it...

QUOTE (owlswing @ Jan 11 2008, 09:29 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Jan 11 2008, 09:26 PM)

maybe a way around or over it...

Hey I might not always agree with it but it's what gets me though when I want to give up.

Archived