Coheed & Cambria

The Dali

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Oct 19 2012, 07:59 PM)
Payday here... finally got Afterman: Ascension! I've given it two full spins, plus a couple repeat songs (Domino, Holly Wood, Mothers of Men), and it sounds amazing!!! Can't wait to get deeper into this one and then hear part 2!

Good songs. Vic the Butcher is my favorite. Just awesome experimental coheed. Reminds me of Al the Killer. And Goodnight Fair Lady's intro reminds me of the ones from Once Upon Your Dead Body or Mother May I... Or maybe some sort of morbid crossbreed.

The only song I'm not feeling is "The Afterman" itself. It's great aside from the chorus. The vocal is so plain that is just disappoints me, I'd love to hear Claudio sing some great high long high notes during that chorus.

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Oct 20 2012, 09:41 PM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Oct 19 2012, 07:59 PM)
Payday here... finally got Afterman: Ascension! I've given it two full spins, plus a couple repeat songs (Domino, Holly Wood, Mothers of Men), and it sounds amazing!!! Can't wait to get deeper into this one and then hear part 2!

Good songs. Vic the Butcher is my favorite. Just awesome experimental coheed. Reminds me of Al the Killer. And Goodnight Fair Lady's intro reminds me of the ones from Once Upon Your Dead Body or Mother May I... Or maybe some sort of morbid crossbreed.

The only song I'm not feeling is "The Afterman" itself. It's great aside from the chorus. The vocal is so plain that is just disappoints me, I'd love to hear Claudio sing some great high long high notes during that chorus.

After a couple more days of listening, I gotta agree about Vic! Man, it's great. I like The Afterman track, but haven't really gotten into Subtraction.

After several spins, I am really digging this record, blows YotBR away... however, The album feels incomplete, and for album oriented rock I am left at a musical standstill and it as a whole dosen't stand by itself... It feels like the first half a double album, and not the first part of a two album suite.... I think once part tow is out that you would need to listen them back to back to hear it proper...

Listening to this without the follow up I feel is like trying to listen to the first LP of "The Wall" and having to wait a few months to finish the album... I would have waited and released the album as a whole.... then again, marketing wise Brilliant move by the band.

After several spins, I am really digging this record, blows YotBR away... however, The album feels incomplete, and for album oriented rock I am left at a musical standstill and it as a whole dosen't stand by itself... It feels like the first half a double album, and not the first part of a two album suite.... I think once part tow is out that you would need to listen them back to back to hear it proper...

Listening to this without the follow up I feel is like trying to listen to the first LP of "The Wall" and having to wait a few months to finish the album... I would have waited and released the album as a whole.... then again, marketing wise Brilliant move by the band.

I'm enjoying the same "incomplete" feeling you're getting. It's by far their shortest record and it's got me craving part II... Waiting for the glorious day the two unite.

YotBR was great by the way. This band has yet to disappoint me, NWFT is the only album that is a majority of just decents to duds imo.

YotBR was great by the way. This band has yet to disappoint me, NWFT is the only album that is a majority of just decents to duds imo.

Same. I thought YOTBR was awesome, especially Guns of Summer, Far, Made Out Of Nothing, and In The Flame of Error. NWFT is definitely their weakest, the ending suite falls flat and it doesn't have the finality that the final album in the saga should have and the shorter songs are weak (though I LOVE G&G and Justice...)

"The Afterman" video is absolutely BRILLIANT!

Coheed is the new Rush. JMO.

I love this band. Claudio is a genius. His voice is beyond incredible yet Rush fans rip it, yet they defend Geddy! Classic.

The torch will be passed.

I can't wait to see Coheed at The Warfield next year. They were great opening for Iron Maiden.

Then again I flew to LA to see a few NEVERENDER shows. Met Claudio. He told me that he loves Rush.

Of course he does! What a no brainer! LOL!

Cheers!!

COHEED RULES.

Just watch "The Afterman" video.

There is hope through tragedy............................... or is there?

The aftermath has to be my least favorite coheed album by default simply because its the shortest! Just kidding, 2nd least favorite to NWFT for that reason, NWFT is the only thing close to a bad coheed album.

Love mothers of men! Classic coheed with a beautiful melody.

The truth will cut you down to pieces

184, lets burn her down!

I will post a cool recent concert by them in full from YouTube when I get home tonight. You can probably find it yourself through a simple search.

The aftermath has to be my least favorite coheed album by default simply because its the shortest! Just kidding, 2nd least favorite to NWFT for that reason, NWFT is the only thing close to a bad coheed album.

Love mothers of men! Classic coheed with a beautiful melody.

The truth will cut you down to pieces

184, lets burn her down!

I will post a cool recent concert by them in full from YouTube when I get home tonight. You can probably find it yourself through a simple search.

I have my tickets for The Warfield! I can't wait!

Coheed opened for Iron Maiden in the summer. They were fukking amazing.

I love "Welcome Home" when Claudio whips out the Alex doubleneck white guitar! HE RULES!

Many Maiden fans were very impressed!

Sorry Duck! I love you man but Coheed is NOT EMO!

EMO BANDS ARE SHIT!

More like ELMO from Sesame Street.

COHEED RULES!

Really digging The Hard Sell! Can't wait for Feb 5 and the tour to hit Texas. Coheed :haz:

You've got good "Game!" This band RULES! Can't wait for The Warfield! I got my tickets in the mail today!!!

I saw them open for Maiden and they blew me away. Can't wait to see them headline again!

The NEVERENDER TOUR in Los Angeles was one of the greatest rock and roll trips I have ever taken! I usually only fly for Rush.

Even my wife loves this band which is shocking!

I've taken Wendy all around the nation for Rush shows and she like Coheed better than Rush! Even I can't believe it but it's fine with me! She is 38. I am 44.

COHEED RULES!

New album leaked, apparently.

Yup, and it's awesome.

I can't get into this band. I find that they produce music kind of like the type you often hear used in the latest romantic comedies, usually when there's an uptempo moment like a lame car chase or something.

• Like 1

Yup, and it's awesome.

I can't get into this band. I find that they produce music kind of like the type you often hear used in the latest romantic comedies, usually when there's an uptempo moment like a lame car chase or something.

That's the funniest way I've heard their music described :LOL:

Yup, and it's awesome.

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

Yup, and it's awesome.

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

http://youtu.be/jNZ-vs81X6M

Yup, and it's awesome.

I can't get into them either. Their vocals seem way to poppy to me. Like some annoying metalcore. Say what you want about them sounding similar to Geddy. I don't hear it at all.

Yup, and it's awesome.

I can't get into them either. Their vocals seem way to poppy to me. Like some annoying metalcore. Say what you want about them sounding similar to Geddy. I don't hear it at all.

Yeah I don't get the Rush connection either and the C&C hype is ridiculous...