SPOILERS-I Am Legend

Sticklah

I eagerly awaited "I Am Legend" and got to see it just yesterday.

The first two thirds seemed pretty good you got to see how he lived, what he did to keep himself busy and a lot of cool shots of a deserted city (something I really enjoy). But the vampires at first seemed like savages but a lack of development left the mental development of the vampires out of sight and out of mind which made it seem really odd when they set a trap for him. I really didn't like this movie for it being "bad" but being so mediocre when it could have been so much awesomer.

[Mod edited to add spoiler warning.]

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 19 2007, 03:26 AM)
I've listed Charlton Heston's "The Omega Man" as one of my favourite films for over 20 years, so I'm approaching this one with some trepidation.....

Like the Planet of the Apes remake, "Legend" won't touch The Omega Man. Heston gets his fair share of flack these days, but when it comes to the crunch, when stacked up against him role for role, these modern stars can't hold a candle to him...

I saw it on Monday and was very dissapointed. I expected much better. It was very sub average.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 19 2007, 10:27 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 19 2007, 11:20 AM)
I hope some fool doesn't try and remake Soylent Green as well...

eyesre4.gif

From your mouth to God's ears mate......

Ditto that! No one should ever try to out-emote Heston in his delivery of the immortal line: "SOYLENT GREEN IS PEEEEEPULLLLLLL!"

I always loved "Omega Man," and I've always meant to read Matheson's "I Am Legend."

But if the "re-make" sucks, it sucks.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 19 2007, 10:33 AM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 19 2007, 10:27 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 19 2007, 11:20 AM)
I hope some fool doesn't try and remake Soylent Green as well...

eyesre4.gif

From your mouth to God's ears mate......

Ditto that! No one should ever try to out-emote Heston in his delivery of the immortal line: "SOYLENT GREEN IS PEEEEEPULLLLLLL!"

did anyone see the sequel "Soylent White"?

(it was an SNL skit)

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 19 2007, 03:26 AM)
I've listed Charlton Heston's "The Omega Man" as one of my favourite films for over 20 years, so I'm approaching this one with some trepidation.....

I went after having to cancel a date with my daughter to see National Traesure. I am a huge Omega Man fan, so went in expecting the worst. I actually enjoyed it and thought Will Smith did a decent job. I'm not a big fan of CGI, and thought they could have done a beter job on the dark-seekers, but the pacing was good and the scenes with Will alone in the city were very well done.

Not a classic, but worth seeing.

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Dec 23 2007, 08:40 PM)
I liked I Am Legend. The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the vampires.

I agree that this was a weakness. I don't understand why they took that approach. It didn't seem to fit at all.

I thought it was pretty good

I think they missed out massive chunks of orignally intended story line though. Because I remember seeing a trailer for it maybe a year or a year and a half ago, and it had a whole lot of different stuff that didn't appear in the movie , with more on how his wife and kid (Who I didn't realise was female till like 2/3 in) got on, and such - left a lot of holes.

So hopefully if they release an extended edition on DVD it will be awesome.

THE FRIGGIN THIRD WORST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN NEXT TO

CONTACT AND BABAL

DO NOT -I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR $ OR TIME ON THIS ONE .

This movie was so dull i walked out not even half way and joined my other kid at Alvin and the Chipmunks which was better

Edited by YYZ Working Man

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Dec 31 2007, 05:02 AM)
CONTACT AND BABAL

This movie was so dull i walked out not even half way and joined my other kid at Alvin and the Chipmunks which was better

wtf.gif

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Dec 31 2007, 01:02 AM)
CONTACT AND BABAL

You probably haven't seen Envy, Without a Paddle, or the Blair Witch Project.

If you have, I feel sorry for your taste in movies.