Would Rush ever do an acoustic show?

nettiesaur

wacko.gif

So would Rush ever do an all acoustic show? What do you think?

Do you think that will be what makes this tour special? Will they do a whole acoustic set? Did Neil make them because his hands got too sore the last time? HuH?

Answer one question or all, whatever you like!!!

I think that on, what was it, the R30 disc that they never wanted to follow the scheme of Rockers doing acoustic sets? Just Resist I guess. But hey! Who the hell knows, right?

I'll say a refreshing no to that acoustic set thing. I dun think that acoustic and Rush go together anyway.

A Rush acoustic show would be hella-lame. An acoustic section like on the Vapor Trails tour or R30 is awesome, though. If Neil Peart can get his time to shine by himself, why shouldn't Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson?

QUOTE (drewb93 @ Jan 7 2008, 02:29 AM)
If it were acoustic, it wouldn't be RUSH, it would be Alex and Geddy! No Neil Peart = no Rush. I thought Resist done acoustically was nice, but I can't imagine an all-acoustic tour

Yeah and if they wanted to play some of their more recent material - Vapor Trails/Snakes And Arrows a lot of that stuff is quite "dark" and in some cases heavy, I can't imagine a lot of it would transfer well into acoustic.

My local Rush tribute band Bravado do a brilliant acoustic cover of Time Stand Still though. That's one that works well.

Doesnt float my boat i'm afraid, cant really imagine an acoustic version of subdivisions working too well.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Borough of Shmeng @ Jan 7 2008, 01:04 PM)
Doesnt float my boat i'm afraid, cant really imagine an acoustic version of subdivisions working too well.

rofl3.gif

Theres an awesome version somewhere on youtube, with 3 guitarists

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jan 7 2008, 04:57 AM)
QUOTE (drewb93 @ Jan 7 2008, 02:29 AM)
If it were acoustic, it wouldn't  be RUSH, it would be Alex and Geddy! No Neil Peart = no Rush. I thought Resist done acoustically was nice, but I can't imagine an all-acoustic tour

Yeah and if they wanted to play some of their more recent material - Vapor Trails/Snakes And Arrows a lot of that stuff is quite "dark" and in some cases heavy, I can't imagine a lot of it would transfer well into acoustic.

Maybe, but I'm sure a lot of people thought the same about Nirvana's music before they did their MTV Unplugged.

QUOTE (J0N @ Jan 7 2008, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (Borough of Shmeng @ Jan 7 2008, 01:04 PM)

rofl3.gif

Theres an awesome version somewhere on youtube, with 3 guitarists

Damn, it's pretty good.

it has been done to death.

QUOTE (drewb93 @ Jan 6 2008, 07:29 PM)
If it were acoustic, it wouldn't be RUSH, it would be Alex and Geddy! No Neil Peart = no Rush. I thought Resist done acoustically was nice, but I can't imagine an all-acoustic tour

I agree....I probably would enjoy the set very much...but by definition it wouldn't be Rush...even if you had Neil on a Tamborine biggrin.gif

Archived